Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

More natural skin care regime?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moonlitflowers
5% products discount

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
First off I'll give you my skin type and the products I've been using: (Oh and I'm 16 BTW)
------------------
Combination/normal. Minor breakouts in my T-Zone; forehead, nose, chin.

Clean & Clear Deep Clean Cream Cleanser both morning and night

Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Astringent both morning and night

Olay Complete Multi-Radiance Daily Illuminating UV Lotion in the AM and Biore Shine Control Moisturizer in the PM
------------------
My skin looks amazing with what I've been using but I'd really like to start using more natural products instead of using all these chemicals on my face. I tried the OCM with 50/50 EVOO and CO since I have combo skin and thought that an even mix would work well. I broke out like crazy all over my face- even my cheeks where I've never broken out before Shock If I could get some recommendations on what I should use, that would be great. Also, I don't use a scrub because I've got spider veins/broken capillaries all over my cheeks and on the side of my nose. I've heard using an exfoliant can make it worse? Confused Thanks everyone!

Tiana
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I'd recommend trying out a Dr. Hauschka sample pack to see how you do. The cleansign cream is a gentle exfoliant - you press it into your skin instead of scrubbing, so that might be worth a try for you. I also love their rejuvenating mask and cleansing clay mask.
Organic
5% products discount

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiana,

It is good to see that you care about the chemicals that you are using in your skin care. Not that the products you are using are wrong but they are full of potential toxic ingredients that in my opinion can't be good for you.

Anyway I suggest looking for more organic lines of skin care you can find them online or in health food centers. I use products by a company called ONEgroup they are all 100% Organic no synthetics or chemicals at all...(the carry 4 different skin care ranges depending on your skin type).. If you are interested you can go to
www.TheOrganicEdge.com

make sure to request free samples!
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
moonlitflowers,
you might like to try using jojoba oil in the mix...or just jojoba. my understanding is that evoo is good for dryer skin & castor oil tends to be heavy, although a great detoxifier. i've used just jojoba to cleanse & had great results. i've also added a drop of lemon essential oil to the jojoba in my palm before cleansing...lemon is refreshing and great clearing the skin.

i don't usually use the ocm everyday, i tend to prefer alternating between something that exfoliates (ie. dr. h cleansing cream) & the ocm. i like to finish the ocm with a warm (not hot) washcloth (i use eve lom's cloths...they're very thin, almost like muslin or fine-weave cheese cloth) that i wring out & hold on my face for a few seconds and then gently work around with circular movements. repeat process maybe 3 times.

hth.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I think Chimera's idea of purchasing the Dr Hauscka sample pack is a very good idea.
I love the Cleansing Cream, this is my luxury skincare item, although if you like this there is a homemade version on the recipe thread that is every bit as good and a fraction of the cost, here is the link to the thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=0

Witch Hazel makes a fantastic Toner/astringent and I swear by either Jojoba Oil or Grapeseed Oil as a moisturiser (you only need a few drops), the oils also make good make-up removers Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendations everyone! Smile
moonlitflowers
5% products discount

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, clicked submit too soon on my other post Embarassed

I'd love to make my own version of the Dr H. Cleansing Cream but whole almonds nowadays are pretty expensive. Even though my mother works at a health food distributor and get's things at wholesale price, just 1lb of almonds costs $10. I highly doubt that's enough to equal 150 for the recipe. I'd be spending $20 or more just on the almonds! Shock Maybe the bulk bins at Henry's would be cheaper...Anyways, how does this regime sound?:

OCM (mix of jojoba oil, castor oil, bergamot essential oil, ylang ylang essential oil, geranium, lemon essential oil) followed by Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream either homemade or store bought, ACV toner, Vitamin C Serum (my friend works at a derm so she's getting me a 25% serum for free Smile), sunscreen, and jojoba oil as a moisturizer
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, 150 almonds makes a lot of c.c. and I think when I made mine I used less than that. I bought a 1 lb. bag for under $7 (not organic though). But even at $10, you're going to save. The c.c. is about $20 and you don't get nearly as much in the tube as you will when you make your own. Smile

Definately try Henry's. I got mine at Trader Joes.
moonlitflowers
5% products discount

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
Actually, 150 almonds makes a lot of c.c. and I think when I made mine I used less than that. I bought a 1 lb. bag for under $7 (not organic though). But even at $10, you're going to save. The c.c. is about $20 and you don't get nearly as much in the tube as you will when you make your own. Smile

Definately try Henry's. I got mine at Trader Joes.

I'll probably be stopping by there next week. My mother has to order all of the essential oils and regular oils from her work first so that way I'll have everything I need all at once. Let's hope my new little regime works!!
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, and let us know how it all works out. Very Happy
moonlitflowers
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:48 am      Reply with quote
One last thing- how many drops of each essential oil should I put in my mixes? I'll probably be using on average, 3-4 oils.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |