Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Tend Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Tend Skin Lotion! Very Happy It is a must for anyone who struggles with ingrowns.
I use it after I get a bikini wax and if I see an ingrown forming, I just dip a q-tip in the bottle and then apply it to the ingrown and usually by the next day, it's on its way out. It's truly a miracle product. A bottle will also last you forever as you only need a very small amount.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love this too, but wish it didn't have that strong vinegar smell.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, Tend Skin is great! And I must also add that the Tend Skin deodorant is really good as well (plus it seriously lasts FOR EVER!). For some reason I have problems with ingrowns mainly under arms (from waxing) but not on other areas. I used to use the lotion but it was troublesome to apply so I switched to mainly the deo and the lotion every so often.

Mabsy
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
Just a FYI-

You can make your own Tend Skin.. just go to MUA.com and they have the recipie to make it yourself. It's easy and quick.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Hey freckles127,

I did try it a while back and never even got half way through my "home made solution". I have to say that I didn't find it to be as effective as Tend Skin plus I *hated* the little floaty flakes of asprin in the solution (the two issues may somehow be connected for me Smile). I also found that the asprin settled at the bottom. It just looked really gross! I have read reviews of the "home made" version on newsgroups and it seems to be hit and miss. Some ppl love it and some find it doesn't do anything for them. Have you tried it? What did you think?

Mabsy

Quote:
Originally posted by freckles127
Hello,
Just a FYI-

You can make your own Tend Skin.. just go to MUA.com and they have the recipie to make it yourself. It's easy and quick.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

Yes, I made the homemade version and it seems to work fine. I don't see any flakes of the asprin in my bottle. Perhaps you should grind the asprin a bit finer next time. What I did was take a pin roller (for baking) and just run it over the bag with the asprin in it. It became a fine powder and is invisible in the solution.

Also, you can try shaking your bottle before you use it, hope that helps you out.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips! I actually just bought non-coated asprin and dissolved it in the alcohol. After using it for a few weeks I got too frustrated with it (asprin kept clogging up the spray pump - I've thought that one through well! LOL) and I tipped out the whole thing. I then discovered Tend Skin deodorant and I'm sticking to it for now Smile
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
been wanting to order this for a while.. does it ssting or anythig?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
been wanting to order this for a while.. does it ssting or anythig?

I tried this many many years ago and didnt like it. I dont recall it actually stinging..I could have put up with that but because I have really course,dark hair it just didnt seem to help the problem.
HTHS:)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I have used tend skin and it was great. Then I ran out of it and went to Sephora to get some before my trip to Playa in Mexico and they were out of it.
The gentleman there recommended Shave Work's The Cool Fix. So much better and it is minty and it does cool!
I bought one for my son and daughter-in-law and DH for stocking stuffer's.
I did a review on the forum a month or so on it.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=489011&highlight=shave+works+cool+fix#489011

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I love TendSkin, too. I really struggled with ingrown hairs and irritation before finding this, and it helped tremendously!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the input ill put it in my next order
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |