Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Clarins line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Have been hearing some good things about Clarins anyone tried it or the makeup and what did you use and think. Thanks Smile

skin 46yr old normal/sensitive t-zone sometimes
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I used clarins in my early 20s but have not used any of their products since turning 30 (about to turn 40).

I was a devotee of the entire line, but like I said, i was a lot younger then... somehow I always think of the Clarins brand as "preventative" or general care, not anti-aging..

Do they have products for "starting to mature" skin? ( Laughing IMO skin is not "mature" till at least 60!! -- and when I am 60 I will probably say that it is not mature till at least 70... Laughing )
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Clarins was the main thing I used until I found this forum. They were the best thing I could find on the market...that's when I thought the best was in department stores! (they only sell Clarins in department stores in the US... not like Europe). But I'm not saying it is a bad line. My skin is much better now that I use homemade DHCC, homemade Decleor Aromesence, OCM, Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective gel, and MMU. I also use the homemade asprin mask and concoct my own masks depending on how my skin is behaving (overly oily, dry, etc).

Anyhow, my mom adores Clarins' extra firming line. She uses their dry skin formulas. She sees a noticable difference after using the night and day creams and the double serum. Not only does she like what it does with her wrinkles but she absolutely loves the scent. It is very calming to her. She hasn't been using it for about 6 months now and boy I can tell the difference in wrinkles (I visit her every few months). She tried to give my oil concoction a try but can't stand the smell (she is very sensitive to smells) so only uses it on her hands. Don't conclude that oil mixtures don't work... I don't think that she really gave it an honest try to see how it worked on her wrinkles b/c of the scent. She's been "making due" with I am not sure what. I cannot wait until she gets her surprise in the mail (I ordered her some of her fav Clarins the other day)! I am sure she would use even better brands like you see on the EDS website if she could afford it and didn't love the Clarins' scent so much.

Hey, if the Clarins makes her happy, it's totally worth it. (Maybe I will get her to try something neat like the Celcosmet eye cream I've heard so much about -and want to try myself- when I can afford to buy it for her. She won't "waste" the money on herself, but she will use it if I buy it for her. Wink )

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been trying a sample of the Neroli, whilst I do like it I don't think I will be going out to purchase as I think that Jojoba performs a bettter job.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
The Clarins Liquid Bronze Facial Self-tanner is great. Very easy to apply and give a lovely, light natural colour to pale skin.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Quote:
The Clarins Liquid Bronze Facial Self-tanner is great. Very easy to apply and give a lovely, light natural colour to pale skin.

This is my favorite facial self-tanner....very natural. I like this because you apply it with a cotton pad, which provides a little more control of how much product you apply. Another positive with this product is that I can apply moisturizer almost immediately after applying this self-tanner. Clarins does have excellent self-tanning products.

I also like Clarins Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion for Dry and Sensitive Skin. It's alcohol-free, and is soothing to my dry skin, especially after I use a facial scrub, or an at home microderm/peel.

I also use Clarins Flash Beauty Balm occasionally....when I'm going out right after work and my skin needs a quick pick-me-up. If I'm not wearing foundation, it gives my skin a bit of a glow with some moisturization. If I'm wearing foundation, I put a few drops onto my fingertips gently pat all over my face.

Before finding this forum and learning about the skin care products that are superior to the mid-level brands that are typically found in department stores, I used Clarins moisturizing and anti-aging creams. I liked the Clarins products better than many of the dept. store brands that I've tried (regarding moisturizers)....Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Chanel, Laura Mercier....

I have a friend who likes Clarins Bright Plus Total Brightening Serum, and she has seen improvement in dark spots.

I've never tried Clarins makeup....always thought that their skincare line is what made them famous.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I like Clarins Moisture Quenching Hydra Care Cream as my skin is so dry due to dehydration. It is not very rich and contains ginseng, Vitamin E and other extracts from plants. The smell is comfortable and I got a healthy and fresh look after applying.
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I as well only used the clarins line till i found this website.

I do love Clarins. I am in my twenties and I used the multi-active day cream-gel, multi-active night lotion. Never had a single breakout while on the products.

I still use

their toner
liquid bronzer self tanning(this is the best self tanner i have ever put on my face, doesnt even smell terrible)
Contouring facial lift, not sure if it is even doing anything, but i will finish up the bottle.
Extra firming lip and contour. I really like this, seems to plump my lips a little and makes them firm/fuller. I know when i wear my lipstick, it wears alot better.
one step facial cleanser/and the foaming cleanser. I probably will keep using the one step cleanser, i really like it.
Body lift contour, supposed to be for firming, cellulite. I dont know if it works or not but i use it in hopes it does.
firming body cream, again not sure if it is working, supposed to be good for people whom have hot baths. My legs get sooo soft from using this cream.

The reason i stopped using the multi-active face creams, I didnt feel it was working in preventing new lines on my face. I am still looking for a good face cream.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Ive been using clarins firming foundation. what would be a better anti aging foundation. I have very crepey eyes and find that alot of foundations sit in these making my wrinkles look even worse.

I also use bronzing pearls - does anyone know of a good make that again would make me look less older

thanks

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
You might find it better to use one or more anti-aging serum/skin treatment products, followed by a really good, hydrating moisturiser.

There are loads of great recipes for various anti-aging oil blends and other stuff on the DIY sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Firming-wise, I've had great results with Janson Beckett Skin Prep and AlphaDerma CE. (Some posters have had problems with customer service direct from JB, but EDS also sell it so you could buy it from them if you're worried about that. EDS service is excellent.) Those 2 products are fantastic for firming up sagging skin.

Vitamin C serums are super for protecting your skin against damage and for promoting healing/diminishing redness. There are lots of good brands available - JB, Pure Skin Formulations, Vivier, etc, and even a homemade version (recipe available on the DIY sticky thread) that many posters absolutely swear by.

I'm currently trying out some skin treatment products from Pure Skin Formulations (www.psfskincare.com) and am very pleased with them, so you might like to check out their website too.

Retinol can be good for applying to wrinkles, etc, but you need to be careful with it. I'm not sure that it would be suitable for sensitive skin, but even for normal skin it't best to start with a low level, such as 0.5% once or twice a week and then, if that goes well, slowly work your way up to 1%. I'm currently using SkinCeuticals 0.5% to good effect, but there are other great brands available.

A good exfoliator, such as EpidermX dermabrasion, can also help diminish the appearance of wrinkles and make skin look clear and radiant. You can buy this from various sources. I get mine from the lady atwww.goldportbeauty.com, whose service is excellent.

For moisturisers, it depends whether your skin is oily, combo or dry. Mine's dry and I'm currently loving Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream - which is only £17.95 for a huge jar and is packed with lovely, natural ingredients.

My eyes are showing fine lines and the skin around them has a tendancy to be very dry. My current favourite eyecream is PSF's Stimu-Coll. Other posters seem to really like brands like Kinerase, Cellcosmet and IS Clinical for eyecare too. Also, a good firming treatment for eyes is Decleor's Hydrotenseur Serum. I like it, and I know a lot of other forum members are very happy with it.

Hope that helps, and I'm sure other members will be along shortly to give loads more recommendations.

The only trouble is deciding which to try! Very Happy
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Majorb

thank you for your reply. At the moment I am using PSF stimucoll, PSF vit c Serum, Strivectin (not the one made for eyes). I was using the alpha derma but dont appear to have much look with this. I also use the epidermx a couple of times a week. I was wondering about incorporating a retinol cream but not sure which to go with. PSF have a retinol nite repair cream - trans-retinol???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm not much of an expert on retinol, I'm afraid, but really like my SkinCeuticals version. I did receive a sample of the PSF lower strength one. Haven't tried it yet, though.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |