Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
angora

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Im using the Oxygen Face, Scrub, and Fruit Acids. Ive been applying the FA (waiting 10 mins)then the OF, both in the AM and PM.
Is anyone able to clarify what product the "fruit acids" referred to towards the beginning of the thread actually is? Is it the AHA cream, or the vita-a-kombi with AHA cream? (someone tried to explain the difference towards the beginning of the thread but I am still totally lost! I love the sound of the cream though so really want to work out what it is).

I am 24 with very uneven skintone (which I think may be from the sun, though I am not sure. I have never had acne so its not that). I am very oily and have huge pores. I am very interested in the KH products and am thinking of getting:
The professional cleansing gel
The oxygen face cream
The vita-a-kombi 2
and the fruit acids (if I can work out what product this actually is!)

I would also get the eye cream free with purchase.

If anyone has any advice on whether those products sound like the right choice for my skin it would be much appreciated.

I also discovered through reading this thread that it is recommended that you use the vita-a-kombi 1 for 2 weeks before moving to vita-a-kombi 2.. however, I don't want to purchase the VAK 1 to only use such a small amount of it - would starting with the oxygen face cream then introducing the VAK2 after a few weeks have the same gradual effect?

I am a complete skincare noob, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Angora....welcome to our forum. I will try to explain a little about KH. There is a Vita Kombi2 cream which contains 2% oxygen. Then there is another 2% oxygen cream called Vita A Apricot which contains, in addition to the 2% oxygen, apricot kernel oil and glycolic acid. This is the difference between the two creams.

If you are beginning your KH regime with the oxygen face cream keep in mind that this product contains 2% oxygen. Some people do better starting with a 1% oxygen and gradually moving upwards. The more sensitive your skin the better to start with 1%. But, you don't have to. Some people begin with 2% and have no problems at all. It just depends on you and your skin type.

The products you wish to purchase sound great. Good luck with KH and if you have any more questions feel free to post them and keep us updated on your progress.
angora

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Leelee. So the fruit acids is the vita-a-apricot? not the AHA cream?

Thanks again xx
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello angora, there is an AHA cream but it is 1% oxygen without apricot kernel oil. I know, a bit confusing. I thought you were only interested in the 2% oxygen creams.
angora

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
No, basically I have been reading through the beginning of this thread (gave up after the first 30 pages as that alone took me days to get through!). One girl who had skin similar to mine (oily with large pores) was having great success using the KH "fruit acids" - but I can't for the life of me work out which product that is! I'm wondering if maybe there was a product called that that has been discontinued or renamed.

On the KH UK site the description of the 'vita-a-kombi with AHA' cream says it "combines the fabulously effective Fruit Acids Cream from the range, with the patented Vita-A-Kombi cream". Which is what lead me to think maybe "fruit acids" referred to in the early pages of this thread might be the AHA cream.

Sorry if my previous posts (and this one) are confusing! As you can probably tell I'm a bit confused myself!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Angora, product lines are so confusing to everyone. I've been using KH for 5 years and I still can't remember all of the products and their names.

I think the UK site is referring to the 1% Vita Kombi cream with glycolic acid.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
This seems to be a celebrity driven skin care line.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
This seems to be a celebrity driven skin care line.

And ... ?

The products work fantastic. I've never had this good of results with anything else in my life.

If it works--use it.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I agree...except the eye cream was bleaching my eye rows and I had to stop using it
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I dye my hair blonde, so I actually put the stuff on my eyebrows to lighten them up. Hah Smile
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think that I am going to give this line another try, I had a few products back in 2008 but honestly can't remember. Now in my 40's, time to re-vamp my regime.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
This line contains a lot of mineral oils, don't know why its so popular.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone still using this line? Smile
LisaR

Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:42 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Anyone still using this line? Smile

I liked it back in the day - now Beauty Pie is making a an Oxygen Instant Facial product that is made at the Herzog lab in Switzerland and like all Beauty Pie things, it's affordable, so I just got some to try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |