Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What Bath & Body Products are you using at the moment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Just thought it would be fun to know what everyone is using at the moment Smile

For me I am just keeping my body going through these winter months!!:

*Molton Brown soap - I have never had a soap that lathers up as well as this one and leaves my skin so smooth and soft, it is like a soap and moisturiser all in one.

*Yves St Laurent Cinema Shower Gel and Body Lotion, love the scent, it stays put all day without being too over powering.

*Boots Botanics - All the Body Lotions, I always keep one of these body lotions handy in the bathroom, mainly for my legs and they come in convenient pump bottles too.

*Neal's Yard Body Oils - Fantastic for all over and especially after having exfoliated, skin is so soft and smooth, and they all smell so good, I especially love the Geranium and Orange, perfect for the winter days.

*Botanics exfoliating Glove - I will never ever go back to using a body scrub when I can reach for one of these, I slather on my shower Gel/Soap and exfoliate in with my glove. My SO has been comenting for days how soft my skin is, I can even go for a few days without using this and he still asks me if I exfoliated as my skin is so soft.

*Frankensence Aromatherapy Oil - I cannot use bubble baths so always use an essential oil when I have a bath, this one is my favourite at the moment, it is pure luxury in the winter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
1-2 times a week I mix up a batch of
EVOO + apricotoil + a couple of EOs + salt or sugar and exfoliate. I loooooove this. Very relaxing and so soft afterwards.

The rest of my showers I actually just use regular soap. And when I remember to moisturize my bod I've started using a foot balm! Works great! and the one I've got has a minty fresh aroma which dissapears after a while - I like that.

don't have a bath tub unfortunately, but am going home to Sweden for the weekend and am looking forward to a long soak in my mums tub Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Ruth I too love using foot balm, it makes one of the best handcreams I have ever tried and doubles up as the most luxurious body balm Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I think you'd also like L'Occitane soaps, rosebud. Lovely and creamy foam that lasts right to the end of the soap.

I'm currently mainly using:

REN Monoi Oil Rinse or Aromatherapy Associates Rose Renew Shower Gel

Clarins Gommage Exfoliant

Palmer's Cocoa Butter

Pure Soya Oil (Because of the tip I read here about it being a hair retardant. It also moisturises.)

Both Penzim and Kiehl's Intensive Treatment on my hands

Scholl's Deep Moisturing Foot Cream
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I am using Kiss my Face Olive Oil & Lavendar soap. This was given to me Christmas from my sister in law. Wonderful for dry skin. Smells so fresh & clean....
jolene4him
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Using Italian Bath and Body (HSN.com) since Christmastime; specifically their Olive Oil Line: Olivarium. Scent is FRESH, PURE and super moisturizing for my peri-menopausal desert skin! P.S. They are on air today thru Friday this week.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Majorb, I'll be looking out for the L'occitane soaps Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Ruth I too love using foot balm, it makes one of the best handcreams I have ever tried and doubles up as the most luxurious body balm

I know! I think I'll go post it as a beauty secret! Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Junsmore

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I get interesting in YSL Cinema Shower Gel
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use :

johnsons & Johnsons baby body wash. I have been using it since i was 14. (if i am having a bath, every so often i put epson salt in the water)
california tan exfoliating scrub(when i need it) or neutrogina (lol i cant spell, sorry) body scrub.

biotherm's biovergetures and a product called scarzone. (both for stretch marks and scares)

bioterm's anti-drying body milk. its a nice lite moisterizer. Clarins body lift. And clarins extra firming cream for body. I love the firming body cream. Makes my legs soooo soft.

Clarins hand cream. I get real dry hands on a daily basis (washing my hands too much).
Aveeno baby daily lotion i found works great on my hands, even as good as the clarins.

my father bought me skindulgences for christmas and have yet to use it. Has anyone tried it before? if so let me know what you think.
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'v used foot balms on my hands before too, nice fresh scent Smile

I love to use Body Shop Body Butters (Nut scent esp.) esp. now in winter, or in summer on my legs, I swear it leaves a nice glow Smile

Johnson's baby oil in the shower Smile

I use Eucerin calming cream on any dry patches, and I just discovered California Baby's Calendula creme for dry psoriasis/exzema Or whatever they are patches I sometimes get. It was a godsend for one on my eye area, now i'm using it everyday

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
For bath and body, for the most part I make my own concoctions:

-Salt Scrub for Body: Dead Sea Salt, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, sea kelp (mix until desired texture).

-Sugar Scrub for Body: Turbinado Sugar, apricot kernel, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, honey (mix until desired texture).

-Body Balm: (1/3 oil) sweet almond oil, olive oil (1/3 butter) shea butter, cocoa butter, (1/3 wax) beeswax, melt, add Vit. E caplets and pour into container, no preservative needed.

-Whipped Butters: shea butter or mango butter, melt and whip with hand mixer until fluffy, put in jar, no preservative needed.

-Soap: I use my own cold process soaps with base recipe of palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil and add extra ingredients such as dead sea mud, butters, clays, milk, honey, oatmeal and herbs.

-L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream (I love this and cannot duplicate this on my own!). I also recently tried Fresh's Orange Chocolate Shea Butter and love it. I just ordered Cocoa Absolute (extracted from the cocoa bean) from an essential oil supplier and it has the chocolate scent and I already have Orange essential oil and will probably make a similar shea butter, I just love the scent!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud,

I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been thinking about getting a new body wash or soap and there are so many great ones mentioned.

It's tough to find products that won't strip your skin of everything.

MystyPines,
Is the cold process soap you make, a liquid body wash? If so, I would love to know more about how you make it.

As for me, I love Devita Tahitian Vanilla Bean Hand & Body Brulee. It only has a handful of ingredients (nothing bad for you) and it smells lovely, soft and feminine.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |