Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best Concealer out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I've been using bobbi Brown corrector for years and it seemed to work the best.

I've also tried Phys Formula and that was ehhhh...

I even tried Colortration which is a very thick matte make up that can even cover tattoos. I just don't like how thick it is.

And I tried the mineral make-up. Bare Escentuals has Bismuth in it and irritates me. The J. Lynne does not and covers pretty good but still not enough and I can't make it look light, It still looks heavy. Must really have a knack to apply the mineral m/u.

So if anyone has a concealer that is like magic, pls reccommend.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Chanel Quickcover is my favorite concealer. YSL Touche Eclat is a nice highlighter, too.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
What are you looking to cover, blemishes or undereye shadows?
For blemishes I like MAC Studio Finnish concelaer, I can get really precise coverage when I apply with a concealer brush.

MAC has also just brought out a limited edition version of the YSL Touche Eclat which is cheaper and suposed to be just as good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have blue circles under my eyes. they have been getting worse over the years. I had Restylane put in the hollow and one side bruised and never really went away. I've heard this can happen. So I am looking for something to cut the blue. The Bisque by Bobbi Brown does cut it somewhat. so a good "corrector" type concealer is what I need.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Chanel Quickcover is my favorite concealer. YSL Touche Eclat is a nice highlighter, too.

I love the YSL Touche Eclat ~ now I can't pronounce it correctly (imagine a southern gal's poor attempt at speaking french), but I love it and use it everyday!!

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I'd suggest Jane Iredale Circle Delete or maybe Mac Moisturecover.

I really like YSL Touch Eclat as well but I tend to use that over other concealers if I have dark circles after a late night because it's more of a detractor than coverage provider.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I, too, use the BB Corrector and sometimes the YSL Touche Eclat. They're two of my favorites and I've tried plenty! Also, Erno Laszlo Perfect Concealer is another good one, along with Cle de Peau. But what I have found to make a big difference is a product called Line Eraser by Pure Luxe...I think I actually first heard of it on this forum. I pat it on under my eyes after applying the BB Corrector and then dust a little bit of the Banana Split powder (forgot the product name, also by Pure Luxe)over it. It really helps keep the concealer from creasing and the powder helps set it and looks very natural. The Pure Luxe products are very inexpensive and you can order samples from their website.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Just to clarify, the YSL Touche Eclat would sufficiently cover dark blue coloring under and in the corner of eyes? In my case, if I don't use concealer I look like I haven't slept in days or even worse that I got punched in the both of my eyes. Rolling Eyes

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
if I don't use concealer I look like I haven't slept in days or even worse that I got punched in the both of my eyes

I know how you feel. If I leave the house without some concealer on I will inevitably have at least 3 people ask me if I'm feeling well Mad My circles are definitely heredity, though...got them courtesy of my Italian father's side of the family. This was made apparent to me at a recent family reunion of sorts where I noticed most of the women had the same darkness under their eyes. But, lucky for them, they also had the darker, olive skin so it wasn't as noticeable. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky Sad .

Anyway, I think if your circles are very dark you would still need to use the BB Corrector or some other concealer, then use the YSL over it. You could probably get away with using just the YSL if the circles weren't too bad, but I know for myself, I still have to use a regular concealer under it. HTH
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:

I also love YSL Touch Eclat!! Very Happy although it cant really cover my serious dark circle but it's better than some of the concealer i've tried.
zovo
5% products discount

Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I have bad dark eye circles also and I find YSL doesn't really cover but I do use it over my normal concealer. I'm currently using MAC and it's pretty good but thinking of getting Bobbi Brown as my friend swear by it. I used to used Benefit concealer for the eyes and I find it to be very good..thick enough and doesn't crack.Think will buy it again
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I like YSL as well, but lately I have been using Guerlain Issima Precious Light Smoothing Iluminator in the color Rose Enlumineur (light) which is comparable to YSL only a bit creamier. Over top that I use Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder to make it last longer. I don't have very dark circles so this may not be enough for some folks.

-Cheri
vsconlin

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Another concealer you might want to try in Lancome palette mix 01. You can't buy it in Canada for some reason, but it's a trio of 3 different shades of concealer so you can adjust an exact match for your skin tone, depending on where on your face the blemish is or what time of the year it is. I often found I needed different concealers for Winter and Summer but now I use this palette only.
You can buy it online, if you get it from the UK you don't pay tax either. I used to live in the UK and I brought mine with me when I moved to Canada, I needed to buy another one last year and I had to buy it in the UK as Lancome US/Canada don't stock it. It's silky and smoothe, goes on great with a brush, doesn't change colour with translucent powder and when set stays put for about 6 hours.
ayu
5% products discount

Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've posted a similar reply about the YSL Touche Eclat somewhere... but I'm going to post another one again... just cos im a crazy fan about this concealer...

So i have really really dark eye circles that are blueish brownish in colour.. and at first when i tried the touche eclat i thought it didnt cover as well as my other products, but then i tried putting on one thin layer, letting it dry, then i put on another layer... that way, it realy covers the colour. i think its cos the consistency of this concealer is rather liquidy, so if you try to put a thick layer on at once, it won't work because most of it will be on your finger. maybe try this way and it'll work better?

I really like this concealer cos it doesn't make the fine lines under the eyes stand out unlike the other concealers i've tried, and it doesn't dry the skin there either!

hth! Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Cle de peau, pricey, but worth it, also Becca has a great concealer as well.
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Cleu De Peau. Hands down

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Skinflash by Dior is also pretty good. I've been using it since last year and love it. Its a highlighter, but I find that it covers pretty well.

On another note, I'm using GloMinerals pressed powder foundation - love it! It covers everything I don't need to use a concealer when I use it.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I like YSL as well, but lately I have been using Guerlain Issima Precious Light Smoothing Iluminator in the color Rose Enlumineur (light) which is comparable to YSL only a bit creamier.

i have to second this! Guerlain Issima Precious Light Smoothing Iluminator is sooooooo much better than YSL Touche Eclat. i have the Rose which is more moisturising than the two other colours (Beige Clair and Natural) though a little less concealing and a bit more brightening. most days i just use this and it really helps even out the blue under my eyes and the red over (retinol use). if i want perfection, though, i use it in conjunction with Cle de Peau which is brilliant (though a bit heavily made up look for my normal day look -- that just may be the learning curve as i've just gotten this).

still, i urge anybody that loves Touche Eclat to try Guerlain's next time you're in a store that carries it. it's so much smoother and doesn't get the funky moldy smell of YSL. i might just get the Clair as well and see if a layer of both it and the Rose equals perfection. it's the only concealer i've found that doesn't sit in the lines of my puffy eyes after i smile!
ayu
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:22 am      Reply with quote
wow really... i must give the guerlian a try then...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I found the illuminare foundation(it is very thick, so is also a concealor) does a very good job at covering blemish.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi has anyone used Amazing Cosmetics concealer, it's supposed to be good but I've never tried it b/c it's pricey. Ant thoughts?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |