Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Any product or DIY recipes to remove old acne scars?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Girls,

Sorry for posting so often but as you can see I've been obsessing over my skin lately. Anyway, does anyone know of a good product or DIY recipe to help minimize old acne scars? Pray

TIA,
Anna

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hasuchka Rejuvenating face mask is good at minimizing old acne scars.
Also try adding some Lavender Essential oil to some Jojoba oil and applying after you have cleansed and toned this works for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
are those red marks after a pimple has left permanent?
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Someone please, please say NO Sad

Acne scars are a big concern for me. I find that as I get older it is harder to get rid of them. In my teens it took only 5-7 days for them to disappear completely, now my skin is a lot less resilient.

I read on MUA that the only way to get rid of them is microdermabrasion but I can't go that route coz I'm prone to broken capillaries. I've seen some fading from consistent use of a Vit C topical, oil cleanser, Dermalogica Microfoliant, Dr. H Rejuv Mask and the aspirin mask. I hear the ACV toner helps too. What I'm sure about is that UV exposure repigments the scars so regular use of sunscreen is very important. I did a bit of research on this issue a while back, I'll try to find my notes and post again later.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:20 am      Reply with quote
tynkerbell wrote:

i hope thtas a NO also Crying or Very sad
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Yea I sure hope they are NOT permanent b/c they are not welcomed on my face! Laughing

See, now I'm a bit confused. I noticed that a lot of people use Dermatologica's Microfoliant. Would that be too much exfoliation (after using homemade cleansing cream, acv toner and OCM?) Also, if you already do the Aspirin mask, is Dr. H's mask really necessary? Confused

Thanks,
Anna

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anna Smile I find that I need multiple products (an arsenal, as Carekate would say) to address my congestion, maybe I am more congested than most people Laughing Could also be because my sensitivity prevents me from using AHAs for daily exfoliation.

The Microfoliant sloughs off the surface of the skin, and the aspirin mask exfoliates *inside* the pores. I have used the Dr. H CC after an aspirin mask successfully, theres more info about that here -

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=69224#69224

Everyone's skin is different so the number of exfoliators you can safely and effectively use depends on how well your skin can tolerate them. HTH

5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
tynkerbell wrote:

They're not permanent, but they take a long time to fade. I am finding, though, that vit c, an aspirin mask mixed with yogurt everyday, Carekate's ACV toner, and Dr H's cleansing cream are helping to fade them faster.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Urgh, I think in my case the very first step to fade acne scars is... to remember where I put the research notes that list possible remedies Laughing

From what I recall, the following have been mentioned as effective at other forums: azeleic acid, MaMa lotion, Neutrogena Acne Mark Peel, rose hip oil, Vit E oil. I've tried the Neutrogena AMP which I found to be less effective than the aspirin mask (hate the smell too). My Vit C serum has Vit E in it as well so I can't isolate its individual effect. I've considered trying the rosehip oil but its hard to find locally and I heard people had breakouts from it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
I had spot scars that would take literally months to heal (they left a darkish spot) but in these past few years, I started using better skin care, exfoliated more often and eating more nutritious food and they take no more than 2 weeks to fade away completely.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
tynkerbell wrote:
To fade old red marks from previous breakouts, try the aspirin mask. It was my experience that lessened the appearance of those marks after the first time I used it!

5% products discount

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
(jumping on the band wagon here)

im also looking for a cure..

ive heard alot of good review about the Daily Microfoliant and tempted to try, im using decleor prolagene and ive used it twice a day since Sept 05 and still waiting for improvement... (it smells...)the assistant said it takes 90 days to see a change!!!

how quickly have people seen results with the DM??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
purple princess wrote:
ive heard alot of good review about the Daily Microfoliant and tempted to try, im using decleor prolagene and ive used it twice a day since Sept 05 and still waiting for improvement...
how quickly have people seen results with the DM??
I used the DM for nearly 11 months, but I don’t remember it giving me any immediate “Wow” results. I recently stopped using the DM altogether since I found that I get my “Wow” from my homemade DHSBSSFM instead. In fact, I’m actually toying with the idea of listing my DM for swap on MUA...I bought the container at the end of November last year and it’s still nearly ½ full.

purple princess wrote:
im using decleor prolagene and ive used it twice a day since Sept 05 and still waiting for improvement..
Hmmm, I consider myself to be a Decleor-phile, but I haven’t heard of that particular product. What’s it supposed to do? Think

5% products discount

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
hi carekate

Decleor prolagene is meant to help skim improvements, heal scars etc.

the blurb from the decleor site
"PROLAGENE, a complete skincare treatment, is essential in helping to smooth skin imperfections both natural and accidental. This exclusive Decléor gel:
• helps revitalize the support structure of the skin,
• helps accelerate the skin’s renewal process,
• diminishes unsightly marks."

i use this am and pm, and its meant to take 90 days for results, im still waiting...

its hard to see the results as i keep getting more spots ontop of the existing marks, so its catch 22, do i treat the spots or treat the scars?!?arghhhh

spots - what is the point in them? they just cause us loads of grief..

i never understand why i get them, if i hear anyone else say "drink more water, eat fuit, dont eat chocholate" i shall scream at them.. i dont drink/smoke/ drink loads of water etc.

my skin has gone through a bad patch all summer (really oily and spots on the chin/jawline) i gave up with the minerals makeup and now use EL Doublewear (bone-im superpale!!), skincare is a mix of decleor and dermalogica (have found their medicated clearing gel for spots which seems to work, havent found a cure for the oilyness though...temped to try vit c)

sorry for the long post!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I started using AlphaDermaCE approximately a year and a half ago. It was purchased as an anti-aging cream in my case. When I was a child I was in a sledding accident and left with a scar above my lip. In no way I bought ADCE to remove the scar. In fact, I never even read about the ingredients in AlphaDermaCE that helped with scars and stretch marks (on Janson-Beckett website). After a few months usage of ADCE I noted that nasty scar was barely visable. Today, I can only see a tad of the scar when using my magnifying mirror. AlphaDermaCE has an entry level bottle that might be worth giving a try on a scar.

My daughter several years ago had a series of microdermabrasion sessions. After several appointments her old acne scars looked far less visable.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |