Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Whole Foods
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
We do not have a Whole Foods in my city, so I am unable to get alot of items listed in these posts. I am going out of town this weekend, and there will be a Whole Foods store there. Can anyone recommend items to purchase. I know I want to look for the Source Naturals HA pills, cold pressed Castor oil, and EVOO, maybe some Jojoba oil, but what else??? Thanks! Chrissie

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have anything to add to your list, but I wanted to let you know that "Whole Foods" isn't the only place to find a lot of these items. I'd suggest taking a look at any health food store you have nearby and you might be surprised at what you find!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Also, Chrissie, Whole Foods really marks up their prices. For things like HA supplements and jojoba oil I would look online. Many times when you order online even after shipping costs its less expensive than Whole Foods (for supplements I buy from vitacost.com (I don't know if they have HA supps though) and a few other things like body wash and lotion. They also charge a flat rate shipping fee no matter how much you buy. I also buy my essential oils and carrier oils from mountainroseherbs.com and naturesgift.com.)

And you can buy your EVOO at your grocery store. The brand "Star" is cold pressed (that's what I bought this last time).

Of course, if you can't wait for something to ship out and don't mind spending more money on something then Whole Foods (and other health food stores) come in handy.

HTH Smile

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
If the stuff you're looking for isn't available where you are, especially if you live in the U.S., it is available on the internet. Just google each product and you'll find plenty of sources - all of them probably with better prices than Whole Foods.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
WOW, I thought Whole Foods would be the way to go...and was bummed everytime someone mentioned they got their oils, HA, etc from there...I thought I was missing out on something, but I guess I'm not.. thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I love my whole foods...I agree with the other posts that you can find all of those items at other stores but Whole Foods has a great skin care selection. It is still a nice place to check out!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I only buy my stuff from Whole Foods if its an item that I absolutely must have right this very minute because I can’t bear to wait 3 days for it to arrive in the mail!! They do mark up their items quite a bit, though.

If you’re only interested in buying one or two essential oils, it’s probably more cost effective to get it from Whole Foods, but if you plan on starting a collection I’d order fromwww.thepersonalformulator.com and/orwww.aroma-pure.com. Note that the Personal Formulator charges a flat shipping rate of $8USD so I only order when I have a hefty shopping list to make it worth the money!

If you only want to TRY out the HA/collagen supplements for the first time, then it’s probably easier to get them from Whole Foods (which you can then return if they don’t work for you) but if you’re needing to get “refills,” thenwww.vitacost.com orwww.iHerb.com (my personal choice!)

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |