Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Orlane B21 Extreme Line Reducing Extract
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to share my two cents on this product for a while now.

Orlane's B21 Extreme Line Reducing Extract is hands down, the most effective product I have ever used-far more effective than my (very rare) splurges on Shiseido, Thalgo or even La Prairie.This isn't really an "extract"-the texture is a lotion, almost a lightweight cream. It is quite rich for the texture, and although not heavy, it stayed too moist for my skin type.I used it around my eyes, even though I used the face version (the eye version wasn't available at the time). Like most Orlane products, it is very heavily fragranced and the scent lingers for a while on the skin. Not for people who dislike fragrance, that's for sure.

The product is supposed to contain cytokines that act as repair receptors- or something like that- you can read the description here
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/orlane-extreme-line-reduc-p_1034.htm
It stung a little when I got it too close to my eyes, but I am not sure whether or not it was the fragrance, the cytokine or another ingredient that did that.

Within three meager days, I saw a huge improvement in the fine lines around my eyes-they were practically gone! I was skeptical but this one really delivered, even on the stubborn wrinkles on my cheek (from years of wearing eyeglasses).
But I was most impressesd with the improvement on the crepiness under my eye. Lately, the skin under my eye seems to be loosing it's elasticity- like there is too much skin for the area and needs to be "shrunk". This product corrected that so beautifully without an artifical, "tightening" feel when I wore it.
Overall, I noticed a more "rested" look to the skin around my eyes and face when I used it. There was a huge improvement in the radiance and glow on my face.

Alas, the product is insanely expensive ($220.00 for one ounce), but I guess Orlane isn't worried about approachable prices. I haven't bought it since, and, unfortunately, within a few weeks my skin returned to the original condition.....
I would but it again if I had more money to spend and then just scrimp on other stuff to balance out. Or, if I had a big thing coming up (job interview, wedding) because the results on me were literally within days so you do not need to wait months to see a difference.

The ingredients are not that impressive but I think cytokines are a way of formulating the product, not an actual ingredient. I will let our chemists-in-training decide...............
Ingredients:
Water, Isohexadecane, Sorbitan Stearate, Glycerin, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Pea Extract, Soybean Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Mica, Hydrolyzed Casein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Sucrose Cocoate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Arginine, Ethylparaben, Proline, PCA, Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables, Rose Hips Oil, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Glycogen, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lysine HCL, Sodium Hyaluronate

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Orlane Extreme Line-Reducing Extract (30 ml / 1.0 oz.)
Orlane Extreme Line-Reducing Extract (30 ml / 1.0 oz.)

A tiny cut, a scratch, and, very quickly, the skin heals and its original texture is restored. This is the confirmation in advanced biological studies that the skin has a “memory”. It remembers and gives “orders” to its cells, helping the epidermis to rebuild itself and regain its former appearance.
It contains remarkable agents called cytokines that behave like “mediators” in intercellular communication. They direct the process by which damaged or weakened skin can regain a state of balance and youthfulness: they transmit skin “memory

Mabsy

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you product_junkie - the results sound very impressive! I have some samples of Orlane so I'll have to have a look to see if this is one of them. Might be very good for my mum to try and see what results she gets. Thanks Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Ive got terrible creppiness under my eyes, crows feet and two deep frown lines. My under eye area also seems very saggy too. I am using alphaderma, vit c serum and epidermx microbrasion a couple of times a week. I really need an eye cream and seperate face cream that will rid me of this crepiness/wrinkles and sagginess. Someone else suggested using a retin A which i keep looking at. Would i be best to do something like this

Mornings
Skin Prep
Vit C
Alphaderma (alot of people have said on EDS that this has got rid of frown lines - mine are still here. What am i doing wrong??)
Then eye and face cream for wrinkles and firiming

Nights
Retin A or same kind ofproduct
What about a night time moisturiser or something
A couple of times a week use the Epidermx microbrasion followed by Camelia Oil

Im really so desperate to make my skin better. Im only 37 and yet look soooooooo much older

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |