Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP!!! I"M USING OBAGI!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
SFVera wrote:
kims wrote:
You're most welcome!!

I remember when I first started Nuderm, I didn't have the retin a, yet I peeled with just using the other products, too. This is strong stuff!

Nuderm is great for hyperpigmentation. I've been on maintenance for about a year and I really think that the continued use of a good sunscreen and Clear (2-3 times per week) are what's keeping my skin in pretty good condition.

Hi Kim,

I spoke with my dr today and he said if I'm more comfortable using the Trentinonin twice a week at first rather than 3x that is fine. He also said I could use the 45 SPF moisturizer instead of the Obagi SPF 35 sunscreen when I'm going to be outside for extended periods and a light moisturizer if the peeling is too severe during the day. But I used the Obagi 35 SPF today b/c I was outside for hours and it really helped smooth the appearance of the peeling.

I'm interested in your maintenance program, you only use the clear and sunscreen? Not the whole system 2-3x a week? Do you use any other products to remove dead skin cells, etc.?

Again, thanks so much for your help.

Hi SFVera,
I don't use all of the Obagi products while on maintenance. I usually use Clear, Exfoderm Forte, Blender/Retin a 2-3x per week. This is what works for me. I think each person kind of needs to find an individualized protocol to follow.

I also like to use other products on my "off" days. For exfoliation, I use my Clarisonic and I use NCN's Pumpkin Peel once every 2-3 weeks. It smells absolutely yummy!

I'm always trying different cleansers -- so nothing's set in stone there. And, I also like using jojoba oil or grape seed oil once in awhile as well -- especially under my eyes.

And, of course, a daily sunscreen. I like Burnout or NIA24.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
I have been using Obagi NuDerm system for 3 weeks now, and just today received the Obagi C serum that I ordered, I got the 20% for my face and the 5% for around my eyes. Will let you know what I think after I use it for awhile.
I am having a hard time also staying away from moisturizer, but I know they say to try not to use it. If I do need it, I do have the Obagi Action and I use a tiny amount of that to help with the flakies.

Hi Buffy45,
I think you'll be happy you added Vit C to the mix. That's the one item I'm missing right now. It's on my list of things to purchase on my next EDS order!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Talked to the nurse about the dryness driving me nuts and she had me come by the office and get Obagi Clenziderm therapeutic moisturizer, said I can use that freely with my NuDerm system but not to use Action as that would "stop" the action of my system.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
maybe the redness and peel is caused by Tretinoin cream . i started the Obagi full regime without Tretinoin cream , and no peel, only a little redness.
InSweetTime
5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin. I tried Retin A a few years back but never made it past the first week. I get Revitalight treatments at a local spa who also offers Obagi. With Refissa (emollient based Retin A), she thinks I will be able to tolerate it better. Which is the better option: To start the complete program with a lesser retinol like ROC or start with the Refissa and add the Exfoderm a few weeks down the road? Does anyone use their personal red LED? If so which one? Thanks!
SFVera
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi SFVera,
I don't use all of the Obagi products while on maintenance. I usually use Clear, Exfoderm Forte, Blender/Retin a 2-3x per week. This is what works for me. I think each person kind of needs to find an individualized protocol to follow.

I also like to use other products on my "off" days. For exfoliation, I use my Clarisonic and I use NCN's Pumpkin Peel once every 2-3 weeks. It smells absolutely yummy!

I'm always trying different cleansers -- so nothing's set in stone there. And, I also like using jojoba oil or grape seed oil once in awhile as well -- especially under my eyes.

And, of course, a daily sunscreen. I like Burnout or NIA24.

Great info. I had planned to use the Obagi system 2-3x a week for maintenance but wanted to use other products that I really like on the off days. I'll look at NCN's pumpkin peel.

I'm at week two and there is already a real difference. The discoloration on my chin and the area under my eyebrows is definitely fading fast. Where the skin has peeled on my cheeks the discoloration is gone. Also, using the Obagi SPF 35 during the day really helps with the flaking.

I'm one happy camper! Smile
SFVera
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Talked to the nurse about the dryness driving me nuts and she had me come by the office and get Obagi Clenziderm therapeutic moisturizer, said I can use that freely with my NuDerm system but not to use Action as that would "stop" the action of my system.

Did you use the Obagi SPF 35? I've been using it and it has helped a lot with the dryness during the day. I wouldn't mind using a moisturizer at night so I would appreciate hearing how the Clenziderm works for you.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
I thought Cleziderm is for Acne skin. Aren't they? Question
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SFVera,
Sounds like things are really happening with you. It's so great when you start to see changes after all the redness and flakiness! Surprised

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all the support that you ladies have provided on this forum!

I'm on my 4th day of my nu derm and was going to quit but you all gave me the insight to allow me to press on.

I do have a few questions for all you experienced users:

In addition to the peeling and dryness, I also have small pumps where I'm not peeling. Almost like an allergic reaction. I used hydrocortisone to treat it. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I plan to cut down on the # of times a week i use the blender/tren. So on the off nights, what do you use after the clear?

Thanks!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
babyjae wrote:
Thank you so much for all the support that you ladies have provided on this forum!

I'm on my 4th day of my nu derm and was going to quit but you all gave me the insight to allow me to press on.

In addition to the peeling and dryness, I also have small pumps where I'm not peeling. Almost like an allergic reaction. I used hydrocortisone to treat it. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I plan to cut down on the # of times a week i use the blender/tren. So on the off nights, what do you use after the clear?

Thanks!

Hi Babyjae,
It does sound like you might have had an allergic reaction to something. Is the hydrocortisone helping? If the bumps continue, you might check with your derm.

On the evenings you're not using the Blender/Tret, you don't need to use anything after the Clear.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
To use Obagi products, you must use this under doctor's supervision.

I am sorry about your sister's encounter with Obagi. I am a believer of Obagi products and have been using since 2002. When you sister used the Obagi products, did she use Obagi or stop using Obagi? Once you started using Obagi products, you need to maintain the results. Also very important is sunscreen of at least 50SPF, not lower. Also avoid sun's exposure.
But of course, you need to take care of what you eat too...

MACrisis wrote:
Deanna:

Please be very careful with Obagi's products. As Lifeplyr01 said and what Sherri did - consult and use it under a dermatologist's supervision.
I've never used the line but for last 5 years I saw my sister-in-law's skin from oily to normal to super dry by using it. She used it under Dr. OBAGI's supervision!!! Obagi did Blue Peel on her try to remove bad acne scars she had. OMG you should see her face for the 1st 10 days. Scary!! After the peel her skin DID look very, very good for about 6 months but after that her skin looked about the same as before the peel. Her skin became very thin after the peel. She puts on at least SPF 30 sunscreen twice daily but her skin gets so sensitive to the sun. Till now I don't have courage to use Obagi even I heard so many good review about it. BTW, she got many broken capillaries from using Obagi too.
babyjae

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks kims! As expected the allergic rxn went away after awhile.

I love the results so far. It's only been 2 weeks but I can see the age spots fading away. I've even stopped using foundation. And my skin feels so soft!

Again, thanks!

kims wrote:
babyjae wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Babyjae,
It does sound like you might have had an allergic reaction to something. Is the hydrocortisone helping? If the bumps continue, you might check with your derm.

On the evenings you're not using the Blender/Tret, you don't need to use anything after the Clear.
SFVera
5% products discount

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims,

Great news!! I saw my derm today, four weeks since starting Obagi. He was very pleased, as am I. The hyperpigmentation on the arch under my eyebrows is completely gone! The hyperpigmention on my forehead, cheek bone area and chin are over 75% gone! My cheeks, which interestingly enough weren't as dark as the other areas, aren't doing as well, maybe b/c the hyperpigmentation is spread across a larger area. They are noticeably lighter generally and clear in some areas but nowhere near as clear as the other areas. That is o.k. he estimates that in another four weeks my cheeks will be clear too.

He got a look at the peeling today and said it should slow down or stop completely in a couple of weeks. I sure hope so b/c the peeling is sooo gross. He said I definitely can use the Neutrogena moisturizer with the 45 SPF to help with the flakes and peeling.

Thanks for your support and great info! I'm a confirmed Obagi gal from now on.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Babyjae and SFVera,
Sounds like both of you are having great results in a very short period of time! That's amazing. It took me nearly 3 months of using Obagi before I noticed any real changes.

And...since the weather has turned a bit cooler here, I had gotten a little lazy with my sunscreen. BIG MISTAKE!!! Sat outside at my daughter's soccer games on a sunny afternoon and woke up the next day to a smattering of freckles across my forehead!! Mad

So...I'm now doing a six-week stint of Nuderm in the hopes of correcting the spots. I'm hoping that it won't take any longer!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
the skin red and even peel is normal for useing obagi, it means it is now working on your skin, and help the college rebuild. You need not comfort, except your skin is serious peel.
SFVera
5% products discount

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
We'll be in the Caribbean for two weeks right after Thanksgiving. We go every year and I always use a 60 SPF sunblock and still get freckles. This year b/c I'm using Obagi which makes your skin even more sensitive to sun I am looking for suggestions of which sunblocks/SPF levels have worked best for those using Obagi.

I have the Obagi sunblock 35 SPF but I know I'll need a higher SPF.

Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
SFVera wrote:
We'll be in the Caribbean for two weeks right after Thanksgiving. We go every year and I always use a 60 SPF sunblock and still get freckles. This year b/c I'm using Obagi which makes your skin even more sensitive to sun I am looking for suggestions of which sunblocks/SPF levels have worked best for those using Obagi.

I have the Obagi sunblock 35 SPF but I know I'll need a higher SPF.

Thanks!

Get a physical (zinc) sunscreen spf 30. That should protect you well, and wear a hat!
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, who can recommend me another brand Retin A? because now the obagi Retin A is expensive and i want to instead of. XXX!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
Hello everyone, who can recommend me another brand Retin A? because now the obagi Retin A is expensive and i want to instead of. XXX!

AllDayChemist sells it really cheap.
SFVera
5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Get a physical (zinc) sunscreen spf 30. That should protect you well, and wear a hat!

The Obagi sun block has zinc and is 35 SPF, so I guess it will work. LOL, I always wear a hat and get that funny little non-tanned line across my forehead. Thanks!
SFVera
5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:

Walgreens sells Retin A for around $50 but if you have a Walgreens card it drops to $32. The card costs $20 a year and you can get discounts on prescription meds not covered by your insurance and 10% back on Walgreens brand purchases.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

AllDayChemist sells it really cheap.

thanks! And could you recoomend me a brand for Retin A? Are all brand works the same ?
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
SFVera wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

Walgreens sells Retin A for around $50 but if you have a Walgreens card it drops to $32. The card costs $20 a year and you can get discounts on prescription meds not covered by your insurance and 10% back on Walgreens brand purchases.

thanks very much. I will have a try.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
SFVera wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

Not without a prescription at least in the US they can't!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |