Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:Review:: Caudalie Beauty Elixir
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
This toner/pick-me-up is now a beauty staple for your's truly! I am now on my second bottle of Caudalie's Beauty Elixir, and at the rate that I spritz the stuff on my face (especially today), I will soon be on my third!

As the Elixir contains rosemary, peppermint, lemon, and orange extracts, it feels ingredibly invigorating on the skin! Cooling, refreshing, and hydrating. I've been tempted to put a bottle in the fridge, for an even cooler sensation, but will wait for summer to give myself a chilly experience!

Gotta have it, ladies! Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds nice! How exactly is Caudalie pronounced?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Do you spritz it directly on the whole of your face, eye area included? I've got the small bottle and always cover my eyes just incase it stings.
peace of mind
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
i found that EDS sell at cheaper price !
Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I am waiting (im)patiently for the postie to bring me my latest EDS order as I bought this!!

when I was doing live chat with Kate from EDS after I ordered she said I would love it.. sounds like all the ladies at EDS are getting hooked on it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
phredd - It sounds something like "cord-a-lee". Very Happy
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Another product to add to my list to try!

Wink
Caspers Mum

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
phredd - It sounds something like "cord-a-lee". Very Happy

"co-DA-lay"
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
OH-MY-GOODNESS. Drop everything and click over to the shop and get this!!!! It is simply the most divine spritzer I have ever tried. The smell is simply to die for.. it feels so refreshing and, well, it just smells SO DAMNED GOOD!!

As you can tell my EDS box arrived today, right before hubby arrived home. I had just ripped open the box and spritzed with this when he walked in and his first comment was "wow, what is that smell". End result we both kept spritzing all evening. I am almost looking forward to summer now....

I only got the small bottle as I just wanted to try it and there had been no review here yet, but I am sure it is gonna be all gone real quick.

The small bottles are only CA$15 on EDS (less our wondy member discounts) so are real bargain to bump up an order. I would give this a 150% recommendation to add to your next purchase.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Potassium Alum, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Company spiel: Inspired by the "elixir of youth" used by Queen Isabelle of Hungary, this precious elixir smoothes, helps to minimize the appearance of pores, and gives complexion a burst of radiance. Formulated for all skin types. Not tested on animals. Preservative-free. Uses 100 percent natural fragrance.

To use: Close your eyes and spray lightly onto face before applying your moisturizer. Can also be used during the day to refresh the skin or to set makeup.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Damn it! Now I MUST have this!!!! Smile

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I will second every good thing said about this product! I LOVE the smell and the feel of it -- it's a refreshing, fine mist. I use it to set my MMU, but I also can't help spritzing multiple other times during the day. I'm going to have to invest in the large bottle next time.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
HA! phredd4 wrote:
Quote:

I cracked up as soon as I read this, as I've always wondered the same thing. Thanks for clarifying, Caspers Mum!
My next EDS order is growing....a few Juvena products, and now this! Sounds wonderful. The only issue I have with spritzing products is avoiding my hair. (I love using these products during the day) I always end up with some in my hair, so sometimes I spritz a bit onto my hands and quickly pat it onto my face.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
HA! phredd4 wrote:
Quote:

I cracked up as soon as I read this, as I've always wondered the same thing. Thanks for clarifying, Caspers Mum!

Yes, the person whom I spoke to from the company was mispronouncing it too. It's a French company, and though I speak limited French, I know my accents, inflections, and pronounciations.

"co-da-LAY" Very Happy

Shhh Psst! My last name is Roumieu, but has always been pronounced "Romeo". "rou-MI-eu"! It's not incorrect, nor an anglicized version. My Dad's grandfather was from the Marseilles-region of France, and even he pronounced it in this fashion. Quebec or elsewhere ... "rom-mew". Weird. "Je parle très peu français. Comme la plupart des Canadiens, j'ai appris du dos de la boîte à céréale."
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum.....Roumieu....what a fabulous name, and history. At least you can correctly pronounce French, and read the important stuff, like the back of cans and cereal boxes! Laughing

Three years of it and about the only thing I remember is s'il vous plaît....Où la toilette est?.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Caspers Mum.....Roumieu....what a fabulous name, and history. At least you can correctly pronounce French, and read the important stuff, like the back of cans and cereal boxes! Laughing

Three years of it and about the only thing I remember is s'il vous plaît....Où la toilette est?.

I pronounce Casper's last name as "ro-MEOW"! Laughing
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I got this this morning and the smell is heavenly. My skin was tingling for about a minute after spritzing it on and my skin feels so soft. I have just received this, the foaming cleanser and the grape water as my skin is a wreck at the moment.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
This is probably my favorite product, it prevents my face from breakouts and it's just divine! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I will give in and try the small size. (I just made my BF buy me Jurlique Rose water in AU) now this! ugh! But atleast I can keep the small bottle size in my bag Laughing

What's the bottle like? is it glass? Can I refill this bottle? I want to re-use this for the bag! (when I order big ones)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
The bottle is made out of glass, and i don't think that you would be able to refill it.
One thing i do know is that you will definately want to buy the big bottles. I only got mine yesterday and i am already planning on buying lots more.
Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri May 19, 2006 12:52 am      Reply with quote
OMG! I am so totally in love with this toner! I literally almost had to restrain myself yesterday (when my order arrived) from jumping on EDS and raving about this - I figured it would make me look like too much of a loon Laughing I'm going to force myself to stay away from reviewing it until I use it for at least a week but all signs are pointing to a total winner of a product!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
OMG! I am so totally in love with this toner! I literally almost had to restrain myself yesterday (when my order arrived) from jumping on EDS and raving about this - I figured it would make me look like too much of a loon Laughing I'm going to force myself to stay away from reviewing it until I use it for at least a week but all signs are pointing to a total winner of a product!

Oh I give up!!! Just tell me when I'm supposed to use it & a basic idea of what it does & I'll just put it in my cart & be done with it already!!!! Along with Dr H. mask, Juice green thing, et al ad infinitum.....

Seriously, someone mentionned using it during the day. Wouldn't this just muck up the make-up?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I keep mine to use as a "refresher" during the day.. like at the end of the work day when I need a boost to keep on going to 6pm. Laughing The fragrance really perks you up and it is not sticky (though I would not like to be spritzing with it half-a-dozen times a day as I would normally do)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I keep mine to use as a "refresher" during the day.. like at the end of the work day when I need a boost to keep on going to 6pm. Laughing The fragrance really perks you up and it is not sticky (though I would not like to be spritzing with it half-a-dozen times a day as I would normally do)

What about the mucking up the make-up thing?? Confused
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
It is such a light mist (well the small bottle is) and so fine that I cannot see how it would affect make-up at all. You barely feel any moisture on your face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks-sounds great for summer. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |