Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::Review::Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Powder Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Indeed, this is the foundation which I have paired-up with Amazing Concealer to give me my apparently "amazing" skin!

I like it, as it provides a matte, flawless finish. I wear the foundation and concealer in "Ultra Light", as I am very fair.

Kindly note that the key make-up artist for King Kong used the Amazing Cosmetics line for all of the stars of the movie Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Loose Powder Foundation (9 g / 0.3 oz)
Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Loose Powder Foundation (9 g / 0.3 oz)

Soft. Silky. Skin. Brush on ultra-fine mineral powder for a soft, luminous finish. Velvet Powder and Brush, only from AmazingCosmetics. (Colors compliment the same name shade of our AmazingConcealer)

jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
ooohh...sounds nice - where do you buy this?
Mabsy

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
jadette wrote:
ooohh...sounds nice - where do you buy this?

EDS now stocks it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Casper's Mum: Are you fair as in you usually use the lightest shade of foundation in a line and don't really tan, or are you fair as in the lightest shades of foundation available are 2 or 3 shades too dark for you? I'm the latter, so if you are too, this foundation might be just the ticket for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum - Does your skin get shiny by mid day? I'm using BE and I tend to get shiny & oily. Ulta carries this line, so I'm going to check this out. Thanks for the review.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Casper's Mum: Are you fair as in you usually use the lightest shade of foundation in a line and don't really tan, or are you fair as in the lightest shades of foundation available are 2 or 3 shades too dark for you? I'm the latter, so if you are too, this foundation might be just the ticket for me!

She posted a pic of herself a while back......here's the thread so you can get an idea

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8483&highlight=

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

She posted a pic of herself a while back......here's the thread so you can get an idea

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8483&highlight=

Yes, I am very fair, but have always been the girl to burn a bit, and tan deeply. Of course, I am very consciencious of sun protection now!

If the following description illustrates my fairness: if I were to wear B.E., I am "Very Fair", and "Light" is perfect when I am sporting a Malibu Barbie tan.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in the product amazing powder and I see EDS sells it now. Can someone give me the ingrediants? I want to know if it contains OXY Bismuth (sp) and mica? Sorry if this is posted somewhere and I missed it.
Thanks
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I so totally LOVE this line.. I was a devoted BE user, but hated the shiny thing that it has.. And one thing I refuse to ever be without is the concealer.. The women who put this line together, sure named it right.. It is AMAZING!!!

Here's the ingrediants list for the powder foundation, concealer and powder set... You can also check the entire line out on their website.. amazingcosmetics.com

Amazing Concealer
Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Ozokerite, PVP/Hexadecene Popolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, BHT, Propylparaben, Methylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI77493, CI 77499).

Face
Velvet Mineral Powder Foundation
Mica, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 7288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

PowderSet
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
What AMAZINGLY beautiful skin, Caspers Mum!! Darn it, I just bought the TRUE pressed powder. Going to have to wait till it runs out but I will try it.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi I'm Kiki
How is the coverage? I don't want a lot of coverage, that is why I am looking for something other than my fav TRUE. I want the ability to have something w/ very very light coverage for the summer
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum can you compare Amazing Cosmetics' foundation to True Cosmetics's foundation? I am just wondering which is a better product in terms of coverage and long lasting ability? Thanks
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Okay, now I'm sold on it too! I've been using the Amazing Concealer in Ultra Light (which I love), but I think I'd really like to try their foundation too. I'll have to add this to my wish list now! Very Happy
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just thought of this and now it was too late to edit my last reply ... because this is a mineral foundation, it would have a natural SPF right? Does anyone know what SPF it would be? Thanks! I am SOOO going to order this in a few days! Smile
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz - you sound like me, the palest foundations are always not pale enough and/or are too pink - the only mineral makeup I've found that goes pale enough for me so far has been Aromaleigh Voile in 00 (alabaster).
(I am super fair NEVER tan - burn in the shade on an overcast UK spring day!!)

Be interested in just how fair the AC foundation measures up in comparison.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis, I think it's like any mineral, it depends on how much you put on.. You start with a light layer and see how it goes.. Let it 'melt' into your skin for a few minutes... If you want more coverage, you apply more... I never thought the BE was heavy, but IMO, compared to the Amazing, it was...

Another thing I love about the Amazing, is there is no buffing, as with BE... I know others are like that as well, but I'd only tried Pure Luxe and I would have had to mix my shade, and didn't want to even mess with that...
I faux tan, so I wear my foundation darker than I would if I just stayed pasty white...LOL
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Went to Ulta and got a sample of the Golden light concealer (a must have to order with my new voucher!!!). Love it, love it!! But they were all out the samples of the powder foundations to try, so I am on the fence as to the color choice of that. The SA said that the golden light was lighter than the light but it looked like the light was pinker, IMO. Can anyone verify or compare to the TRUE med. #3? Thinking about changing. Although I love the TRUE color I just can't seem to get rid of the settling in my pores and lines, even with all the buffing and swirling and patting. Has anyone tried both?
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Annie, we seem to have the same interests. Cool After reading the review, I went to Ulta to try to find a color match. The Light had a definite pink cast to it. The Golden Light is perfect for me. YAY! The Medium is about 5 shades darker; too bad they don't have a larger color selection.

A salesperson told me that Amazing Cosmetics isn't "popular" or "very good" and tried to steer me to BE. Ha! I told her what I thought of BE (not for me), and she left me alone.

I bought the concealer, minerals, and, of course, setting powder. Somehow, their bronzer ended up in my hot little hands, too. Buying all this stuff to look "amazing" was a chunk of change but I thought I was worth it - today.

I have a lot of ruddiness in my skin,some permanent sun damage, and I flush very easily. I always wear something to tone down the red. Being 56, I finally gave up on mineral makeup because it either made me look dry and wrinkly (which I'm not) or separated badly by the end of the day due to my old-oily skin. That said:

I LOVE AMAZING COSMETICS! Using just a dab of the concealer, it covered the bit of redness on my cheeks. The mineral powder is very light and gave me a nice matte-ish finish. I'm not sure if I needed the finishing powder over just the concealer or minerals too, but I applied it lightly all over. I looked as flawless as I possibly could. And better yet, I had it on for 9 hours, did some gardening & did some cardio on my bike (read: sweaty). It looked almost as perfect as when I put it on this morning! THAT'S AMAZING!

I'll be buying this line from EDS now that I know my color. Thank goodness I didn't listen to Miss-Know-It-All at Ulta! I figured, if EDS is carrying it, it has GOT to be good!

Lexy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Does it settle in your pores? I am on the fence about the finishing powder too, but the ULTA girl was REALLY selling it. She says it "sets" the foundation so that it becomes waterproof, basically.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Annie, we seem to have the same interests. Cool After reading the review, I went to Ulta to try to find a color match. The Light had a definite pink cast to it. The Golden Light is perfect for me. YAY! The Medium is about 5 shades darker; too bad they don't have a larger color selection.

Lexy, can you tell me what shades you use in other foundations? Light sounds too pink for me but I'm wondering if Golden Light may be peach or too dark. Thank you!! Smile Annette
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
The settling in the pores was a big problem for me with other mineral makeups. Not Amazing Cosmetics! I think I'm in love.

It looks like NO makeup, just good skin. After a day at school and playing outside with kids in the sun, my skin has a slight glow to it but not oily at all. No separation, no settling in pores.

The foundations I've used aren't mainstream lines but a few I've tried and that matched are:

Jane Iredale Warm Silk
Lancome W2

I consider myself to be a "light-medium" in the slightly warm/neutral range. Golden Light is pretty light on me - I couldn't go any lighter. I thought about mixing Medium with Golden Light but just don't want to get into all that.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
The JI shade I wore was Warm Silk, your info is so helpful, Lexy, thank you! Smile
queenmama1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I would really like to try this when I run out of my JI Amazing Base. I wear Natural in that. Could anybody help me match the color in Amazing? Thanks!
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
By viewing the color samples here of the JI Natural shade, it looks like Natural is darker and cooler than Warm Silk. If that's true, I wouldn't get Golden Light.

Your best bet is probably asking EDS via email. They are very helpful and prompt in replying. The problem with Amazing Cos is that the jump from Light/Golden Light to Medium is HUGE. IMO it's at least 4 shades darker.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Lexy
queenmama1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Alexis52. I think I'll see if I can find a sample somewhere before buying. It's tricky trying to match from monitors.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |