Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Problems with Bare Minerals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
crazybeautifulgirl5

Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
A few days ago I ordered the Bare Minerals kit. Today I finally got to try it and after I put it on my face was burning and itching. Has this happened to anyone else?
crazybeautifulgirl5

Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone?
Tia R
5% products discount

Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't happen to me, but I do get itchy.

It's from the Bismuth, or some name like that. Make sure you try makeup before you buy it! You may want to take it back and get Jane Iredale, Pure Luxe...or another brand that does not contain Bismuth.

Good luck. Very Happy
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale contains Bismuth other than the liquid. Look down a few posts for my question on JI liquid and a response showes a company that has minerals without Bismuth in it
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Its called larenimwww.larenim and they have samples and will if you e-mail them they will match what you are using to what they have
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I can recommend Pure Luxe. Their minerals don't have bismuth ... and their samples are very reasonable. Plus ... Chris [the owner] is very generous with her samples. Very Happy

If one of her foundations doesn't match exactly, it's fairly easy to come up with a "custom" colour and she'll mix it for you. She'll even add corn starch if your skin is very oily.

I find the coverage to be very good ... and she has a "cream" version of her foundation which some prefer for ease of application. Her minerals don't need to be buffed in ... and the learning curve on application is therefore less.

There are lots of mineral makeups out there that don't contain bismuth and which provide very reasonably priced samples.

Good luck

Mary

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |