Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Holistic Treatment for Giardia????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to help my mom...

Does anyone out there have a recommendation for a hollistic treatment for Giardia? My parents are temporarily staying in a cabin b/c their home burned and they lost everything. They are in the process of finding a rental property suitable for my disabled mom. The cabin is in the mountains and the running water is provided by the river it sits along. We have always (for 50+ years) boiled the water to disinfect it for drinking and since the area is now more populated this might not suffice to make it drinkable. (We are also in the process of looking for a purification system to install so this can never be an issue).

Anyway, my mom has all the symptoms of Giardia and she recalls that she may have drank tap water by accident (it's very probable that my parents miscommunicated about whether some water had been boiled or not). She called her physician (within an HMO...) who is located more than 150 miles away across a mountain pass and bad winter roads. Her obstinate doctor (who has never taken the time to review her extensive medical record and almost put her on a drug she is deathly alergic to) refused to call in a prescription to treat her Giardia. It would be a week before she could even get to the city where this doc is located. My mom is in chronic pain and has other health problems going on. This situation is kind of the straw that breaks the camels back for her. She constantly struggles with her doctors for sufficient treatment for all of her conditions. She is already so depressed about her health and losing all of her treasured possesions and this just tips it off!

So, Please, if you can help let me know!!!

Thank you!

P.S. I was thinking something along the lines of Grapefruit Seed Extract and Garlic...

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
for pets the only thing is antibiotics...not sure about humans

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
There are many herbs that are good at killing parasites. Do a search on google for "parasite cleanse" and you'll have tons of information to sift through - just do a lot of research and be careful what you recommend.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Ooops... I thought I was initially posting this in the Lounge forum.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I've tried so many key words besides "parasite cleanse" on google. Duh.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |