Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone try the NEW ADVANCED Gowhite B1 teeth whitening?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
B1 is the lightest shade on the chart and this claims it can bring your teeth up to 10 shade lighter in 1 week. I've been using Daywhite Excel 9% peroxide for 2 weeks and it has worked pretty well for my top but the trays on bottom get too much saliva settled in there and it doesn't work as well. Since you can apply B1 to each individual tooth, it may work better for them. This has 6% I just got some from Ebay for $25 less than retail on Buy it Now. so we'll see. I'll give a review after a week if anyone is interested.

I think the lightening agent in the dentist's office is like 12% but also costs $300-$500 to do. so this is still considerably cheaper. The daily maint capsules seem like a waste of money. a good toothpaste would do just as well.
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the B1 formula and the daily.
I don't believe they lightened my teeth as much as crest whitestrips (which are cheaper by the way)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
This is my tooth whitening secret:

carekate wrote:
Though not technically a recipe, I thought it would be helpful to add the other clever, "alternative product solutions" we have discovered so that all of this info is grouped together in one place....

TOOTHWHITENING: Here is a cheap, yet super-effective alternative to "GoSmile," "Crest White Stripes" and other similar home tooth-whitening products:

WHAT IT IS:
Auro Ear (Wax Removal) Drops and/or GlyOxide oral hygiene product. Both of these products contain carbamide peroxide, the same active ingredient in both GoSmile and Crest White Strips which help whiten your teeth. The Auro Ear Drops contain a 6.5% percentage of carbamide peroxide (same strength as GoSmile), while GlyOxide contains a 10% percentage (just slightly less than the percentage contained in Crest White Strips). If you have ever used those Crest White Strips, you'll find that this technique is much more convenient than having to sit around with those strips on your teeth for an hour per day. Even if you have had your teeth professionally whitened by the dentist, you can use either the ear drops or Gly Oxide every day, once per day, to maintain your results.

HOW TO USE IT:
Brush teeth with desired toothpaste as normal, then spit and rinse your mouth and/or toothbrush. Squeeze 4-5 drops of either Auro ear drops of Gly Oxide onto toothbrush and brush teeth just like you would with toothpaste, concentrating on your "smile" teeth (the ones in your mouth that appear when you smile). Hold the mixture in your mouth for 1 1/2-2 minutes or as long as you can stand (don't worry, it doesn't taste bad!).

WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
There are several different brands of ear wax removal drops, including Auro and Murine. You will find these products in the eye/ear care section (with the Visine eye drops and contact lens solution items) at your local pharmacy or supermarket. Look for "Ear Wax Removal" drops and check the label for the active ingredient "6.5% Carbamide Peroxide" (note: you do NOT want to buy "Swimmer's Ear" products as they are most definitely not the same thing!). Gly Oxide will be located in the oral hygiene aisle of your supermarket or pharmacy, along with the toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash items.

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THAT THIS WILL WORK:
Click on these links to read "testimonials" and other helpful info from other forum members who have tried these products and experienced whiter, brighter teeth: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513&highlight=auro+ear+drops , http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6026&highlight=auro and http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5662&highlight=auro

Don't laugh -- it really works!! Even Darren was impressed:

pbsadhaka wrote:
I have been using the Auro Eardrops for whitening my teeth, as carrie suggested. And I wanted to give you all an update. I went to Eckerd Drugs & bought one of those boil & bite customizable mouthguards & have been using the drops in the mouth piece for about 2 weeks (not every day - I'm bad at routines). But anyway, I started out at 30 minutes twice a day, but for the last week have been leaving it on for 60 minutes twice a day. That's what was suggested on some dental whitening websites I went to.
Anyway, it works wonders! My teeth look like I had them zoomed. And all it cost was around $20. My teeth were not sensitive or anything. I think that the mouthpiece really made a difference b/c it kept the gel in contact with my teeth the whole time, without being diluted by saliva or getting swallowed. Well, anyway, there's my little tip. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I've used both the Auro Eash wash and the Gly-Oxide. I prefer the taste of the Auro, but there is something that doesn't sit right in my brain, about putting the Ear wash drops in my mouth. So, I use the Gly-Oxide on my toothbrush when I brush my teeth...the active ingredient is 10% carbamide peroxide and it does work. You can pick either up at Walmart for less than $5.00!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
"The Auro Ear Drops contain a 6.5% percentage of carbamide peroxide (same strength as GoSmile)"

Not true. The active is HYDROGEN peroxide not carbomide peroxide. Carbomide peroxide is known to be way more irritating.

From the website:
The GoSMILE formula is packed with super hi-tech, patented tooth brightening technology that sets it apart from other at-home whitening treatments. From the stay-fresh, vacuum-sealed ampoules, which keep the active ingredient (a six percent hydrogen peroxide solution) fresh and stable, to the innovative, soft brush applicator that lets you avoid sensitive spots and zero-in on areas that need extra whitening, GoSMILE has revolutionized at home tooth whitening.

BUT I'm not knocing it. I haven't tired the alternative yet. I've alredy ordered the Gosmile and will try it. I don't like using the trays because the boil-n-bite are not as good as a dentist's custom trays and too much saliva get s in the bottom tray. But that is just ME. Others may find it more effective and at better cost, it may be worth it to them. Very iteresting though. Ear Wax Removal Drops...Hmmm. I can't believe the discoveries made here. Example: HA supplements helping to plump lips. who would have thought??? Brilliant- just btilliant!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
"The Auro Ear Drops contain a 6.5% percentage of carbamide peroxide (same strength as GoSmile)"

Not true. The active is HYDROGEN peroxide not carbomide peroxide. Carbomide peroxide is known to be way more irritating.

From the website:
The GoSMILE formula is packed with super hi-tech, patented tooth brightening technology that sets it apart from other at-home whitening treatments. From the stay-fresh, vacuum-sealed ampoules, which keep the active ingredient (a six percent hydrogen peroxide solution) fresh and stable, to the innovative, soft brush applicator that lets you avoid sensitive spots and zero-in on areas that need extra whitening, GoSMILE has revolutionized at home tooth whitening.

BUT I'm not knocing it. I haven't tired the alternative yet. I've alredy ordered the Gosmile and will try it. I don't like using the trays because the boil-n-bite are not as good as a dentist's custom trays and too much saliva get s in the bottom tray. But that is just ME. Others may find it more effective and at better cost, it may be worth it to them. Very iteresting though. Ear Wax Removal Drops...Hmmm. I can't believe the discoveries made here. Example: HA supplements helping to plump lips. who would have thought??? Brilliant- just btilliant!
FYI - I don't use any type of tray with my GlyOxide or Auro ear drops, I simply put a few drops on my tooth brush and brush it around my teeth and then hold the 'solution' in my mouth and swish it around like mouthwash for at least 45 seconds.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

From the website:

FYI - I don't use any type of tray with my GlyOxide or Auro ear drops, I simply put a few drops on my tooth brush and brush it around my teeth and then hold the 'solution' in my mouth and swish it around like mouthwash for at least 45 seconds.

do you do this in the am AND pm??? Just curious. I don't think it would hurt to do it twice, just wondering what others do. thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
do you do this in the am AND pm??? Just curious. I don't think it would hurt to do it twice, just wondering what others do. thanks!!
Yes, every time I brush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Cool Carie. I'll try it someday. Your discoveries never cease to amaze me. You should write a column on beuty discoveries, no kidding.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Someone also suggested a product caled Dr. George's whitening gel. It's a peroxide gel you put over your toothpaste when you brush. It's the same concept as the Crest Vivid and cheaper. the Crest TP is good but a pain to use because of the membrane thing in it and trying to get both tp and gel out at the same time and in same amounts.

I'll that for maintanence.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
From what I've read about Carbomide Peroxide as a whiteing agent, you really need at least 20% or up to really notice an improvement without taking weeks and applied for longer periods.

Hydrogen Peroxide, like in goSmile and Exell Daywhite has lower percentages. dif ingredients dif percentage. I think like 9% HP is equal to about 22% Carbomide Peroxide. And HP does not have nearly the sensitivity issues as CP.

I think I'm gonna stick with my HP products b/c I'm too impatient to wait a long time to whiten my teeth to the desired shade.

The ear wax and Glyoxide may be good for maintanence but not enough for treatment. At least for ME that is.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Okay I had the comparison wrong.

Here it is:

Dental whitening systems can contain carbamide (urea) peroxide or hydrogen peroxide, they both work equally well. To calculate the active ingredient's active oxygen content you compare the molecular weights to each other as a percentage of oxygen present. In other words, you take the carbamide peroxide concentration and divide by 2.7668 and that will give you the equivalent strength as hydrogen peroxide. a 15% carbamide peroxide concentration (the upper limit that would be approved by the FDA, if whitening gels were considered drugs) / 2.7668=5.42% hydrogen peroxide. Those two concentrations will have equal whitening ability, if every thing else was the same. But, not all other ingredients are the same. It is not the concentration that's the important thing, but the method of application. Dr. George, who developed the 15% concentration in the 1980s for dentists, when they were using only 10% prior to that, recommends the 15% carbamide peroxide or a 6% hydrogen peroxide gel.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I was close. 22%CP is equal to 7.95% HP
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
From what I've read about Carbomide Peroxide as a whiteing agent, you really need at least 20% or up to really notice an improvement without taking weeks and applied for longer periods.
I have to disagree with that because most of us that have tried the ear drops and/or GlyOxide thing saw a noticeable difference after the first application. Here’s the thread where we first discovered and discussed the wonders of tooth whitening ear drops, nestled among my pseudo-review of GoSmile: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=quasi+review&start=25

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Wow! that is something. I just prefer using something with the HP as opposed to the CP for sensitivity reasons. Creststrips has 3% HP as my hygenist told me so that means by the calculations, the ear wax removal is equivilent to less than 3% HP. And yes, I saw some difference with using those strips as well or even the Simply White brush on. But it never lasted. I would prefer to use something way stronger and just use something milder for maintainence. That is just me though. Glad it works for you gals.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I read through most of the thread and you know Carekate, with all due respect, I think you were misinforming people. Especially b/c you did not fully understand that there is a considerable difference between the Carbomide Peroxide and the HP. It is like the difference between 30 degrees C amd 30 degrees F

Aga asked: wrote:
Now my Question is : If the Ear Drops didnt work, does it mean that GoSmile wouldnt work either?
Carekate wrote:
Aga
Most likely GoSmile won't be effective for you if the ear drops didn't work.

The eardrops were 6% Carbomide Peroxide and the GoSmile was equivilent to like 20% Carbomide Peroxide. She could very well have seen a improvement with her teeth. 20% is really high for a bleaching agent like that. And she could have had that strength WITHOUT the sensitivity problems that CP has. It would be a better alternative. That is why to ME, Gosmile is a better choice for ME.

I'm not picking, I just want people to have ALL the info before making a decision. That is how I make decisions about my beauty products. So I just think that there are better bleaching agents out there than this ear drop alternative. Just because it worked for you and your teeth, may mean someone else needs something stronger.

I think I've heard it mentioned here many times that some things just work differently for each individual.

Again, I'm NOT being combative, I'm just sharing what I've learned.

Peace,

Wendy
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
This also explains why those using the CP saw results immediately.
-You can see results almost immediately, but some of this is artificial. This is because there is a dehydration effect from the glycol base in the whitening agent. This base is hygroscopic which means it draws up water. Therefore, the teeth will be whiter immediately due to the water being removed from your teeth. But, by continuing, the peroxide can easily get into the teeth producing whitening in time. The gel substance works very quickly, but your progress will depend on the strength of the peroxide substance and nature and depth of your stains. The more strength the peroxide has the faster it can whiten and the less it has, the more time it takes. The only problem is that with Carbomide Peroxide, the higher the percentage, the more risk you have for teeth sensitivity. Hydrogen Peroxide is less likely to cause this.,
mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
check out this web site: www.dental-picture-show.com/teeth_bleaching/a43_teeth_whitening_safety.html on the second page of this site, make sure to check out what they have to say about ph of the whitener, or if you can't find it try: www.dental-picture-show.com/teeth_bleaching/a31_teeth_whitening_peroxides.html#neutralph
There's a lot of information here about carbamide peroxide vs. hydrogen peroxide (they recommend carbamide peroxide because of its long safe track record), how much of these materials is in various brands and types of whiteners, why more peroxide is not necessarily better, why you should use a neutral ph product as opposed to something that requires a rinse before (usually acid) and another rinse after.... any way you get the picture. Check it out.
A number of sites on the net recommended Dr. George - they say it gives a lot of bang for the buck. After reviewing the posts here about teeh whiteners, I went and checked out Auro and other ear drops but found that these products all contains quite a few more ingredients than just glycerin and carbamide peroxide. I finally landed up buying Oral Antiseptic Brushing Aid- it's the CVS version of Gly Oxide and contains exactly the same ingredients and 10% carbamide peroxide but is sold for half the price
($ 7.99 for 2 ounces) . Wink
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks.

But I ahve been using GoSmile for a few weeks and have really good results. Better than anything I have ever used. I then got the GS Daily and that stuff is fantastic. I have never had my teeth this white and it is so easy. I got the 30 pc Daily which retails for like $30 for $18 on Ebay. I think I'll be sticking with it. but I do have Dr. Georges gel to add to my own toothpaste to keep them white. But I think I really prefer the GoSmile.

Thanks for the info.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |