Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Andrea Mod Permalash curiosity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums, so, Hello! And I want to say -- you all give the best advice!

I recently had makeup professionally done and was put in fake eyelashes...and I fell in love with them!! They sultry-fied my eyes very dramatically and they didn't even actually look fake like I would have assumed.

So, I was browsing Walgreens today and spotted Andrea Mod false lashes. I was most intrigued by Andrea Mod Permalash. Does anyone know anything about it? Particularly the "Perma" part of it? The package says "Permanent lashes" but doesn't go into detail about it. I found one description online that says they "last up to 6 weeks once applied" -- does that mean six weeks straight, night & day? If so... is that really safe?
Mabsy

Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, don't know anything about it but just wanted to say - welcome to the forum! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Ooooo, I LOVE false lashes! I wore my forst pair in 7th grade...LOL No one even knew, not even my Mom.. I had stopped for a while but woke up one day and all the lashes on my right eye had fallen out... So back to lashes for me.. I haven't given them up since.. I wear them ALL the time..

As for the ones you're asking about tho, I've never used them.. They're the indivudial ones, correct? I'm good, really good, at applying lashes, but those always scared me...LOL Altho I've always wanted to try them... I go back and forth between the full lash and the demi lash...

Wish I could be of more help to you.. Good luck.. If you try them, I'd love to hear your results...
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Its funny Kiki that you are scared of the single ones. I am terrible at putting on full eyelashes so i use the single ones or i will cut full ones then apply. My eyes are pretty small so i guess it is harder for me.

o88odianao88o,

Your eyes are such a delicate area that I would not tempt to put something permanent on my eyes. If that is what they are claiming. Neat Idea though. I would just worry what is in the adhesive and how well if at all would it wash off your eyelid??

Anyone else notice that after wearing eyelashes all day and evening your eyes feel more tired? I would also think this would happen if you were wearing them everyday and night with no rest between? Or maybe you would get used to them lol. Just some suggestions to think about before buying sorry to ramble on.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
fierce, we need to live closer.. You can do the individuals on me and I'll do the full ones on you...LOL As for my eyes feeling tired after wearing them all day, I can't say that happens to me..

I've always wondered about the claim of the single ones, {certain ones anyway} being able to stay on so long... I see no way for that to be possible, if you're using eye makeup and washing it off.. At least no way of them staying looking good anyway.. Sleeping in them makes them all misshapen and water isn't their friend...

My opinion on the Andrea Mod adhesive is that it's not good.. At least it doesn't work well for me.. I swear by DUO...
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!

I'm taking your advice and following my instincts to stay away from wearing false lashes overnight.

Kiki, I went out and bought the Duo adhesive as you suggested, and I used it with my old lashes -- worked great, lashes stayed put all day!

The 'spines' of these lashes i've been using (they're the full kind) are starting to wear down, so I'm going to buy some new ones soon... Fierce, I too find the full lashes a challenge to apply! I think I'll try the individual ones...
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm happy the DUO worked for you, altho I knew it would... Wink

I wish I could show you just how easy it is to apply the full lashes.. It really is easy, but then it's all I know too... I wish I knew someone who could show me all about the singles... I may break down and get some, just to play around with... Just seems like a PITA since I'd never leave them on over night unless there was a darn good reason to!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I don’t know if this is the same thing you’re talking about, but of the members who have tried “permanent” eyelash extensions in the past discovered that it wasn’t worth it because of how many lashes they lost or got damaged when they removed them. Here’s a couple of links to previous discussions that might help: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7850&highlight=permanent+lashes
or http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4926&highlight=eyelash+extension or
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5422&highlight=permanent+lashes

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |