Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lyma Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Lyma Laser? Very expensive but seems legit. I am thinking of buying it, I am justifying the price if I don't need to do any other treatments. My skin is pretty good at age 51 and I get mistaken for my early 30's (wearing a mask) but my issue is sagging around the mouth area. I don't have the bone structure to hold up that area.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:17 am      Reply with quote
It seems to be a very strong and expensive drug, but the results are surprising. I wouldn't want to spend that much money on a laser. If you have the opportunity, it's better to read a lot of reviews.
foxy1
5% products discount

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I checked it out - found a few good reviews but at that price tag I think it worth waiting to see how it pans out long term.

In the meantime, I'm getting very interested in DIY mesotherapy. Anyone else?
AmberP
5% products discount

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello, foxy1! I am interested in it, how can we do it?
foxy1
5% products discount

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Amber,
There are a lot of videos on You Tube that show how to do mesotherapy which is basically infusing your skin with products known as skin boosters.

If you are squeamish, you might not like to watch these videos but I like the results many women are getting from the procedure.

Here is a link to one YouTube channel "Georgeously Aging" that has a lot of interesting anti-aging videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK-9QABtVGk

Post back what you think.
peaprincess
5% products discount

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello, gosh I havent posted here for years and years!

I specifically popped by to see if anyone was walking about Lyma laser. I'm interested in the experience of others as I actually bought this device in November. I've used it for 15mins PER SECTION of the face, for the 90 days, and...nothing. literally no results at all.

At £2000 I really wish I hadn't bought it but at the time I thought at that price it would HAVE to work (despite the only 'reviews' being editorials). It doesnt work. And there's no try it and see period. I contacted Lyma but their 'concierge' was unhelpful. Im cross with myself because I couldn't really afford the £2000. I've really learnt a hard lesson here.

I should also mention that the three women I've conversed with, who also bought it, have had the same experience.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Good to see you back!
Thank you for adding your honest opinion.
I had been watching the thread and thinking about getting one.Not anymore.
But that's what this forum is for!

Mon May 31, 2021 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi...Peaprincess I wondered if you’ve noticed an improvement now...having more time passed for maybe collagen to respond? Or still no change?
RiaS

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I’ve been using Lyma since June of this year. After having it for about a month, I saw this thread and felt like I had been completely suckered into buying the laser, despite the fact that I really thought I was seeing some results. Well, I kept at it and I can say that it really does work for me.

I’m in my mid 30s. My skin has always been acne prone, and even when I haven’t had “active” breakouts or my skin has been “good”, it’s always changed during my cycle (oily, pores look bigger, texture just seems off). Those unwanted cyclical changes have completely stopped since I started using lyma. I also don’t breakout anymore, and if a pimple does try to sneak out, a few concentrated minutes with the Lyma stops it in its tracks and it’s gone in 12 hours. I have no marks left from acne, my skin is just brighter. It was always dull before with red marks. I can’t explain it, but it just has this bright evenness to it now.
These changes took time. However, if I had any doubt that the Lyma laser was responsible for the changes, those challenges were put to rest over the last month. I stopped using the laser for almost 4 weeks because of a surgery. My skin became unbalanced (dry, flakey and oily and little breakouts) and the texture started to become less smooth. It was basically reverting to my pre Lyma days. I realized that I hadn’t dealt with those issues in months. Within a few days of going back to my Lyma regimen, my skin went back to looking and feeling good.
Fine lines aren’t a huge concern for me, so I can’t comment too much, but I do feel that my deeper foreheads lines seem softened. I don’t have any redness anymore. My lips look smoother and a touch fuller. The best part is that I don’t feel the need for any tinted moisturizer or makeup on a daily basis. A touch of concealer around my nose and my eyes and I’m good to go. I’ve never ever had that confidence before, even when my skin has been “good”. It’s just even and bright.
My skin hasn’t turned into porcelain, pore-less and wrinkle-less perfection. That’s not going to happen. It’s unrealistic to expect that. But the subtle changes have made a difference in my life.
If you have mild acne (I can’t speak to moderate or severe) or dryness or dullness, it’s worth a shot. I really do think that Lyma extending their trial period to 30 or 45 days would make a big difference and inspire more confidence in trying it out. 2 weeks just makes it seem hokey and like a scam.
ALSO, I rarely use the system (spray and serum). I was so concerned about it clogging my skin (everything would make me breakout) that I just didn’t use it much. And it works without it.
I hope this helps anyone thinking about trying, or at least inspires some confidence in anyone who has recently made the huge purchase.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
my skin is better than it has been in the past...5-7 years I'd say. due to this machine. I have a severe health issue, this is something I can do laying down. I stopped using the various creams they hawk with it and accoutrement in favor of just doing it on clean, often freshly exfoliated skin. I didn't see a drop off in effectiveness when I stopped using their extras. It's remodeled my skin in a certain sense...texturally. I have smoother skin all around. as someone with 'bad' pores lol...you know, genetically blessed with big ol pores...it's been wonderful. I have to do it VERY regularly. it's not for someone that won't actually use it obsessively especially in the beginning (in my opinion) because it took serious use to start seeing results and like 15 min DAILY at least for me...now, I just feel prettier. I would spend quite a bit more for a giant body sized one!!
Facetimesink

Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Let us know if you or your 3 Friends would consider reselling here! I also haven’t been on this site in forever, but I came on to see what this Lyma hype might be about.
Thanks!

peaprincess wrote:
Hello, gosh I havent posted here for years and years!

I specifically popped by to see if anyone was walking about Lyma laser. I'm interested in the experience of others as I actually bought this device in November. I've used it for 15mins PER SECTION of the face, for the 90 days, and...nothing. literally no results at all.

At £2000 I really wish I hadn't bought it but at the time I thought at that price it would HAVE to work (despite the only 'reviews' being editorials). It doesnt work. And there's no try it and see period. I contacted Lyma but their 'concierge' was unhelpful. Im cross with myself because I couldn't really afford the £2000. I've really learnt a hard lesson here.

I should also mention that the three women I've conversed with, who also bought it, have had the same experience.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using reaura laser by Phillips for many years now. See thread on it. I have been very faithful using it twice weekly for two months then resting a month.

Even at seventy years many people, including my family doctor ask about my secret to beautiful skin. In fact she took notes and is currently looking for one online as they are no longer made. Thank goodness my little workhorse device still works. Do not know what I will do when it expires, it was certainly worth the 1700us I paid so long ago.

You all seem to be diligent in use and that, combined with an effective device is the key. I think

It is easy to get bored with having scheduled treatments all the time. But so worth it!

I do know my replacement will not be the Lyma, and thank you for your reviews.
snookydoops
5% products discount

Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I bought the Lyma laser this week. I was surprised by how few reviews on here there are and they seem mixed - now unsure if I should keep beyond the 14 days or continue.

If not Lyma, what would be good for healing scar tissue, enlarged pores, thread veins?

Thanks
NamelessOne

Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is an older thread but I've had the Lyma Laser since March 2021. It has really helped my skin as far as acne and type 2 rosacea. It also fades PIE marks (thank you hormonal acne) a lot faster. Overall, my skin looks a lot better. A derm I recently started seeing actually told me that my skin tone and texture is really good and that I could be a skin model, which kind of shocked me (as I'm so used to having red splotchy skin) but it was definitely nice to hear lol. Plus my mom (one of the few people I'll see without makeup) has also remarked on my skin. She sees me often so I think she would notice the changes. I also did use it after blepharoplasty surgery and my swelling and bruising went away pretty quickly. I think it would be helpful for scars. However if the issue is not structural (ie bone and fat) then the laser isn't going to do much. As far as pores, I'm not too sure. I have pores beside my nose that appear larger but I think that's due to clogging. I've been treating them with 5% mandelic acid.

I have been using the laser more sparingly over the last 6 months however (just using it a few times a week and taking breaks of a week or so here and there), as I've read that overuse of lllt therapy can cause an excess of free radicals that could potentially trigger apoptosis of the cells. And I can't be certain if it's just them, but I've come across a few people claiming fat loss from using the laser. I have spoken to the company about this a few times, bringing up NIR therapy used for body contouring, as well as any other info I've gathered. They have been very responsive and have also posted an article on their website regarding fat loss, which I hope is correct.
I have had natural volume loss, since before I started the laser, and it has gotten more noticeable within the last two years. But I've also dealt with very high stress levels, and fluctuating hormones. I'm also nearing 40 (in a few years) so volume loss is expected. Plus, and not to diminish anyone's experience or say that nobody has ever experienced facial fat from certain technologies, but I think a chunk of the claims online are from people who are simply going through the natural ageing process (especially those who are going through, or post menopause. The volume loss during those stages can be significant and can appear to happen "suddenly" as pro will claim), or those who have body dysmorphia. I've seen serveral "before and after" photos from people who have said they had "severe fat loss in the face" after using certain devices or getting in office treatments and literally could NOT tell any difference. One lady on reddit was claiming she looked 10 years older after using microcurrent. She definitely did not and even though people were telling her she looked the same she kept arguing with them. Saying it might not be noticeable to them but she KNEW she looked older and had lost volume. I think one person said they saw a subtle change and that her jaw line looked more sculpted, but the before and after photos she shared were using different angles and lighting so it was hard to tell. And I mean, I can make my face look quite different depending on these factors. So yeah I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE but I'm wary about anecdotal accounts.
NamelessOne

Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is an older thread but I've had the Lyma Laser since March 2021. It has really helped my skin as far as acne and type 2 rosacea. It also fades PIE marks (thank you hormonal acne) a lot faster. Overall, my skin looks a lot better. A derm I recently started seeing actually told me that my skin tone and texture is really good and that I could be a skin model, which kind of shocked me (as I'm so used to having red splotchy skin) but it was definitely nice to hear lol. Plus my mom (one of the few people I'll see without makeup) has also remarked on my skin. She sees me often so I think she would notice the changes. I also did use it after blepharoplasty surgery and my swelling and bruising went away pretty quickly. I think it would be helpful for scars. However if the issue is not structural (ie bone and fat) then the laser isn't going to do much. As far as pores, I'm not too sure. I have pores beside my nose that appear larger but I think that's due to clogging. I've been treating them with 5% mandelic acid.

I have been using the laser more sparingly over the last 6 months however (just using it a few times a week and taking breaks of a week or so here and there), as I've read that overuse of lllt therapy can cause an excess of free radicals that could potentially trigger apoptosis of the cells. And I can't be certain if it's just them, but I've come across a few people claiming fat loss from using the laser. I have spoken to the company about this a few times, bringing up NIR therapy used for body contouring, as well as any other info I've gathered. They have been very responsive and have also posted an article on their website regarding fat loss, which I hope is correct.
I have had natural volume loss, since before I started the laser, and it has gotten more noticeable within the last two years. But I've also dealt with very high stress levels, and fluctuating hormones. I'm also nearing 40 (in a few years) so volume loss is expected. Plus, and not to diminish anyone's experience or say that nobody has ever experienced facial fat from certain technologies, but I think a chunk of the claims online are from people who are simply going through the natural ageing process (especially those who are going through, or post menopause. The volume loss during those stages can be significant and can appear to happen "suddenly" as pro will claim), or those who have body dysmorphia. I've seen serveral "before and after" photos from people who have said they had "severe fat loss in the face" after using certain devices or getting in office treatments and literally could NOT tell any difference. One lady on reddit was claiming she looked 10 years older after using microcurrent. She definitely did not and even though people were telling her she looked the same she kept arguing with them. Saying it might not be noticeable to them but she KNEW she looked older and had lost volume. I think one person said they saw a subtle change and that her jaw line looked more sculpted, but the before and after photos she shared were using different angles and lighting so it was hard to tell. And I mean, I can make my face look quite different depending on these factors. So yeah I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE but I'm wary about anecdotal accounts.
snookydoops
5% products discount

Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Lyma laser in September, for some surgery scars, expecting it not to work but hoping it would. I have used it only 2-3 times a week and haven't noticed an improvement yet. I think rather than doing an hour, I'll go to daily for 15 minutes and see what, if any, results this brings.

Will feed back in a few months. If it doesn't work for my scars (and an aesthetician suggested surgery was the way to correct) then I'll probably sell it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Any updates with use?
Ive been back and forth thinking about it and still using my Baby Q, which I have had since around 2005.
I know the Lyma is pricey so its hard to pull the trigger on it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I am also wondering if there are any updates.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |