Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best upper eyelid cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiredguy2k
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure when this started to happen(maybe month or two ago) but I can't open my eyes fully unless I move my eyebrows up which causes wrinkles to my forehead since I have to do this quite a lot throughtout the day.

I have multiple lines running across my upper eyelids(even when closed) and the skin seems kind of loose. I want to remedy this before it gets worse. Thanks.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I had to re-register since I forgot my password and the subsequent new ones weren't working.

I'm Asian w/ single eyelids. Both my parents had to have eyelid surgery because they drooped so much it impaired their vision. Both my sister and I use Guerlain Issima's Success Eye which is formulated for the eyelid (many eye creams instruct to avoid the eyelid area). I also do facial exercises for the eyelid.

Hope this helps!
tiredguy2k
5% products discount

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm also asian but with double eyelids. I don't know much about skin but the product you mentioned says for women. As you see from my name, I'm a guy so would this have any negative effects?

I'm not at the point where it impairs my vision but my eyes do feel tired all the time.

Can you tell me the exercises you do for your eyelid?

Thanks again.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Try Elizabeth Grants Eyelid Restore. Its fantastic! This totally smoothed out my upper eyelid.
Rogneda
5% products discount

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
skin adict2 wrote:
I had to re-register since I forgot my password and the subsequent new ones weren't working.

I'm Asian w/ single eyelids. Both my parents had to have eyelid surgery because they drooped so much it impaired their vision. Both my sister and I use Guerlain Issima's Success Eye which is formulated for the eyelid (many eye creams instruct to avoid the eyelid area). I also do facial exercises for the eyelid.

Hope this helps!

Hi SkinAdict2,
What kind of exercise do you do for the eyelid? And are you seeing results?
~R

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
tiredguy2K,
I don't see any reason for negative effects for using women's skin products. Skin is skin, if anything, you might need something stronger because men have more "rugged" skin than women. Plus I doubt that you'll see very many eyelid creams for men on the market. The Guerlain Issima has no scent so you won't smell feminine.

R-
I've been doing Carol Maggio's Facersize. I've had the video for years, but found it recently while cleaning out my closet. With my 40th b-day coming up, I thought now's a good time to get going on it. Hard to explain the exercise, but I'll try .... for the eyelids, place your index fingers over your eyebrows for resistence and lift your eyebrows up against it for 10x's. On the 10th time, hold for around 20-30 secs. until you feel a band of pressure. I do the exercises in bed when I wake up and before going to bed. It has helped with my eyelids as well as the "11" that has begun forming between my eyes.

I think there's also a program for men if tiredguy2k is interested ...
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Don't you get wrinkles on your forehead by lifting up your eyebrows?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Try Elizabeth Grants Eyelid Restore. Its fantastic! This totally smoothed out my upper eyelid.

I agree with you, SusieQ - EG's Eyelid Restore is excellent stuff and really economical as well!
Pudoodles
tiredguy2k
5% products discount

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
skin adict2, I tried your method for the eyelid but I'm afraid it will make my wrinkles on my forehead worse if I do this too much. Can you tell me the method for men?

Also, is there a better place to buy the eyelid restore than the Elizabeth Grant website? I see on ebay that people are selling the eye renewal serum for alot cheaper so I hope there is a cheaper place for the eyelid restore also.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I press down on my eyebrows so that it doesn't exacerbate any forehead wrinkles. I guess because I do the other exercises in conjunction, it just helps overall. I've just streamlined my skincare regime because I got sick of spending so much $ on things that worked well for others but wrong for my skin type. I read "Hollywood Beauty Secrets: Remedies to the Rescue" which kinda hypes products you buy from the author's website, but you can also purchase some of them at healthfood stores or eBay. She also recommends another form of facial exercises, but I figured I could just use the one I've had. I bought Relastyl and Derma-E DMAE cream and am very happy. Between the combination of facial exercises and those topicals, I've seen nice results in less than 2 weeks. Nothing spectacular or life changing, just that things that bugged me (puffy eyes, shadows near the nasal labial folds, and the "11") don't bug me anymore.

For the last couple of years, my main focus was dealing with melasma. Now that's almost faded, I'm glad I can attack the other issues.

When I told my 22-year old friend that I dance with that I was turning 40 this year, he was speechless. He thought I was 28. Part of that I attribute to being Asian (and acting immature j/k!) the other part is wearing sunblock and doing all I can to keep away sagginess and lasting wrinkles.

Maybe once I use up my Guerlain Issima, I might try the Elizabeth Grant, but I usually end up going back to Guerlain (I'm on my 4th jar).
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
tiredguy2k wrote:
skin adict2, I tried your method for the eyelid but I'm afraid it will make my wrinkles on my forehead worse if I do this too much. Can you tell me the method for men?

Also, is there a better place to buy the eyelid restore than the Elizabeth Grant website? I see on ebay that people are selling the eye renewal serum for alot cheaper so I hope there is a cheaper place for the eyelid restore also.

Hi there - the EG eye serum isn't as effective as the eyelid restore - not even nearly as good. The Shopping Channel in Canada sells the eyelid restore but I think they are out of stock right now.....another really good one - (IMHO even better) is the Decleor Hydrotenseur eye firming serum...and I think you can get it here at EDS..good price and the pump ensures that you won't contaminate your product..
Good luck
Pudoodles
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Just seconding the kudos for the Decleor Hydrotenseur Firming Serum. It's awesome stuff.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Bummer, I was allergic to the Decleor Hydrotenseur Firming Serum, I guess eyelids are more sensitve.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |