Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr.H CC home made carekate receipe...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
ok, it made my skin very irritated and very red.../quote
Recipe for homemade version of Dr. Hauschka’s Cleansing Cream:

What you'll need:

• Fresh, whole almonds
• Coffee grinder, blender or food processor (to make almond meal)
• Small, airtight container
• Oil of your choice (grapeseed, olive, jojoba, castor, sweet almond, etc)
• Witch hazel (alcohol-free, if you can find it!)
• Ylang Ylang essential oil (optional)
• Lysorbic acid (aka: Vitamin C) powder or crystals QUote/

I basically chose, as an oil of my choice:
Castor...I did exactly what was given as instruction, yet it didnt workout very well. Now what i want to know is...is there anything i should remove from the receipe list? is there any modifications on this list or on the procedure?
what is best for oily skin, yet very dry after cleansing with soap...anyways, I hope i hear from u guys soon, also thanx to everyone who took the time to reply and give me some advice for the past few months, u guys rock! Very Happy
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
oooo, kill the castor!! That could be what is irritating you. Also, nix the Vit. C. If you are using Castor and Witch Hazel with alcohol then it could be too much for you skin!. Try EVOO or jojoba. Both work well with oily skin.

Actually, I've been lazy and bought organic almond butter (raw and creamy). I've been using that after the OCM and my skin seems to like it. I was adding the ingredients to the butter, but now I'm just using the stuff out of the jar and it works just as well for me. I put on my HH Vit Serum and a little Jojoba oil and my face feels great. It took awhile to find something that worked for me and it may take you awhile too.

Just remember not to 'scrub' the HH Dr. H CC!!! The almonds can damage the skin. You want to press,roll, and lift your fingers. The best description I believe was 'like being finger printed.'

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
do you keep this is the refrig???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
As I live in the UK I keep mine on the bathroom shelf, it is a little bit cold here at the moment Laughing , I make just enough to last me 2-3 weeks.

I prefer to use Grapeseed Oil and like to add a little Kaolin Clay and some Witch Hazel.
It smells particularly good with Tea Tree Oil and Lemon Oil.
I do have Oily skin with large pores and modified Carekates recipe to suit my skin type.
After a lot of playing around I found that this concoction works best for me Very Happy

I did try using Castor Oil but for some reason it left my skin feeling very tight afterwards.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
At first, I bought the almond butter in the bulk section of Whole Foods that came out very chunky and went home and ground it up smaller in my mortar and pestle. But now I use creamy almond butter and I like it a lot better b/c I couldn't get the almonds ground down fine enough.

Anyway, you shouldn't need to add extra oil as there should be enough from the ground almonds.

After playing around here is what I have found to work the best for me:

(listed in the order I add ingredients)
-almonds (of course)
-ylang-ylang EO
-geranium EO
-rosemary EO
-naouli EO
-vit C powder
-witch hazel
-gse

it forms into a paste. Sometimes I use lemon or a little bit of german cammomile. when I make it I mix up about 2 weeks worth and I keep out about a weeks worth and store the rest in the frig.

I use it in the AM and then again in the PM after OCM. (btw, loving the OCM!)

And deanne123 is right- don't scrub! That would definitely make your skin red and inflamed.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
At first, I bought the almond butter in the bulk section of Whole Foods that came out very chunky and went home and ground it up smaller in my mortar and pestle. But now I use creamy almond butter and I like it a lot better b/c I couldn't get the almonds ground down fine enough.
I had stopped using DHCC for a few months mostly because grinding the almonds *was* a pain in the ass! Embarassed Where do I find almond butter? I’m sure I can get it at Whole Foods or a “gourmet” supermarket, but what I mean is which aisle/section of the store should I be looking in (i.e.: dairy case, baking goods aisle, bulk nuts/grains bins)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
amnis wrote:
I had stopped using DHCC for a few months mostly because grinding the almonds *was* a pain in the ass! Embarassed Where do I find almond butter? I’m sure I can get it at Whole Foods or a “gourmet” supermarket, but what I mean is which aisle/section of the store should I be looking in (i.e.: dairy case, baking goods aisle, bulk nuts/grains bins)?

I found it in the peanut butter section in our health food store.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I think I must be one of the lucky ones, in the supermarkets over here you can buy bags of already ground almonds in the bakery section, that is why I add a little oil as they have a dry consistency.
I have never heard of almond butter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I think I must be one of the lucky ones, in the supermarkets over here you can buy bags of already ground almonds in the bakery section, that is why I add a little oil as they have a dry consistency.
I have never heard of almond butter.

I had not heard of Almond butter either...it is packaged just like peanut butter...Almond butter looks more greasy in the jar and its more beige in color than the brown peanut butter...but other than that it looks the same..creamy, etc. I wonder what it tastes like on bread..........hummmmmmmmm hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I found mine under the 'Organic' section at the supermarket. It was with the 'organic' peanut butter. We have a hippy community near us and most of the stores here stock more of the organic stuff than I've seen at say, Ralphs or Safeway back home.

I did taste it. Not bad, but I still prefer my Peter Pan or Jiffy packed full of preservatives and sugar! Very Happy

I'll keep the organic stuff for my face care. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, look where the peanut butter is. Carekate- do you have a Trader Joe's (LOVE this store) in Texas? That's where I got mine and it was a little less expensive than WF (Whole Foods). But WF definitely has it.

Rosebud- you should try finding some almond butter or try grinding some almonds. You may not be getting all of the benefits from the them when you just buy the already ground ones... Think

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
allright, I found almond butter, im good to go...now what is the best mix with that,my skin is red, specially on the nose and cheeks area, so a good mix that can reduce blemishes would be great!
thnx again for ur replies Very Happy !!
cush
5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud,
Would you mind posting your specific recipe for this. I am using the store bought version right now but would like to make my own the next time around and I think my skin is similar to yours. I am not at all familiar with eo's or doing it myself, so a specific "diy for dummies" method would be helpful. No hurry, just whenever, if you are willing.
Thank you.
Linda

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |