Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
City Lips vs. LipFusion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone prefer City Lips over LipFusion?

I just bought a couple colors of the City Lips (since it was only $10) and I am finding that I (GASP.....in shock) like it better than LipFusion.

I find when I use it overnight, I get a more noticeable plump than LipFusion. I like the texture more (silkier...not as sticky). I like the stuble colors. But most of all...I love the intense prickly tingle I get from City Lips. In fact, it's almost addicting!

Since I've only been using it for 2 days, I was wondering what others have thought of City Lips when used longer. What were your results after using it for 30 days....as recommended?

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have Lip Fusion and love it...but I love $10.00 bargains just as much....which colors did you get???

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
Does anyone prefer City Lips over LipFusion?

I find when I use it overnight, I get a more noticeable plump than LipFusion. I like the texture more (silkier...not as sticky). I like the stuble colors. But most of all...I love the intense prickly tingle I get from City Lips. In fact, it's almost addicting!

Lori

That "intense prickly" feeling are the irritants they use to make the lips swell. Like Cinnamon or something. I didn't that really. But most of the plumpers with the irritants usually had a really sticky, flypaper effect and that was why I had always preferred the LF. BUT the irritants did make my lips a bit more plump and a bit of color from the blood rushing to my lips.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just got mine in the mail....thank you so much for the tip! I think mine is called lush vegas, a sort of silvery-shimmery-purple. I have never tried Lipfusion but Citylips is good stuff as far as I'm concerned.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I got Brrrlin and Bareclona. Love them both!!!

I don't think City Lips has irritants. It's not painful.

Ajax....how long have you used City Lips? What were the results like after 30 days?

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I used the clear city lips for awhile and hated it. It dried out my lips and make me feel very tight when I would talk. It also made my lipstick bleed more so- even if I had worn city lips the night before.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I tried the clear treatment last year. It definitely made my lips plumper and smoother. I used it religiously and I did see the difference. Sadly, as soon as I stopped using it, the results faded shortly thereafter. I still think it is good product.

Another one I really liked was by Physicians Choice...or wait...Physicians Formula(?) It was $60 and a definite impulse buy. However, it really plumped my lips!! At $60, tho, a temporary "plump"just couldn't be justified! Crying or Very sad

I've been using the DMAE by Skinactives but so far I can't say I see anydifference. I do use vit C serum on them and even Okusil at night. Smooths them beautifully! Wink Maybe I use too many different things! I seem to have a "more is MORE" tendency!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I've got it!!! it's Physicians COMPLEX!! Found it at Drugstore.com Still $60. Still too much. Good ingredients though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I used City Lips for almost two full months and didn’t get any noticeable results, immediate or cumulative, so I returned mine to Sephora and swapped it for another topical plumper whose name completely escapes me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
I tried the clear treatment last year. It definitely made my lips plumper and smoother. I used it religiously and I did see the difference. Sadly, as soon as I stopped using it, the results faded shortly thereafter. I still think it is good product.

Another one I really liked was by Physicians Choice...or wait...Physicians Formula(?) It was $60 and a definite impulse buy. However, it really plumped my lips!! At $60, tho, a temporary "plump"just couldn't be justified! Crying or Very sad

I've been using the DMAE by Skinactives but so far I can't say I see anydifference. I do use vit C serum on them and even Okusil at night. Smooths them beautifully! Wink Maybe I use too many different things! I seem to have a "more is MORE" tendency!!

You use Okusil on your lips???

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
hahaha!!! yes, I'm loopy, I know! Laughing But the argireline really smooths them out....plus the Okusil has all the other good stuff in it as well(DMAE, etc.)

What the heck??

I do moisturize them as well as the Okusil can be drying somewhat. I have Emu oil that I press into my skin at night on top of whatever I use(SMALL amount is all you need)and it really leaves them looking good the next morning.

I experiment alot. Who knows what I am really doing, Rolling Eyes but if it works it works!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |