Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
**Review** Sephora Makeup Eraser Pen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I had previously owned a similar type pencil eraser from Neutrogena called a Makeup Correcting Stick which I thought was only product of this type at the time. After I somehow misplaced it, I decided to look on Sephora for something to take it's place.

I found Sephora effaceur de Maquillage/makeup eraser pen for $12. Unlike Neutrogena's, which was a pencil type with a semi-gummy tip, Sephora's works like a magic marker with a white felt like tip. The approximately 4 inch tube is matte black with a brushed silver looking cap.

This "marker" works magic at erasing my mascara and eyeliner mishaps and smudges in a flash even though I don't know how since I can't see anything coming out of the tip (no ingredients listed on the pen either). I don't detect any scent at all. It is way more effective than the Neutrogena version. It doesn't wreck or even disturb my foundation, concealer or eyeshadow.

The tip does get dirty after a few short uses, but I found if I wipe it clean with a baby wipe after each mishap it's good to go the next morning.

If you are like me, a klutz and in such a hurry in the mornings getting ready for work you might want to try this. I might even purchase one for my purse.

This has been so valuable to me, I think I'll look into other Sephora Brand products.

-Cheri
Mabsy

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

This sounds great! I didn't know that anything like this was available. It sounds just like those corrector pens for nail polish, but with something else inside of course Smile

I do have a problem with getting mascara on my eyelids. It happens quite often actually and I still haven't been able to figure out why (apart from the clutz thing Smile). I use a wet q-tip to carefully remove any mishaps but having a pen like this would be handy. Does it come with replaceable tips and is it itself refillable?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, Cheri! I'll have to check that out. It sounds great! Smile
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

Yes it's exactly like the nail corrector pens! I don't know why I didn't think of that as a description.

It doesn't come with extra tips and it isn't refillable. I've had mine for a couple of months already and it's still going strong and just as effective as the day I received it. If this will last 5-6 months I'll be tickled to death since it was only $12 usd. It's one of those "can't do without" products for me now.

-Cheri
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
please pardon my ignorance Very Happy , I've never used (or seen) a corrector pen...what is the difference between this and a q-tip (which is what I use)??? thanks!! C

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
(saying this with great humor) but i think the difference is about 12 bucks. I too use a qtip and some water. But if i am truely missing out I might be tempted to try this!![/quote]
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
The major difference for me is that the qtips never worked near as well unless I dipped the tip in a very light eye makeup remover first (Lancome Bi-Facil was good for this) and even then sometimes I had to reapply another product to cover up because it disturbed more than I intended. Water did not work for me because most work mornings I am in a mad dash to get ready and by the time I see that something needs to be corrected it's already way too dry to be rescued effectively by the qtip/water method. With the Sephora pen, I'm good to go in 2 seconds no matter what.

My morning circumstances and needs might be different than most, but for me the pen is a more effective product and time-saving. I guess it's mostly a convenience, but I would like mornings even less without it.

-Cheri
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
well makes sense, also sounds like one could carry in purse for when ur driving to work in look in rear view mirror and notice to ones horror all the stuff we missed Embarassed

Melissa
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
(saying this with great humor) but i think the difference is about 12 bucks. I too use a qtip and some water. But if i am truely missing out I might be tempted to try this!!

thats what I thought too Laughing ....I guess I'll have to go check this out!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Speaking of pens, Sephora has a new paint-on “french manicure” pen for making your nail tips white that works like a magic marker or Sharpie pen, if you like those type of items. They had them up next to the cash register for “impulse” buyers and sucker that I am, I just had to have one! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information! I will check it out, it sounds great!
Lara Smile

Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks phredd4 Smile 5-6 months for a $12 corrector pen is quite good IMO

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |