Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
My homemade DR H CC is so "sharp" normal?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SpicyHot
5% products discount

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I am pretty sure I blended the almonds quite well into powder form, however when I add water and apply it to my face, I feel little sharp almond bits. So they actually scrub my face, is that normal? As well I was wondering how is it possible to add 1-3 teaspoons of oil and 1/2 teaspon of witch to make a thick paste from the almond meal? I grounded 150 almonds and followed the instructions, however I added like 3 times the oil before I actually got a paste. Normal as well?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Spicy Hot,

After you have ground the raw almonds into meal ... you should grind a little longer in order to release the oil that's naturally in the almonds.

Once I've taken it as far as my coffee grinder can take it, I put the oily meal into a glass bowl and use a shot glass [because I don't have a mortar and pestle] Laughing and press the meal for a little longer, releasing as much of the "natural" oil as I can.

At that point I add some witch hazel.

There will still be "bits" of almond in this paste ... but you don't "scrub" with it. You smooth the mixture onto your face and then use a pressing action, rolling your fingers off of one spot ... and then pressing and rolling at the next spot.

Someone on here suggested that the action is very much like how they take finger prints ... the same press and roll.

There are some detailed directions for using DHCC on their site ... and I saved them ... which I am putting here:

Quote:

How It Works

The active ingredients are almond oil and the grated almond kernel itself (almond meal). The meal, when mixed with water forms an emulsion (oil and water) which binds with the oil and perspiration on the skin. The impurities are lifted out of the pores by the pressing and rolling movement, they bind with the almond emulsion and are then washed off the skin with water.

Hints and Tips

Cleansing Cream has grains of nut in it but it is NOT an exfoliant, and you must not scrub with the product. Scrubbing only tears off skin cells that may not yet be ready to come off, thus encouraging sensitivity and other adverse reactions. The Cleansing Cream encourages the skin cells to slough off more effectively, so your skin still glows and looks healthy without needing to rub. Enjoy the rhythmical pressing and lifting movement!
Use plenty of warm water to make sure it is properly rinsed off. Why not add Lemon Bath to the water in the morning and Lavender Bath in the evening to uplift or relax you

Be careful when using the product around the eyes. If you are wearing quite a lot of make-up around your eyes, then use a little Cleansing Milk on damp cotton wool to remove it first.

If you have problem skin with open spots, then it is probably a good idea to invest in a pack of muslin nappies (available from Mothercare or Boots). Cut these in half, and use a clean one every time you wash your face. Muslin is a natural exfoliant itself, and it would prevent cross-infection caused by re-using the same flannel. The muslins can be washed in a hot wash to kill all bacteria.

I hope this helps.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use regular Dr. H cleansing cream and I can assure you that it is not sharp! You should definitely grind them down more so that you don't cut your face. Maybe try out a sample of the 'real thing'so that you have an idea of the desired consistency.
SpicyHot
5% products discount

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't even scrubbing with the cream, I was too scared that it might damage my face. I felt the sharp little bits just from smoothing it on to my face alone. But thanks for the tips, maybe my next batch will be better.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
SpicyHot you are not alone....mine was the same way! And I ground those puppies down hard!! Apparently not hard enough(even after the coffee grinder). hp gave some good advice tho and I will try the bowl and shot glass technique and see what happens....glad you brought this up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
When I make it my almonds are not a powder so much as a paste, the almonds need to be pulverized. I just use a coffee grinder and use only a small amount at a time to get it to the right consistency. I find the coffee grinder does the trick, no need to pestle and mortar it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
When making Dr. H Cleanser I also find the coffee grinder does the best job. When I first started making it I used my blender and also found it to be too coarse for my face. The coffee grinder lets you get it to a nice paste consistency. It has been some time since I have used Dr. H but found this worked best for me.
SpicyHot
5% products discount

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
funny thing is, I already do use a coffee grinder. However I put like 25 almonds in at once because my grinder has a big grind cup. Ill try 10 at a time next time.
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I used a mini food processor and I think the consistency is pretty good. I hope they are grinded enough. Have not used it yet.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |