Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review :: Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Jadeeyes

Sun May 16, 2004 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is an Amazing product if you have sensitive/acne prone skin, blackheads, white heads, acne scars, e.t.c.
It is very strong, and if you are not used to AHA and BHA, please start slowly. Once per day should be enough until your skin gets adjusted to it.
I have tried so many products before and nothing worked like this one. It has glycolic, salicylic Acid- 2%, and azelaic acid which has lightening properties.
I absolutely love this product. It sinks in almost immediately,( it might sting a bit after the first few applications) and it leaves my skin looking so clean, smooth, and healthy. Great buy- a little goes a long way!!

J
chingching
5% products discount

Sun May 16, 2004 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this product for about 2 months. Before this, I used to have a few pimples/ acnes kind of continously and of course especially serious before periods. I used Dr Dennis Gross home peel before trying the Jan Marini bioclear lotion, Dr Dennis Gross home peel did deliver some results. My skin is more radiant and smooth, my acne problem a little improved but the JM bioclear lotion certainly works better on the acne side. Since using it, I have much fewer pimples and if they do appear, are much smaller in size. I like it very much and am using it once daily at night. I am also the JM bioglycolic cleanser.

BTW I got a Bioglycolic lotion 30ml with my previous order. I think this one does not contain BHA so I assume may not be as good as the bioclear lotion for people with acne problems? Can someone advise on this?
Mabsy

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking for a review to add to so I'll add to this because while the JM Bioclear Bioglycolic is now my fave AHA/BHA combo product, the packaging sucks!!

Overall, this product makes my skin smooth and even toned. My latest "discovery" with it is discussed here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20736 so I won't repeat myself but I will have a bit of a rant about those pump bottles.

This is the THIRD of THREE bottles now that has its pump break on me and stop pumping out the product completely. You can press that pump till you get RSI and not a drop will come out. Mad They have such a good product, you'd think they would investigate the packaging issues. This must be a common complaint, I just saw joani.sp mention the same problem on another thread. I had one pump fail on me in the first few days of use, the others gave up half way through and one maybe 3/4 through the bottle. Not happy Jan!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I was a JM addict for a time. Used just about everything from in the Bioglycolic line and some products from her other lines. The Bioclear is great and potent. I also loved her sunscreen. It was great on my oily skin.
I stopped using her products for a few reasons; I was trying to cut down on the amount of acids and products in general and as Mabsy mentioned the pump caps on her products truly suck. Every bottle with a pump that I purchased stopped pumping (with tons of product left in the bottle).
I even wrote to them, but they did not answer so that was that. The products are too expensive to have such terrible packaging!
But if your skin can tolerate the Bioglycolic line, I still think it is a terrific product.
(The only product I found disappointing in the Bio line was the Lightening Gel).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just received my Bioclear cream this week, the first two night when i applied the cream, it really give a biting and stinging sensation. but this morning, when i woke up, i notice the pores on my smaller and brighter complexion.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I've been looking for a review to add to so I'll add to this because while the JM Bioclear Bioglycolic is now my fave AHA/BHA combo product, the packaging sucks!!

Overall, this product makes my skin smooth and even toned. My latest "discovery" with it is discussed here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20736 so I won't repeat myself but I will have a bit of a rant about those pump bottles.

This is the THIRD of THREE bottles now that has its pump break on me and stop pumping out the product completely. You can press that pump till you get RSI and not a drop will come out. Mad They have such a good product, you'd think they would investigate the packaging issues. This must be a common complaint, I just saw joani.sp mention the same problem on another thread. I had one pump fail on me in the first few days of use, the others gave up half way through and one maybe 3/4 through the bottle. Not happy Jan!

Mabsy, have you ever written to Jan Marini's company to see if they would send you a new pump?
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
After reading more reviews on this at MUA it seems like the pump issue is a very frequent problem, so frequent that I think it reflects extremely poorly on the company.
I want to try the Bioclear really bad but this company has rubbed me the wrong way. Too cheap and/or lazy to correct a simple packaging issue and too shifty to be honest and forthright about why the FDA made them change their lash serum.
What to do? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
having now met Jan, I can say that she is super super focused on the product result. As a result she gets in lots of tiffs with other companies and probably neglects the packaging side -- frankly it doesn't look so good either. But I do have to say she is pretty much fanatical about getting the ingredients she wants. My guess would be with the age intervention eyelash is that allergan threatened suit and part of whatever deal they worked out was privacy. So the company may not have been able to fully explain what went down. I do know that the beef was really not with the FDA, it was allergan, which brought a complaint to the FDA.
so although it seems a bit shady I do think she's just trying to get her hands on the best technology available.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
waffle, can you share with us how you met her? I don't know about the lash thing, but I do feel that not addressing the packaging is a very negative public relations issue. Especially in light of clients like me writing directly to the company and receiving no response.
And yes, the graphics truly need an update (speaking as a graphic designer...)

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Mabsy, have you ever written to Jan Marini's company to see if they would send you a new pump?

Yes, I did actually. They didn't respond at first but not being one to give up they did eventually call me back. I have to add that they did send me a replacement (full product, not just pump) and I was really happy about this until the pump on this broke as well after a very short period of time. I decided not to go back and contact them again. I would still use their products though, I think that lotion is fabulous!

skinlover - I have tried that cream and I have to tell you that I was quite surprised at how much it stung! It's a good cream and I only had a sample but thought that the serum actually stung less.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review. Does anyone know how this compares with IS clinical serums?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:
waffle, can you share with us how you met her? I don't know about the lash thing, but I do feel that not addressing the packaging is a very negative public relations issue. Especially in light of clients like me writing directly to the company and receiving no response.
And yes, the graphics truly need an update (speaking as a graphic designer...)

her husband is an old friend of my aunt's. I do agree that the packaging is lame, but since we've only made small talk I'm not really in the position yet to say, "pass the salmon, oh by the way Jan, your packaging really sucks." unfortunately. Laughing

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Thank you for the review. Does anyone know how this compares with IS clinical serums?

For me, this seems more effective or at the least the same. In fact while I liked the vitamin serums from ISC, I wasn't impresed with their Active Serum at all - not for that price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Good to know, Mabsy. Thanks.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Yes, I did actually. They didn't respond at first but not being one to give up they did eventually call me back. I have to add that they did send me a replacement (full product, not just pump) and I was really happy about this until the pump on this broke as well after a very short period of time. I decided not to go back and contact them again. I would still use their products though, I think that lotion is fabulous!

skinlover - I have tried that cream and I have to tell you that I was quite surprised at how much it stung! It's a good cream and I only had a sample but thought that the serum actually stung less.

Mabsy, ya it really stung my skin. but i love cream and it is really working well for me. i will try the serum after i have finished the cream. Smile
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I sell Jan Marini products and I agree with everything you all have said about the pump bottles. It's really ironic that we're talking about this now because just yesterday I called my rep and told her about the problem I was having with the pump bottles. The only pump bottle I haven't had trouble with is the Age Intervention Moisturizer. My rep told me that the problem is being addressed. In the meantime, I am sending my bottles back and they're supposed to replace them with more bottles. I think that I'm going to do away with pump bottle products and stay with the creams. I actually prefer the BioClear Cream to the lotion.

I really do believe that JM will address the problem. I'll let you all know what happens with this issue.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Patty,

Thanks for letting us know that. I really *do* hope they fix that issue because it seems to be ongoing for quite some time, which is a shame because their bioglycolic products are great! I liked the cream as well from what I remember but I think the texture of the serum is just better for me in this yucky hot & humid climate...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Bioclear. It was very potent for me. I couldn't use it more than 2x a week. With that amount, my skin exfoliated well. I have very sensitive skin and it was just too much for it.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, can i check with you gals, if i need to use a moisturiser after BioClear Cream.

have been using it twice a day for about 4 days and think it is drying my skin. Am i suppose to use the BioClear cream only at night ? what is the skincare regime to go together with the bioclear cream? TIA
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes, use a moisturizer. Ideally, after the BioClear, you would use the Factor-A which is a mild Retin-A product. Then use your moisturizer. The BioClear is drying and sometimes I use it only on my nose and chin as those are the areas where I have large pores. But most of the time I use it all over my face because it just seems to give my skin a "glow". BTW, last Fri at work, I went to the potty and looked at my face as I was washing my hands and thought that my undereye area looked so wrinkly and dry. I'd never used the C-Esta Cream, just the C-Esta Lotion and I swear to you, there was an immediate difference. The girls in the office even said they could see a difference. My rep and I had decided that because my skin is dry with an oily T-Zone that I needed the lotion. We were wrong, my skin needed the extra moisture with the C-Esta Cream. Anyway, I digressed. Get a good moisturizer to help with the dryness.

Hope this helped.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty, thank for the advise. The first few days i got the glow after using the BioClear Cream. But today my face look kinda darker, those area with scar also look abit darker than usual... seem like my skin is starting to peel.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Let it peel while continuing with the BioClear. But if the stinging sensation gets too uncomfortable, stop using it for a couple of days. Putting up with the dryness and peeling will be worth it in the end. But it is hard to walk around with a flaky face. I intentionally do the peeling/flaky face routine every couple of months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty, thanks Smile
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
You're very welcome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
so if blackheads were on nose were an issue could you use this instead of glycolic acid and/or madelic acid? Also can you use this product in combination with retin A?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |