Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
need help choosing color in mineral loose foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am still trying to find the perfect loose mineral foundation to use. I am having a difficult time choosing which color in the Jane Iredale or Glominerals would be best suited for me. I am Asian and tried Bare Escentuals #2, #2.5, and #3-- out of those #2 is the closest match, but it's still not exact enough to my liking. I prefer foundation to either be close to the exact shade of my skin, or 1 shade lighter. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks Wink
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime,
I use Bare Escentuals 2.3 medium beige. Is that what you meant by "2.5"? If they don't make the "perfect" color for you, sometimes it's best to mix two colors together and see how it looks -- or, if the shade is too light, apply some Warmth and it'll usually even the tone out.
Lisa
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lisa, for the advice Wink I was actually surprised to find the #2 was actually a tiny bit dark for me when I compared it to my neck. Surprised Though I consider myself to be medium complexioned, not fair at all. I'm not sure if you're supposed to put foundation on your neck; I never do. But it looked like I was wearing a mask. To be very honest, the idea of buying more than 1 shade of foundation to me sounds like too much $ and work. I know, I know, I'm lazy, and I want instant gratification of having a foundation match me exactly like my Paula Dorf one. I'm looking into Aromaleigh because they do custom blending. I really really want to like loose mineral foundations because they are sooo light and feel like nothing is on. The B.E. one doesn't have as much coverage as PD; I can still see pores. Do you find that you have to use a concealer underneath or over B.E. foundation? I think you remember saying it was enough coverage, but I hate that my pores are still visible. I do think I'm starting to get the application technique, kinda sorta...
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I have become obsessed with finding the perfect MMU and I'm looking at some other than BE and JI. Geografx, Monave, Aromaleigh will all send you 1/2 teas. samples within a couple days for a small fee. Geografx and Botany101 are my favs (but Botany takes some work and patience to receive). Just a thought, instead of buying full size from the ones you use. Alexis
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime,

Actually, just to make you feel better, buying two foundations and mixing them IS more money -- but it'll last twice as long since it's two containers. Smile

As for finding the perfect color -- try applying the minerals and letting it set for a while. The best way to see if it the perfect color is to have someone take a picture of you (in proper lighting). I thought I had the perfect foundation with #2 but after my mom took a picture of me (it was actually to take a picture of a dress but I ended up learning more from the pic than intended), I realized that I needed something a little darker.

As for your question about whether to use a concealer. I use a concealer if I have a really really big imperfection I need to cover up . . . but usually, bare minerals is enough to cover. It's just a bit of practice with the application technique but it works -- trust me. Really swirl that brush around your face . . . and just use a little bit more product if you're not getting the look you want. BUT, here's a word of advice. Don't keep adding product if you aren't getting "the look" you want. If you think you've put enough on, you probably have. Let it set for a few minutes and then look back in the mirror to see how it looks. I will often apply the foundation and think, "Man, it's not covering anything today" . . . then I'll go do something else and when I look back in the mirror, I realize that the minerals DID work. So don't keep gunking it on -- it just needs time to work Smile

Hope this helps! Happy New Year!
Lisa
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
happy new year's, Lisa!
Quote:

As for finding the perfect color -- try applying the minerals and letting it set for a while. The best way to see if it the perfect color is to have someone take a picture of you (in proper lighting). I thought I had the perfect foundation with #2 but after my mom took a picture of me (it was actually to take a picture of a dress but I ended up learning more from the pic than intended), I realized that I needed something a little darker.

As for your question about whether to use a concealer. I use a concealer if I have a really really big imperfection I need to cover up . . . but usually, bare minerals is enough to cover. It's just a bit of practice with the application technique but it works -- trust me. Really swirl that brush around your face . . . and just use a little bit more product if you're not getting the look you want. BUT, here's a word of advice. Don't keep adding product if you aren't getting "the look" you want. If you think you've put enough on, you probably have. Let it set for a few minutes and then look back in the mirror to see how it looks. I will often apply the foundation and think, "Man, it's not covering anything today" . . . then I'll go do something else and when I look back in the mirror, I realize that the minerals DID work. So don't keep gunking it on -- it just needs time to work

thanks, especially for the advice about the photos--I'll have to try that! I'll give those minerals another go, because although I have the perfect color with the creme foundation I now use, I don't think it's the best thing for my skin in terms of allowing it to breathe. And it's in a compact form, so it's not very hygenic Surprised
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |