Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Foundation help???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for a good liquid foundation that I can buy at a department store such as Dillards or Macy's. I don't want to pay more than $35.00 (give or take a dollar or two)

I would like decent amount of coverage. The only place I wear it is on my chin because I am having some acne issues as result of another makeup I had used. I would also like it to be long lasting and not greasy.

Thanks!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
It really is down to personal choice when it comes to chosing a good foundation.
I would suggest going around several make-up counters, have a consultaion and get some samples first before you buy.
Counters you may want to try: MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Chanel......I could go on and on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
i don't use liquid foundations anymore but if i did, i would try this new one:

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=72014/Colorstay_makeup_with_SoftFlex_SPF6/Revlon/Liquid/

some good reviews here, but again i have not tried it myself...

also it's about $10-$13 bucks in mass merchandiser stores...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
MAC hyper real foundations are nice. They are light but covers well. Hyper real has that sort of iridescent look to it. I forget how much it is but it is not more then 30 bucks. I am guessing around 25.

You know i have never been able to find a foundation that covers break outs. i just put on my foundation then a cheap concealer stick and just dab it directly over the break out and then with my finger just dab it a couple more times (lightly) and they are covered. Then i just sweep some powder lightly over my face and blush and away i go.
happyinlandofoz
5% products discount

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Make a trip to the nearest Sephora's and ask a clerk to recommoned a foundation for your skin needs. Thats what I did. The sales gal found a perfect match for my complexion. (I had to drive 3 hours to shop at a Sephora's store, but it sure was fun.)
I love that store.
Happy
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
The nearest Sephora is over 4 hours away. I only go like two times a year. MAC foundation made my skin feel like bugs were bitting it! My skin is fairly weird Smile
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Are you looking for a foundation just to cover the acne around your chin area? Just a suggestion, but if this is the case, maybe an oil-free concealer would serve you better? For a foundation, the one I like is Estee Lauder's Futurist foundation. It feels very light and natural, doesn't emphasize pore size, and coverage is medium. But I would highly recommend going to one of the dept. stores and asking the sales associates at the makeup counters for some suggestions. Just don't let 'em talk you into buying something your not completely satisfied with! That's why I usually try to stay away from those stores and why I wish there was a Sephora closer to me, too Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |