Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need some advice my skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am 25 years old male that needs some advice to get clear skin. Ever since high school in 98 i slowly started to break out more. In high school i was clear. My skin is sensitive. Right now im using Murad moisture rich cleanser with Murad Clarifying Toner with weekly purifying face scrub. Its working pretty good and i have broken out much less but i dont know it just seems thats its not the full 100% clear. More like 80% clear. Like i have blemeshes but my face is smooth. Any advice or suggestions? I also need advice on how to get rid of blackheads on my nose. My nose looks like its rough because of the blackheads but its smooth.. Thats confusing

I have tried other murad products such as the Essential C-cleanser and Renewing cleansing cream. They both didnt work. Only Moisture Rich cleanser was the best.. Any help or advice appreciate it..
Joeybella
5% products discount

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi MixCD,

My name is Joanne. I never had one single pimple in my life, until I started suffering a lot of stress at around my early to mid 20's (now 34). I tried so many things, but unfortunately my problem is that when a spot clears up, I am always left with a ugly brown mark caused by an over production of melanin in the skin (similar to apple that browns after it's cut). Of course I tried a thousand things, and am not joking when I tell you that over the years I've spent somewhere in the vicinity of $10,000 odd AUD on skincare, treatments etc...The only thing that I have ever found that has worked for me is a product called Obagi. I originally bought it from a cosmetic surgeon in Melbourne, but found that he was ripping me off badddddd!, so now I buy it from EDS. Basically the product works by sprucing up the process of new skin formation. There are a few products that you need to use and also a product called Tretinoin that you need to order from your doctor .05%. Go to the obagi.com website and have a read about the Nu-derm range and look at some pics etc.., and maybe consider giving that a go. You need to stick with it for about 4 or so months (your first lot of product should last long, as you only use a tiny amount) , and if you are using it correctly you will have an initial period of peeling, almost like a bad sunburn, this lasts for about 1 or 2 weeks, whilst the old skin is being sloghed away. You will be left with smaller pores, finer and tighter looking skin. The difference is unbelievable, and I can say this, because I have used it and seen it, however when I stopped using it, the problem came back, so I am currently going through it all again. I am in the full on peeling phase at the moment. It is a little uncomfortable, but it works. Also check out the Obagi thread that we have going on the product review page. Whatever you decide, good luck mate, bad skin sux and is costly!!

Cheers, Jo
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mix,

Welcome! Personally, I think starting off with Obagi might be a bit extreme and costly....sorry Jo! Plus, I have heard a few people say that it made their sensitive skin even worse...for months!!

How sensitive is your skin? What is your routine right now?

Here are some of my thoughts...and I have tried this stuff on my 28 yr old SO (he also has blackheads and a few pimples but his skin is not too sensitive).

1) ACV toner for am and pm (look up recipe on DIY thread). (oh, ACV = apple cider toner) The mix I use is simple just green tea and ACV but make sure you read about what %'s b/c ACV can dry out your skin. Read posts by Carekate she can give you the entire run down.

2) Aspirin mask (again you will find recipe on DIY thread and should also read/research this to make sure it does not bother your skin…..and don’t do it if you are allergic to aspirin).

3) Vitamin C serum for daily use….my SO uses Anthony’s and really likes it. It has cleared up his skin so nicely!!

4) Glycolic acid (something under/at 10%). Again, make sure to research this stuff and not use every day until your skin can handle it.

5) Grape seed oil to balance your sebum.

All the stuff above has been discusses on other threads so you can just search and find out more.

Just make sure to test everything, I mean everything, before using on your entire face!

HTH

Shelley

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
One last tiny, thing....Murad doesn't seem to work for me either....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I swear I will stop adding things soon!!

I forgot to add that you need to exfoliate!

Good luck!
Shelley

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
hey everyone

well my skin is stubborn, sensitive, and prone to acne when not taken care of well. My main problem is blemishes...

For AM and PM I use murad moisture rich cleanser w/ murad clarifying toner. It has helped me alot in keep my skin smoother and with less breakouts.. But its just the blemishes and light brown spots left by some pimples and the blackheads on my nose.

I dont know why now my blemishes are much harder to get rid of. I used to used Sea Breeze astringent in high school and never had blemishes but i did break out every now and then..
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |