Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
My lips were very very dry and cracked for I don't drink enough water. The sales girl recommended this lip care stick to me. It is very good for my dry and sensitive lips and it is so soft and nourishing but not sticky. Using this in the winter time is the best.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick (4.9 g / 0.17 oz)
Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick (4.9 g / 0.17 oz)

Lip Care Stick softens and offers protection for lips prone to dryness. The practical companion for silky soft lips while out.

phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using this last week just before bedtime. It felt great on, but I'm thinking it is drying my lips out even more as the days go by. Could this be possible? I'll continue using just to make sure.

-Cheri
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I have the lip balm, which when I checked the ingredients is exactly the same as the lip Care stick.
I love the scent and whilst it is very nice I don't think I would repurchase.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I agree - I have the balm - nice enough, smells lovely and is an effective lip balm but its not a HG product for me. (And its hard to get out the pot when you've used it a bit.).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I think that the trick with this balm is that it need A LOT so that it will work. It didnt seem to work for me until one day i just used A LOT of it and then I woke up with soft lips. It was better that any other time I had used it.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Lucia I have to agree, I have to have either short nails or use a lip brush to get any of this out of the pot!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't stand using the lip balm from the pot - I did prefer the consistency of the product, but it's SO much easier to use the lip care stick! I love this product although I do find it too soft at times. It runs out really quickly!!
vivienwon
5% products discount

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Chimera, I find it runs out real quick too! Esp if i leave it someplace hot, which is most places where I live (Southeast Asia) without air-conditioning.

But i love the smell of this, and it does the trick immediately for my lips which need CONSTANT moisturising even though I live in 99% humidity. Not greasy or sticky at all, and it smells rather yummy too.
erinR
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,
I have been using the lip care stick and I htink it is great as a base under lipstick...not sure about sun protection though, I may need to find something else for the beach.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for 2 years and like it. It does run out fast, but I'm using it up MUCH faster than my friend. I make purchases for her and usually when she finishes one I already finish three. Shock
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
My mom swears by the Hauschka lip care stick, but, I don't really like it very much. If I had to choose one from the line at all, I'd go with the pot form.

I think it's the smell... for some reason I find it tolerable in the pot, but, in the stick... Silenced

Give me a pot of EO flavoured coconut butter any day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Meh. I tried both the stick and the pot and wasn't too impressed. Granted, my lips can get extremely chapped, even in warmer weather, but I found this to be only lightly moisturizing. I much prefer Aquaphor or the Prada Shielding Balms.

I've found that Weleda's Everon Balm is very similar to the Dr. H. stick in terms of moisturizing ability, scent, texture, etc., but about 1/3 of the price. I found mine at Whole Foods near the checkout aisles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite lip balm! It's the only one that can cure my dry, flaky chapped lips! At the moment I have stopped using my Juice Beauty one & went back to this & my lips are already a lot softer & smoother! Definitely one of my fav Dr H products! Wink
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I have the balm in the little jar & a tube in my car, my husband's & when I "left" new tubes in my son's car & in my future daughter-in-law's they both loved it.
I use the balm at night & in the morning I can rub my fingers across my lips & all of the dead skin rolls off. (I don't think that it's meant to be an exfoliant but the ingredients seem to melt off the dead skin while I sleep Smile ).
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I have the stick and the balm. I use it everyday. They go on non-sticky which is great. But I wouldnt say their lip care is really special! I always get this with my EDS order as a free gift and am on my 3rd lip care stick. It is okay but i do still get chapped and cracked lips once in a while.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
Meh. I tried both the stick and the pot and wasn't too impressed. Granted, my lips can get extremely chapped, even in warmer weather, but I found this to be only lightly moisturizing. I much prefer Aquaphor or the Prada Shielding Balms.

I've found that Weleda's Everon Balm is very similar to the Dr. H. stick in terms of moisturizing ability, scent, texture, etc., but about 1/3 of the price. I found mine at Whole Foods near the checkout aisles.

Weleda balm is great!!! I've since switched to this. It's much less soft and sticky. And what a lovely scent!!
toey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
used to have my lip in pink but now it's dark without smoking. anyone has any experience how to solve this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I love this one!!! compared to kiehl's #1, elizebeth arden 8 hours, rosebud which allgive me sticky feeling, this is the best and only one I am still using!!

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I had the balm but my lips weren't impressed by it, not at all. The balm didn't work for me. My lips kept continuing on being dry and chapped Mad
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Balm at night and the stick during the day. Compared to other products out there I find the 2 reasonably priced.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use the stick and the balm (in pot) every day. I especially like to use them either as a base under lipstick or over lipliner to add a nice shine.

In my experience, these are more of an 'indoor balm.' That is, they work beautifully at protecting my lips from the effects of too much air conditioning, for example. In harsh winter conditions, however, I do need something that offers more protection.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this lip balm. I prefer the stick for convenience and hygiene, but over all I prefer the pot... Not sure why... I think it is a different texture and not as shiny (don't like shiny lips!). I also love that it doesn't taste bad when you get it in your mouth. I have a LRP lip stick/balm, and it tastes terrible!!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think the lip care stick is great. I love the glossy look it leaves and the smell is great. Another favourite of mine is the Weleda Everon lip balm as well. Fantastic smell, great feel on the lips and super price.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I just started using this last week just before bedtime. It felt great on, but I'm thinking it is drying my lips out even more as the days go by. Could this be possible? I'll continue using just to make sure.

-Cheri

Yes it could be. Continued use of lip balm your lips become very dependent upon it, from what I've read and heard your lips actually stop producing the moisture or something on it's own which makes you put on more lip balm. Kind of a cycle.

Although I'm a lip balm fiend, I stop using it from time to time and my lips look better and are more hydrated and healthier without it. Just need to increase my water intake.
jiaj
5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I think this lip stick is great too!
The ones I used before this one is much more oily or say moisturizing, so at first I was not very impressed by this Dr.H lip stick. But after using it for a couple of weeks, I found it actually helping my lips become more healthy looking and I loved it!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |