Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)
1,000 Hour Lash Tint
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lyztini

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I'm new to this site and I keep reading posts about the 1,000 hour lash tint. What is it and where can I buy it. I followed a link that was posted on the site but the content was no longer on the site. Is this something you make?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine from
http://www.1000hour.com.au./

also, when I use it I use a tiny tiny paint brush to apply the tint. It works great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Lyztini wrote:
...I keep reading posts about the 1,000 hour lash tint. What is it and where can I buy it.
You can read more about it here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7546&highlight=1000+hours

5% products discount

Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lyztini,

1000 Hour Lash Tint, is actually an eyelash permanent dye that you can use at home. A DIY eyelash tint! I haven't used it myself as yet, but many people think it's great. I still have my lashes tinted at a beauty therapists, but have considered buying this product many many times.
If you do decide to use it, and you haven't ever had your lashes dyed before, it might be a good idea to have your first tint at a qualified beauty therapists, because they use a few little tips that might help you get a better home result...ie) They always smooth vasaline very close to the lash line top and bottom with a cotton bud to avoid "Rackoon eyes" or seepage/spillage. Anyway, only a suggestion. Whatever you decide, good luck and keep us posted.....anything that you do that is positive or negative can be good tips for us all.

Happy trails and also Happy Chinese New Year to you all!

Cheers, Jo
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
can someone please PM me which NZ site to get this from please? I've seen a few and would like to use the same one the majority here use.

thanks very much

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
can someone tell me where i can get this ?
happygolucky
5% products discount

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOh this sounds good. I hope they get it here!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
After years of hearing nothing but great reviews Im going to finally purchase it, as my other tints are almost finished. Hopefully this will be just as good.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pal - I've used this for a long while - at least a year or so and it does bring out the definition of your lashes by darkening them - I strongly suggest getting the blue-black tint as it is glossier than the all black which (as I understand) is more matte and not as nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Oh darn it, another lemming!

I never would have thought to order blue black. Thanks for mentioning that sister sweets. How often to do you have to dye?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Pal - I've used this for a long while - at least a year or so and it does bring out the definition of your lashes by darkening them - I strongly suggest getting the blue-black tint as it is glossier than the all black which (as I understand) is more matte and not as nice.

Thanks sister sweets Smile
I have the blue black in my current brand and was planning on getting the same one from the 1000 hour tint, so thank you for confirming its the best way to go. Smile
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="GirlieGirl"]Oh darn it, another lemming!
quote]

Its the one and only bad thing about reading this forum...all the damn leemmings!! Laughing
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:

Its the one and only bad thing about reading this forum...all the damn leemmings!! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing ITA!
christinab77
5% products discount

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Where is the best site to order this from? I'm in Canada.

thanks!
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
If your lashes are already black but not very dark (fine and soft black?) will it help darken them/make them look thicker?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
This product does not make lashes thicker. It does give a darker look - particularly on the tips where they tend to be lighter. In doing so they tend to stand out more. Can't say this makes them look thicker.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
It doesn't make them thicker,just makes them look alittle longer because the tips of the lashes have color on them,and the blue/black does make mine glossier.But the only thing that made mine linger and thicker was Notch eye lash serum.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Here is the link to their site

http://www.1000hour.com/eyelashdyekits.html

In Australia

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp?id=52692&pname=1000+Hour+Eyelash+%26+Brow+Dye+Kit+-+Blue%2FBlack

In NZ

http://store.pharmacy-nz.com/EyeLashandBrowTint.html

HTH
DM Smile

5% products discount

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I'm placing my order right now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
christinab77 wrote:
Thanks! I'm placing my order right now.

Glad it helped Smile

DM

Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I wish they had a 'maybe' on would buy again. Definitely not a OMG I MUST HAVE.

I ordered the blue/black from the AU site - and paid $25 including the shipping. It took 9 days to arrive. The ONLY communication I received was from PayPal confirming payment. Based on the reviews here, I trusted everything would arrive.

I had 'nourished' my eyelashes the day before with olive oil and I went without eye make-up for two days to make sure they were bare. I was also showering and washing my eyes with make-up remover both days.

I have green eyes, darkish brown thin lashes with light tips. I have been using Latisse (Careprost) for 8 weeks, and have moderate length lashes, with moderate thickness (several rows).

I applied the Vaseline the area around my eyes, finding it almost impossible NOT to get the Vaseline on the lashes. I used a eyeshadow sponge with a pointy tip for the Vaseline. After mixing half an inch of dye and 5 drops of developer, I used a cleaned mascara wand to apply the dye, and a 10X mirror to help with the detail, applying several coats. After mixing, the dye was a gel consistency and easy to work with. You do notice the 'blue' in the tint. I didn't have any problems with fumes or stinging, and I didn't get any in my eyes.

I washed the dye off and eh... No big whoop... I put on my makeup and needed just as much mascara for lengthening and volume.

Thinking perhaps I had the tint drops vs dye ratio wrong, or had more Vaseline on my lashes than I noticed, I decided to do it again.

This time I skipped the Vaseline step ... and braved it with a q-tip and Vaseline next to me for clean-up if needed. I figured I manage to put on mascara daily without a lot of oopsies. I made a mental note to not get distracted and to go slowly. I did have a couple of little spots and the Vaseline on the q-tip took care of it right away.

This time I used the full inch of dye plus 10 drops of developer, and applied with the dental spiral brush - amazing little tool for eyelashes! I applied several coats and left on for 15 minutes.

Again - a little darker, the tips aren't blond, but still no big WHOOP... I can't put away the mascara yet. Up close you can tell they are darker. I haven't gotten to look in the natural sunlight, but in a room you have to get really close to me to see it, after I point it out - which I did to my husband and son... No brilliant shine...

It didn't take very long, and wasn't hard at all to handle. If my Latisse off-brand continues to grow length on my lashes, I may try again for the 'WOW' factor. I keep glancing in the mirror hoping for BAM - but just getting 'eh'...

Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 am      Reply with quote
cks - I use those little eye mask shapes (bought them on eBay from Hong Kong I think) and apply vaseline to the back of those and then stick two layers under my eyes. That way you get no vaseline on your lashes and you can slather on the tint (one eye at a time, keeping the eye closed as the tint develops on the lashes). The result for me is glossy black lashes. I never paid attention though to not wearing makeup for a few days before etc. Just took mascara off, applied the tint. Voila!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 4:42 am      Reply with quote
cks - sorry you are not really happy with the tint. I've only used the tint 1 time so far, I'm due to use it again this weekend. I was super happy with my results as I can skip mascara. Now obviously it doesn't thicken or define my lashes like mascara does but for me it darkens them enough for an every day natural look.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
cks wrote:
I wish they had a 'maybe' on would buy again. Definitely not a OMG I MUST HAVE.

I had the same experience. It just didn't seem to do much for my very fine, blondish-brown lashes. I noticed a little darkening, but nothing outstanding. I too, thought that maybe I'd gotten the vasoline on the lashes.

I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago. I noticed another poster recently saying that the color seemed different than before, so I wonder if the formula has changed...
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVED the tint. I learned about it here on EDS and I am so happy I decided to give it a try!

It definitely makes my eyelashes look longer and darker and nicer. But I think part of the success is because the "tips" of my eyelashes are very light. So the tint makes a difference. I would assume that if your eyelashes are naturally dark and don't have lighter "tips" maybe you won't get as much of a change.

I'm still quite clumsy at applying it but I guess at least I did it well enough not to dye my whole undereye area Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |