Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
HELP!!! I"M USING OBAGI!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Deanna
5% products discount

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased this product. I read the instruction. I started to use this on Sunday night Jan 14, 06. Today Jan 20, 06. I'm in pain. My face is red and peeled off. Which I can feel the difference. I have been doing Blender Tretinoin like every other day. I have a black spots on my checks and for head. What else I can use to confort my face. Also Should I tone down and do the Blender Tretinoin and CORRECT Clear every other day. Please advice??????? Blow is the stuff I have.
Foaming Gel Cleanser
Toner

Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender
Tretinoin
Eye Cream (optional)
Sunblock as neede Obagi Comfort Gel

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Deanne,

I would strongly urge you to consult with your dermatologist or whoemever is monitoring your progress with Obagi. From what I understand the first few months can be quite difficult with redness, burning, peeling and the like. Visitwww.obagi.com and look for a link to their forum. Obagi users tend to help one another with questions and support on the forum. In the meantime you may want to try putting some OTC hydrocortisone cream on the areas of irritation and back off using the blender and tretinoin. Please call your prescribing doctors office. Hope you get along ok. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Deanna,

I used Obagi under a dermatalogists supervision for over a year and it was truly my change your life product. It is normal to have red ,peeling skin and in my opinion all part of what makes Obagi work so great. I was never prescribed the clear so honestly am not sure how much that contributes to the peeling.

Obagi is a serious skin restoration systme and I hope you are using it under a doctors supervision. If not and you find the burning to be too strong I would suggest you try backing off using the products only three times per week. Especially the blender and tretinoin. It is also an option to lower the percentage of your tretinoin. I hope this helps and stick with the product if you can, the results really are amazing. Also do NOT put any other product on your skin right not , try using the comfort cream to tame down the redness. The worst of the system is the first six weeks then your skin will calm down.

Good luck, PM me if I can be of any further help.

Sherri
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Deanna:

Please be very careful with Obagi's products. As Lifeplyr01 said and what Sherri did - consult and use it under a dermatologist's supervision.
I've never used the line but for last 5 years I saw my sister-in-law's skin from oily to normal to super dry by using it. She used it under Dr. OBAGI's supervision!!! Obagi did Blue Peel on her try to remove bad acne scars she had. OMG you should see her face for the 1st 10 days. Scary!! After the peel her skin DID look very, very good for about 6 months but after that her skin looked about the same as before the peel. Her skin became very thin after the peel. She puts on at least SPF 30 sunscreen twice daily but her skin gets so sensitive to the sun. Till now I don't have courage to use Obagi even I heard so many good review about it. BTW, she got many broken capillaries from using Obagi too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I also used obagi regime after a consultation with dr obagi. I never got over the peeling, flaky, redness, breakouts etc. My hyperpigmentation didn't improve after using the products diligently for 4 months. My normal skin became super sensitive and thin even after stopping obagi. My face remained easily flushed for 6 months Sad

Sat May 24, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
hi there.i have been using obagi. its my 5th day and my skin is so dry to the point that i am getting small cuts/wounds around my mouth.it is so painful.i cant stand it. i am using petroleum jelly all over my face. is that okay? i want to discountinue using it coz i dont like what i see on my face. it looks like i have burns. please help me...
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Deanna - if you are under a dermatologist, go back to them and see if you can reduce the retin-a (tretinoin) until your face has become used to it.

If you are doing this on your own instead of every other day, try every 2 or 3 days as some of the members on this forum have done.

Also Obagi Action really calms yours skin, and go through the obagi forum.

When I first started my face was extremly tight it hurt to eat and my face was so crinkled I looked like I had doubled in age.

Now, 11 weeks on i cannot stop looking in the mirror my face is so clear, plump and radiant.

Keep going....its worth it.
ctorrefranca

Sat May 24, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone

I am just wondering what is the effect if i stop using obagi. i cant take the pain and the discomfort. my face is still red and is still peeling. and there are little wounds around like I am being scratched by a cat. please help. if I discontinue it will my face go back to its original skin? thanks..
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Deanna:

Please be very careful with Obagi's products. As Lifeplyr01 said and what Sherri did - consult and use it under a dermatologist's supervision.
I've never used the line but for last 5 years I saw my sister-in-law's skin from oily to normal to super dry by using it. She used it under Dr. OBAGI's supervision!!! Obagi did Blue Peel on her try to remove bad acne scars she had. OMG you should see her face for the 1st 10 days. Scary!! After the peel her skin DID look very, very good for about 6 months but after that her skin looked about the same as before the peel. Her skin became very thin after the peel. She puts on at least SPF 30 sunscreen twice daily but her skin gets so sensitive to the sun. Till now I don't have courage to use Obagi even I heard so many good review about it. BTW, she got many broken capillaries from using Obagi too.

I am doing Obagi with my own...w/o doctor's supervision,.. When i read this, I got scared...Should I stop using obagi??
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Deanna wrote:
I have purchased this product. I read the instruction. I started to use this on Sunday night Jan 14, 06. Today Jan 20, 06. I'm in pain. My face is red and peeled off. Which I can feel the difference. I have been doing Blender Tretinoin like every other day. I have a black spots on my checks and for head. What else I can use to confort my face. Also Should I tone down and do the Blender Tretinoin and CORRECT Clear every other day. Please advice??????? Blow is the stuff I have.
Foaming Gel Cleanser
Toner

Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender
Tretinoin
Eye Cream (optional)
Sunblock as neede Obagi Comfort Gel

Questions: You have black spots from Obagi or you are using obagi to fix the black spots?

Questions:
What cleanser are you using? Avoid ingredients with AHA in it. When using Retin A skin is sensitive and alot of products sting the skin. (just saw you use the nuderm cleaner - my bad).

Instructions:
AM :
1. Wash face, dab dry. wait for face to be dry like 5 mins?
2. Apply toner wait till dry - 5mins
3. Apply Clear wait till dry - 5mins
4. Apply sunblock.

PM.
1. Wash face, dab dry. wait for face to be dry like 5 mins?
2. Apply toner wait till dry - 5mins
3. Apply Clear wait till dry - 5mins
4. Mix Blender #5 with Retin A/Tretinoin - same parts.
5. Apply on to face and neck.

- Do not spot treat on those black spots.
- Less is MORE, do not be over zealous.

If face is red, skip the Blender #5 and retin A, follow the AM procedure.

-----------------------------------
I did Obagi by myself,I used it for about 1 year and I just went off Obagi and retin A 100%

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
Deanna:

I am doing Obagi with my own...w/o doctor's supervision,.. When i read this, I got scared...Should I stop using obagi??

Blue peel is very strong and it is administered by Derms.

The Blender/Retin A treatment is meant to be done in a cycle after that switch to manteinance cycle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mrspiggy"]
azumma wrote:
[Blue peel is very strong and it is administered by Derms.

The Blender/Retin A treatment is meant to be done in a cycle after that switch to manteinance cycle.

mrspiggy, Generally, how long can I use Blender/Retin A treatment?? Also when I apply Blender/Retin A treatment, do I have to apply them separately or mixed (I mean mixed two creams before applying)???? Question I am still waiting my Retin A cream... Sad
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
[quote="azumma"]
mrspiggy wrote:
azumma wrote:
[Blue peel is very strong and it is administered by Derms.

mrspiggy, Generally, how long can I use Blender/Retin A treatment?? Also when I apply Blender/Retin A treatment, do I have to apply them separately or mixed (I mean mixed two creams before applying)???? Question I am still waiting my Retin A cream... Sad

I mix 1" of Retin A and 1" of Blender #5, equal portion. Mix in on the back of my palm into a combined mixture and apply it on my face.

Obagi products like sun fader, blender and clear have 4% hydroquinone in them which cannot be used for over 4-6 months.

So after 12 weeks, switch to use retinA with Blender or Clear once or twice a week as maintenance only.
Remember to use sunblock daily, as RetinA and hydroquinone makes skin more prone to sun damage/sensitive to sun.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
mrspiggy, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! Laughing
Desinda
5% products discount

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Deanna;

How are you doing now? You should be well on your way. Stick with it, you will peel from time to time and you will be red. But if you stick with it, you will have fantastic results!
helloamy

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I am about to start obagi and i am doing it without a doctor's supervision. How long did your skin peel? I do not have sensitive skin and when did you start wearing makeup again and what kind of makeup? Also, I have about six weeks before I go back to school will my skin be manageable or will I still look sunburned and peeling? If any of you have any advice about the peeling and stuff and how to manage that, any advice would be great.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
helloamy wrote:
Hi I am about to start obagi and i am doing it without a doctor's supervision. How long did your skin peel? I do not have sensitive skin and when did you start wearing makeup again and what kind of makeup? Also, I have about six weeks before I go back to school will my skin be manageable or will I still look sunburned and peeling? If any of you have any advice about the peeling and stuff and how to manage that, any advice would be great.

i have been using Obagi for more than 3 years, now in maintenance program. i am very satisfied with the result!
i remembered that my skin turned red and dry on the first few days, but i did not have a serious flaking period. so, i could put make up as usual.
in fact, different ppl have different reactions.
good luck!
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking about starting the Obagi program. My question is I am getting married in November and would like to know how long the peeling/redness process is?
If I was to start in the next few weeks would my face look good for my November wedding?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I think so . PPL have different reactions but in 4 month, you will be ok,I assume. I am now on 12 weeks and I look ugly right now because I scrathed alot on my peeling area. Other than that, my skin tone got much better than before.
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!~

Well I started the Obagi nu-derm system last week. From what I'm reading, I was expecting the worst. But so far, not too bad. First two days, nothing happened. Day three is when I started turning red and peeling. My face became very sensitive to warm water and even touching it. But it wasn't so bad that I thought my face was on fire. So since day three to now, I'm peeling is a few spots and slightly red. I think it also has to do with the tretinion. The dosage is only 0.025%. I have a big event to go to in October and hope the peeling stops by then.

Side note... I don't even try putting on make up. Makeup doesn't hide the red or peeling, it makes it worse.
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
oh... boy! It's not the afternoon and i looked into the mirror and i am peeling really bad! i look like i drooled on myself and it just dried up. Sad
helloamy

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I finally started the Obagi today and I was wondering if you have to use the tretinoin? Also I bought the Obagi online and it doesn't come with tretinoin should I just go and get a prescription from my doctor or is not the same as the Obagi tretinoin?
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
In the past (probably for only a week), I did the same regime as mrspiggy with out the tretinoin. However, it did nothing, I looked the same, no redness, no nothing. So once I got the tretinoin, I just added it to my routine with the blender, and i do this daily, i started to peel. I was so glad when something started happening to my face, but now, i'm a little sad at all the peeling. haha never happy eh?
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
AFter reading the posts above from different OBAGI satisfied or non-satisfied customers, it boils down that every person has different results.

Other's have wonderful results hence they say continue using it, other's don't have good results.

I think it should be wise that before one begins a skin care regiment such as this, with lots of different creams/solutions etc., to always be in a supervision of a dermatologists or a professional medical doctor or professional/licensed aestheticians. And be aware that it may or may not have the best results or even just the regular results one is expecting.

Buying these products is a lot of money, time consuming and it would really be a waste if one is not satisfied at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
helloamy wrote:
I finally started the Obagi today and I was wondering if you have to use the tretinoin? Also I bought the Obagi online and it doesn't come with tretinoin should I just go and get a prescription from my doctor or is not the same as the Obagi tretinoin?

I started the Obagi full regime without Tretinoin cream for 7 weeks but nothing happened...No redness, no peeling, no improvement, no fading my freckles...only skin tone got smooth. I wasted whole 7 weeks. Pleae get the Tretinoin cream and start OBAGI with tretinoin cream...Otherwise Obagi Nuder system doesn't work
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |