Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OCM...?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
1- OCM do u use that everyday?

2- I have a mixed skin, dry, dirty and oily, alot of white and black heads, tend to flush easily when exposed to heat...using a Hot wet flannel, will make my face super red Sad , will that still be ok???

3- should i use 50/50 olive oil/Castor oil? what dosage do u suggest? and
do i need soap or any other cleansers, since OCM is a cleanser itself...?

thnx alot in advance Razz
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Ejay90,

You might want to start with reading some of the prior posts that discuss OCM:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9717

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9087

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8539

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9121

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9100

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
ejay90 wrote:

I try to do it every evening, but with everything else we have to do...I'm okay with every other day

2- I have a mixed skin, dry, dirty and oily, alot of white and black heads, tend to flush easily when exposed to heat...using a Hot wet flannel, will make my face super red Sad , will that still be ok???

Maybe use less hot water???

I use 50%-50% EVOO-CO, I've been using a couple of weeks now, and see a HUGE difference. For whatever reason, the sides of my nose stayed full of tiny blackheads sorry so graphic, but since using the OCM my face has gotten 100% better!!!! I use a glycolic wash in the shower, and the complete Janson-Beckett routine which includes the Organic Cleansing Milk.

thnx alot in advance Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Yep ... morning and evening. The evening session tends to be longer and more involved than the morning one, though.

Quote:
2- I have a mixed skin, dry, dirty and oily, alot of white and black heads, tend to flush easily when exposed to heat...using a Hot wet flannel, will make my face super red , will that still be ok???

That's something that you'll have to assess. If this flush is a "condition" and if it's bothersome, then you might want to use water that isn't so hot. If this flush is "short lived" ... then you may be fine.

The only thing you can do is try it the way it's described and see how your skin reacts.

Quote:

50/50 Olive Oil/Castor Oil is what's suggested. Usually the user finds the right proportions ... if it's too drying to your skin, increase olive oil ... if it makes your skin too oily, increase the castor oil. Generally, however, the 50/50 mix is fine.

No, you don't need another cleanser ... at least I haven't used another cleanser. The oil removes all makeup ... all dirt. Simple.

I will say, however, that if you use only warm water, you might want some soap to remove any excess oil.

Hope this helps.

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Can you use glycerin for part of the mix? My skin is so dry?
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
hattie, my skin is so very dry also and the mix really works well for me. I use jojoba insted of olive oil. Don't put a hot hot washcloth on your face, just warm enough to feel a good steam. After wiping off the oil maybe use an exfoliator and then press in a good oil or moisturizer into your new skin cells. Exfoliation will help the oil penetrate better for cleansing and for moisturizing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
allright, I mixed 50/50 EVOO/CO and I applied the mixed on my skin, massaged very well, then put a super hot wet flannel on skin...when i wiped out everything, i havent really seen any cleansing...I mean, it didnt do much, am I doing something wrong here...still have my black heads Sad
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Relax - it's ok. Step away from the mirror Razz Sorry - being silly. It may take a few treatments to do it's job - also you may want to exfoliate too. I just finished hubby a few hours ago, after the exfoliation we uncovered a whole SLEW of white & black heads we hadn't seen previously. Made him promise not to pick and that I was pretty confident they will come out the next treatment or 2. If your skin can handle it you may want to try to steam over a sink of hot water and towel over your head <creating a little tent> Guys skin is a little more resistant I think,and from what I've read here and other places that's why it takes mens skin longer to "age" than ours does.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
btw, this is the castor oil i bought:
http://www.thewaytobalance.com/PRODUCTS/ecp-castorpak.jpg

hopefully its the right one...
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like what I have, but couldn't enlarge the pic. What ratio are you using?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
i tried 50/50 at first, then castor 80/20 for olive, yet, i havent seen much...i guess I will exfoliate like u told me to, thnx for ur help! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |