Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredale Circle\Delete Concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
whitelori
5% products discount

Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I was under the impression this concealer was not to clog pores but after looking at the ingredients on their website I see there are oils used in this product. I wonder if my concealer is causing this creepy skin and what looks like clogged pores on my under eye area. It seems like it is getting worse and now I'm suspicious of the concealer. Does anyone else use this and have you experienced any problems?

Thanks!!!!
Mabsy

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I do use this and have not had any problems with it at all. I do agree that it is a very creamy concealer - that was actually part of what I liked about it, it's so easy to blend. I haven't actually had a look at the ingredients before but I do use products with oils in them and have no problems.

Is your skin looking a little bumpy under the eyes? I would suggest stopping the concealer (or changing eye cream if you use a heavy one) to see if things improve. In the meantime, if you have some gentle AHA eye cream then it'll help get rid of the problem quickly.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Masby,

I want to thank you (and everyone else who responds) for all the advice you've given me today and in the past.

So far I've tried the Neostrata cream at night but that didn't get rid of the milia. The cream is great and non irritating but it didn't take care of it. I used it for about 1 month or more. Then I purchased Murad's product for daytime wear which I like and also the MD formulations VitA product. I have just started using that and noticed it can be irritating so I've had to be careful. I've already dried out and peeled from it. I've used it twice a day but I think that is too much. I don't notice any change yet in the milia since starting this but it has only been about 6 days. I also purchased the moisturizer by MD but found I'm allergic to it because I itch like crazy and my eyes puffed up. So I've had to stop that one.

I do used Jane Iredale and have loved it. I never had a problem with it before but wonder over time if it has caused this. I read that the oils used in their product should not clog pores. Is there a creamy, oil free concealer you can recommend?

I've spent so much money on product after product that I'm starting to get discouraged. Every product I try gives me a side effect of some sort, as if I'm going deeper into a hole and can't climb out! I'm tempted to buy the product by Naturalis. I've scheduled an appointment with my dermatologist in February so hoping to get a definite diagnosis on the bumps which I'm pretty sure now is milia. I can't think of anything else it could be.

Could it be that the Vitamin A might take a long time to work?
Mabsy

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Please be careful when using the MDF Vit-a-Plus eye cream. I think this is actually very effective for millia (or at least it has been for me and I hope some others here as well) but I do find the eye cream drying. It has 10% AHAs (from memory) so I only spot treat when I actually do get millia or bumpy skin around the eye area. Try just using it once a day, perhaps at night so you don't put any makeup over it, and give it a few days. I hope that works for you. I think I do know the Neaostrata eye cream that you're talking about. I actually also have that (something with PHA4, or something along those lines) and I like it. I bought it because I thought it might be a gentler alternative to the MDF one for treating millia but (luckily) I haven't yet had the opportunity to try it out on millia. I have tried it as an eye cream though and find it quite good.

I don't really know about oil-free concealers as I don't usually look for oils on the ingredients list. Personally, I don't think that cosmetic grade oils do block pores plus they have never bothered me. But that's just me. One concealer that you might like to look into is MAC Moisturecover. It's really nice for the eye area because it's easy to blend as well and not drying. You'd have to check the ingredient list though... HTH

ps. No problem about the advice - that's what we're all here for Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes it is not the concealer which is making thr skin around the eye appear creepy, it can be your eye cream. If your eye cream is to rich this will cause creepiness no matter what you use. Also you might be applying too much of the product. Another sugestion is to wait at least 20 minutes after your eye cremm before you apply the concealer as this is sufficient time for the product to absorb in to the skin. If none of this works than try a different concealer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used this for about a year then switched back to MAC cuz it kinda sucks. It makes my skin looks like its flaky and peeling.
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I used this for about a year then switched back to MAC cuz it kinda sucks. It makes my skin looks like its flaky and peeling.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I like the JI Circle Delete in Peach and used it for several months. It did not clog my pores and it did a good job of hiding dark circles (mine are not too bad to begin with). I have recently been using Vincent Longo's concealer. They are pretty close, but I think I like Vincent Longo's a little better.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I've been taking lecithin off and on for over 25 years. When I'm regular with it my bumps all but disappear only to return if I stop. It takes about 6 months of two tablespoons a day but has so many beneficial properties I think it is worth it.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |