Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Olay Thermal Skin Polisher
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethers
5% products discount

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this for a week now. It says it can be used daily. It has exfoliating beads (not many) and glycolic acid. Once you start to massage it onto your face it heats up quite a bit. I don't know if there is any benefit to the heat, but it feels great. My skin feels very smooth afterwards. My skin has been peeling a bit more than usual (from RetinA) since I started using it, I'm assuming from the glycolic acid. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with the results of this product and I think I will buy again unless I find out the heat is bad for the skin, or I start to miss my MD Formulations.
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! My skin has never looked better. I use it for about 10 days then give my face about 3 days rest. I don't think I'll ever be without this product in my bathroom cabinet!!!!!!!!
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! This product sounds pretty good. May I ask both of you what type of skin you have? Do you need a toner afterwards or does this rinse clean? Do you mainly use this in the AM or PM? TIA! Smile
bethers
5% products discount

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Jazzybelle, my skin is very oily. I use it every AM and I feel it rinses clean, so I do not follow with a toner.
Kittylove, I'm happy to hear you love this as much as I do. I actually look forward to washing my face!
Does anyone know what causes it to heat up? I'll have to look into that.
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I use it in the morning as well. I do follow with a toner but I don't need to. I have very oily and acne prone skin.
I'd also love to know what heats it up...very cool.
I've found that if I use it just at the sink it doesn't heat up as much as it does in the shower....
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, kittylove and bethers! I'm definitely going to try this then. I also have oily skin like both of you.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what particular ingredient causes the heat, but I do know that its water activated. Makes sense you'd feel more heat in the shower than at the sink.... This particular feature is almost identical to what you find in that Biore self heating mask that came out a few years ago....

I recently was giving a good bag when I was out of town on a business trip that had a very generous sample of this stuff. I used it for the four days I was away from home. I'm not sure if I'd purchase it, but it really does leave your skin feeling very smooth...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |