Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Erno Laszlo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used these products before? I have seen them at Nordstrom and I read in a magazine that Uma Thurman uses the Regular Normalizer Shake-it.

Just curious.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing some research online....it looks very complicated...all the splashing...can anyone tell me that it is really worth it?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia,

We had a long discussion about this line a couple of months ago. If you do a search, you'll find the thread easily I'm sure.

This line is an old one and it does seem to be enjoying some kind of revival. It was the first serious skincare line I used, and at the time, I was pretty pleased with it. But, the truth is it IS an ordeal and as years have gone by, I've found a multitude of products that are far more effective.

In any case, go ahead and do the search. I think you'll find the discussion interesting and helpful if you're considering the line. Wink
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I also used the line many years ago.....and it was great when I was in my 20-30 (47 on 2/2Cool I recently got 2 sample kits 11:30 & 12:00 and its not like the old days the soaps are harsh and the toners sting and i found it to be very not the the old days. So i did not use it I gave it to a friend in her early 30's and it made her skin a mess. Some people still swear by it but their is much better out their

skin: combo/sensitive
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input....I did a search and have been reading all the threads. It seems like people either love it or hate it....it does seem pretty pricey once you buy all that you "need".

Redhead...I'm curious what you are using because I have combo/sensitive skin and have resorted to using aveeno bar soap and lubriderm lotion on my face because it is the only thing not breaking me out.

Katee...what skincare line did you switch to that works better?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I was using the 11:30 starter kit in the am and the 12:00 starter kit in pm the only diff is the soap the toner is the same and tore my face apart. To harsh and the day and night creams were to rich the sea mud soap was ok but their are better out on the market. I think the line has reached its peak and its been sold many times. In its day it was the bomb and really worked. But now I use Dermoligicia Ultra Calming Cleanser am SC Revitilizing Toner am/pm Replenix serum am (reduces redness and anti aging) and pm us MD Forte Nurishing moisterizer cream Iam getting this from my skin gal where I get facials. Can't use anything Botanical or w/essential oils IE:Yonka Dr H or Jurlique learned the hard way and spend a fortune
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Laughing..... Ahhh Olivia you must be new to the boards!!! I switched to IS Clinical and I've become a fanatical proponent of the line. I'm gonna be a good girl and control myself. I'll let you check out the threads if you're interested. It's not cheap, but if you can spring for a full regimen (and a little really does go a long way) the results are, in my opinion, worth it. Especially since my satisfaction with the line cured me of my impulse to try EVERYTHING... I'm pretty sure that I'm actually saving money now.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
redhead...maybe that is it...maybe I am allergic to essential oils! I could not use Dr. H...I think it broke me out this last time from which I am still recovering.

katee...I will do some research on your recommendations...I love when people are excited about a product!

Thanks for the feedback ladies!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |