Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyebrows - help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bluesky
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm mid-40s, female, fair-skinned, and have ruined my eyebrows with nearly 30 years of overplucking. I also have either Chronic Telogen Effluvium or maybe androgenetic alopecia because my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes are shedding and thinning.

My eyebrows look terrible. They are sparse, totally bald in spots, not symmetrical and look moth-eaten and misshapen. I've tried many things to help them grow but nothing has worked so far, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or has found something that has helped them.

Things I have tried:

- Thyroid test (normal, plus it's the inner part of my eyebrows that look the worst, not the tails) I also started a thyroid supplement (ThyroSMART) recently, just in case
- Biotin
- Viviscal (10 months; no effect)
- Rapidbrow (5 months, overlap with Viviscal; very little noticeable effect; maybe a bit of growth but not really)
- Minoxidil 2% (generic; 6 months; no effect; horrible side-effects)
- Minoxidil 5% (Lipogaine; 6 months; small effect, but side effects of redness, severe itching and peeling skin so not worth it)
- Currently trying copper peptides (Folligen, alternate nights) but it also itches and burns; not sure I can keep it up. Note: Folligen doesn't burn my scalp, just my eyebrows
- Currently trying castor oil (on alternate nights when I don't use the Folligen), but my eyelashes have told me it will take a year to see anything

Things I won't try
- Prostaglandins (Careprost, Latisse) - I have hazel eyes and I don't want them to darken. Brows and lashes are not worth that to me!
- Scalp hair transplant (looks unnatural)
- Microblading/tattoos (looks unnatural, too risky)

Things I haven't tried but would:
- Topicals (emu oil, castor oil etc)
- exfoliation/dry brushing - I read it's supposed to help
- Dermarolling (found studies showing it helps hair grow in a mouse model and when used in conjunction with Rogaine on the scalp)
- PRP or stem cell injections

Has anyone tried any of these and what were the results? Anything else I'm missing?

Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I think you better call your cosmetologist
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Cosmetologist isn't the one to call, dermatologist is.
Castor oil does help although it is messy.
I have had microblading, and both my sister-in-laws and several friends.
It does look natural if you get the powdered version or a mix of the two. You also cannot do them very dark or it looks fakey. Skill has the most to do with it but doing it in layered steps will increase the natural look.
Good luck and hope you find something to help you.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Update:

- Castor oil didn't do much
- I can't see my original post, so I forgot if I mentioned copper peptides - didn't help
- I tried microneedling but didn't see much difference. I only tried a few times so I might have to continue with that.
- I just purchased Emu oil and am starting with that. Will update in a few months.
- I also added oral tocotrienols (form of Vitamin E with a couple studies showing it increases hair growth by 40% in 8 months). I tried it topically but it's bright orange LOL

So far the best thing seems to be the RapidBrow serum. It works but doesn't do miracles - just helps fill in a few bald/sparse spots. I have some areas damaged by the Rogaine which even the serum doesn't seem to help.

As for the dermatologist, yes I have made an appointment, but I live in Canada and it's a 12-18-month wait. Made the appointment last March. My appointment is next August. In the meantime I am just trying whatever I can.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Here are couple of products you may want to try. The reviews for both are pretty positive on the Ordinary website:

Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density
https://theordinary.com/en-us/multi-peptide-serum-for-hair-density-hair-scalp-treatment-100434.html

Multi-Peptide Lash and Brow Serum
https://theordinary.com/en-us/multi-peptide-lash-brow-serum-100111.html

I just started using the brow serum on my disappearing eyebrows with hopeful optimism Smile
bluesky
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just as a further update.

I have seen a dermatologist and found that I have very low ferritin and also was diagnosed with Hashimoto's (autoimmune hypothyroidism).

Thanks to functional medicine testing, I also found that I have 3 different gut infections (certain infections are known to cause hair loss). These probably triggered the Hashimoto's too.

Getting my ferritin up hasn't helped much, but I am currently in treatment for the gut infections and I should be starting treatment for Hashimoto's over the next few weeks.

I am hopeful that finding (and fixing) the root causes of my hair loss will help my eyebrows and eyelashes (and the rest of my hair) to grow back.

In the meantime, I use the Rapidbrow serum to get them about halfway there. As a bonus it also darkens the hairs a bit Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |