Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bikini line question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how to get rid of tiny dark scars caused by years of bikini-line shaving and waxing? (They're noticeable when wearing a high-cut swimsuit:()

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Alohagirl,

Hope you had a nice Christmas and Happy New Year!! I just got back from my holidays at the coast-- lots of bikini time and lots of sun and swimming. I'm glad you asked this question as I've noticed that I have these dark marks as well in my bikini area-- I thought these were marks from sunburn as I never used to apply sunscreen in this area before (I do now!)Wink I haven't been game to get a Brazilian as yet so I have not had any waxing in that area (poor Thoughtcrime will have to be hit with a million questions before I do!)Very Happy I am usually a shaving girl when it comes to underarm pits and bikini line.

I noticed that Casper's Mum replied to another post regarding fading dark scars and had suggested "Dermatix Gel. This helps fade even keloid (raised) scars! Decleor Prologene Gel is another product to consider for repairing trauma".... but I'm wondering if these gels are good for the type of "scarring" or pigmentation we are referring to? Smile

Summertimegirl
first_girl

Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
hi
you can try lemon with salt . it is good for dark area
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Happy New Year!

Thanks for replying. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one in the world with these little marks. I read Casper's Mum's post about dealing with larger scars, but I too wondered if those products would work on such tiny ones. Like the lemon and salt, they might work, but would be hard to apply to just the dark spots, without irritating the surrounding area unnecessarily.

Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Are these really scars or could they be deep ingrowns or just parts of hair that remained under the skin and are no longer active? The only dark marks I've ever had on my bikini line (I also wax) were from deep ingrowns. TendSkin will (eventually) take care of that problem. I'm not sure if you've tried it before. It works quite fast on normal ingrowns but takes a while on the deep ones. If you do try it prepare for some peeling! It works through exfoliation.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure these are scars. After ingrown hairs heal, these red marks are left behind. They never go away or fade, I just accumulate new ones over the years.Sad

I'll check out TendSkin and Dermatix.

Thanks!Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

This doesn't really concern the bikini line as such but I came across a tip regarding waxing-- that is if you wax your legs, the advise is to skip using body lotion for a couple of days as the cream can block your pores and cause ingrown hairs.

I always wondered how ingrown hairs developed, I thought they just grew in a deformed manner and couldn't come out!

Summertimegirl Wink
Mabsy

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, a beautician that was doing my under-arm waxing one day told me that ingrowns also stem from not waxing in the proper direction. This is particularily important under the arms because hair there grows in a few directions. She told me that you should always get someone else to wax yourr underarms because your range of arm movement is limited when you do your own. And she may be onto something there. When I get my under-arms waxed at a salon I don't get as many ingrowns as when I do it myself; even though I am using the same post-waxing care. Though that could mean that I'm just crap at waxing :P

I actually heard that regular exfoliation followed by moisturising is supposed to reduce your chances of ingrowns. Tea Tree Oil Lotion is supposed to be very good but has a strong smell so I only use it at night.

Mabsy.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, how is it to wax under your arms? Is it sensitive in that area? How long do you wait to put deodorant on? And what brand tea tree oil lotion do you use? 20 questions :P
Mabsy

Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,

I think when you wax for a while you tend to get used to the pain so I don't know how accurate my answer is really. It doesn't really hurt all that much and I definitely prefer underarm waxing to say bikini or lip waxing.

The tea tree oil lotion I'm using is by a company called Australian Bodycare. Just a cheap Au$9 one I got from the chemist.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE: I found a way to fade the scars...Skinceuticals 15% Vitamin C Serum! One drop twice a day, and in 2 weeks the marks are faded to the point they're barely visible!!

Yaaaayyy!Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |