Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Homemade Lucia/Ardell Lash Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
One other thing about the JM lash stuff: it also contains “sodium phosphate.” Now of course I’ve heard of this compound before, but I wasn’t exactly sure what it is or what it does and why it would be included in an eyelash growth serum so I googled it and these are the search results it returned: http://www.infoplease.com/dictionary/sodium+phosphate and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_phosphate After having read both, I’m STILL not sure what possible purpose sodium phosphate would serve by possibly being included in my homemade lash serum because I couldn’t get passed the part that said it was an active ingredient in Fleet Enemas! Shock Do we have any members who actually paid attention in, and therefore PASSED, their high school chemistry class that can shed some light on it for me?

Well, my bachelor's degree is in biomedical science and I still had to look into this one. On top of that, I manage a radiology department and deal with Fleet enemas on a daily basis for our patients receiving barium enemas. But, I think I've determined that the only reason this is in the eyelash product is for it's preservative properties only. Believe it or not, I found this information from Hormel's website (that's a long way from a butt cleaning product! Laughing ):

Sodium Phosphate

A chemical compound that is used to preserve food by retaining the moisture in the food to make it juicy and more pleasing when consumed.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi **waving to everyone** I've been lurking for a while now and finally registered so I can participate.. I've learned SO MUCH from y'all, thank you! I know I'll keep learning...

I'm taking the HA/Biocell Collegen II now, started 4 days ago. Prevously I had been using Hollowood RX {4 or 5 months}.. It did work, and didn't de-plump... But then I ran into some bad business practice's by them and cancelled.. After about 2 or 3 weeks I didn't lose much plump, which was nice.. I've been on the HA caps, Jarrow brand, 4 days now. I did a print test on paper Sunday when I started, and was going to wait a week, till this coming Sunday to do anotehr, but I couldn't wait...LOL I tried my best to use the same pressure as the first time.. Without benefit of a way to measure at this moment, I can say just by looking, they have plumped some.. Now I never did this with the Hollywood RX, but knew by looking they had plumped.. So if I lost any plump, when I was using nothing, it's back.. I'll keep taking lip prints to see when I level out..

I'm not however, noticing anymore moisture in my lips.. They are still as dry as ever... Could this be due to where I live? Colorado is a pretty dry climate {semi arid} and it is winter so it's even more dry with the heat on.. I don't know.. Thought's on that, anyone?

I really want to try the Lip Fusion, have for a long time now.. And of course reading the reviews on the XL, want that too...LOL I saw at ULTA yesterday they have the LF.. It ws on the check out counter.. Don't know if it will be a permanent carry or not, but I'd guess yes...

Sorry this was so long.., I just get excited about all this stuff...LOL
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Fooey! I just realized I posted the wrong message in this thread.. Sorry!

But since I'm here and so very interested in your homemade formula....

I finally found the Ardell at one of my ULTAS yesterday and used it last night.. I sure hope it works.. I haven't found the Dreamlash at any Walmart yet tho.. Any otehr suggestions of where to try, before I have to resort to online ordering? We don't have CVS's here...

I realize I am very new, but sure would love to take part in your homemade lash extender experiment.. If not, I'll wait till you sell it and get it then..

Good luck with it, it's really exciting..
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
It is basically sodium which always draws water with it in the body. Given by an enema it is a hypertonic solution that will draw water out of the intravascular and interstitial fluids to soften a stool to promote defacation. As a cosmetic it is an emulsifier that will hold water molecules with it. It should not be used internally by the elderly who are almost always dehydrated, those with cardiovascular disease or kidney disease. It could deplete the blood volume and cause the kidney to be overloaded with fluids to excrete. Used topically on the eyelid will not cause this systemic reaction and should be safe. It is used in many cosmetics to "hold water", it is in urea compounds frequently also. HTH
P.S. I would love to be one of your guinea pigs too Smile

5% products discount

Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I would have to say that I would love to 'join the bandwagon' and be one of your guinea pigs too...best of luck to getting a nice formula going and packaging etc Smile
queenbluebee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
So anyway, does anyone know where I can purchase empty mascara tubes?

Therefore, I’d like to make an offer to anyone who can help me out: I’ll give one free tube of my lash serum to any member who can google and PM me with a list of a few internet sites where I can order empty mascara tubes.

Does this offer still stand?

Perhaps a homemade eyelash serum can be made with these ingrediants--Castor Bean Extract, Chamomile, Lecithin Complex(same ingredient as found in Talika Lipocils), Vit E, Vit B5, Glutenin Extract.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
CareKate,
I PM'd you with a site I found for empty tubes-prices are based on quantity.
I'd, of course, be happy to be a guinea pig for you, or be one of your first purchasers, also!
Good luck!
Maria
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:36 am      Reply with quote
queenbluebee wrote:
carekate wrote:
So anyway, does anyone know where I can purchase empty mascara tubes?

Therefore, I’d like to make an offer to anyone who can help me out: I’ll give one free tube of my lash serum to any member who can google and PM me with a list of a few internet sites where I can order empty mascara tubes.

Does this offer still stand?
Yes, the offer still stands, however there is a minor legal complication in the availability of my lash serum. Check out this thread for details: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=carekate&start=0

Thanks for the PM Maria, I’m checking in to those mascara tubes now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carekate,

I know I'd certainly sign a waiver ... but I'm Canadian. We don't sue people like Americans do ... largely because it's illegal in this country for a lawyer to work on a contingency basis ... you have to pay the lawyer whether you win or lose! Laughing This makes Canadians very reluctant to sue people! Laughing

Just a thought here ... I wonder if the whole liability issue could be rendered moot if your lash serum was forever "in the testing stages" ... and people were, in fact, signing up to be guinea pigs?

That way the liability would be with the "volunteer"?

What a shame that this sort of thing is a real concern in this day and age.

However, I'll sign whatever waiver you want. Not a problem. I'll even volunteer to sign a notarized statement that those of us who purchased "samples" of this knew way ahead of time that it was experimental and tried it at their own risk should anyone even try to sue you!

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
i'm canadian, i would never sue you.... Laughing can you imagine if we sued over something so silly? Just my opinion, but products have to tested on someone don't they? Don't test subjects sign waivers all the time? so again, anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence would be happy that you are taking appropriate and necessary legal precautions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Carekate this site sells empty mascara tubes if you are still looking!!

http://www.makingcosmetics.com/store/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d46.html&lmd=38776.396968

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
There's also these people http://www.wwpinc.com/products/LEM_1.shtml but you have to contact them for prices I think.... In fact, there seem to be lots of places but they have order minimums (e.g. 2000 or 10000 units). All the other places I have seen that sell them individually are quite $$$.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Okay I am fairly new to EDS and know that this post hasn't been written on in a while so I am hoping someone will see it and respond. First I was wondering how the lash serum from Carekate was coming and if she was selling any or giving out the "recipe" yet? And also, are there any other DIY for lash growth or just any good products to help with this?
Thank you!
Allison
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
anbloom wrote:
Okay I am fairly new to EDS and know that this post hasn't been written on in a while so I am hoping someone will see it and respond. First I was wondering how the lash serum from Carekate was coming and if she was selling any or giving out the "recipe" yet? And also, are there any other DIY for lash growth or just any good products to help with this?
Thank you!
Allison

From my understanding the serum is about ready for it's premier debut. I highly doubt CareKate will give out her formula any more than I will give out my formula for my hand & body lotion Laughing . I do know she intends on having a few members become her guinea pigs.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I didn't think she would be "giving out" her formula either but earlier in the forum she had mentioned how she wasn't sure how it would work because of the whole someone getting mad if it caused a reaction. Thanks for replying back to me so quickly, I am very excited to try this!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |