Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
geranium essential oil in ocm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lisarousie
5% products discount

Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
HEllo,
i recently started using OCM and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I have two large areas on my nose that are completely blackhead free, no black dots or anything. so cool and I have only been using for a week. ANyway i wanted to add some geranium EO and lavender to my mix but I am a little worried because the essential oil guide posted on the DIY sticky has a link to the original website that says not to use geranium all the time. How often is all the time? do you they mean topically or inhaling? does anyone know if it is safe to use a couple drops of geranium EO in my ocm mix every morning and evening? Help! Please Smile
Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Gee I wasn't aware of that (not to use G eo all the time). I have it in my OCM mix, too, and have used it for the past how many months and not seen any ill effects...

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I wasn't either. I've been having Geranium in my OCM mixture for a while now, I dont get *touch wood* any problem at all...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I also use geranioum eo and bermagot eo and love the smell. No problems so far and I've used a whole bottle (8 oz) of ocm mix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Lisarousie,

Could you please provide the link where you found this information? I've never heard that about the geranium. I use it in my OCM, homemade decleor ylang-ylang aromaessence, and homemade cleansing cream. If it's true that you shouldn't use it repetitively then I'm in trouble...

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
lisarousie wrote:
HEllo,
i recently started using OCM and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I have two large areas on my nose that are completely blackhead free, no black dots or anything. so cool and I have only been using for a week. ANyway i wanted to add some geranium EO and lavender to my mix but I am a little worried because the essential oil guide posted on the DIY sticky has a link to the original website that says not to use geranium all the time. How often is all the time? do you they mean topically or inhaling? does anyone know if it is safe to use a couple drops of geranium EO in my ocm mix every morning and evening? Help! Please Smile
Lisa
I use a few drops of Geranium EO in my ACV Super Toner twice daily without problems. Just remember that you only need to use 1 drop of EO per application, meaning that if you are mixing your OCM oil fresh each time, add only 1 drop of Geranium oil. If you are premixing a large bottle of OCM oil and just dispensing a bit out for each use, then you can safely add about 10 drops of geranium oil per 8-ounce.

HTH,
Carrie

5% products discount

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much for replying. the link is on the diy website...http://www.standinghorse.com/soothingessentials/berga.html

ok...i guess i will add it then...all of you seem to be ok and i pretty much trust anything you say carekate.
thanks

does anyone know if i can add whole milk or yogurt to the aspirin mask when i am about to use it...i want to mis all the other ingredients in a large batch and then add milk product everytime i want to use it in my hand so that i don't ahve to worry about the milk spoiling...thanks
lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
lisarousie wrote:
thank you so much for replying. the link is on the diy website...http://www.standinghorse.com/soothingessentials/berga.html

ok...i guess i will add it then...all of you seem to be ok and i pretty much trust anything you say carekate.
thanks

does anyone know if i can add whole milk or yogurt to the aspirin mask when i am about to use it...i want to mis all the other ingredients in a large batch and then add milk product everytime i want to use it in my hand so that i don't ahve to worry about the milk spoiling...thanks
lisa

Adding the dairy products sounds like the Super Tonic Mask...Here's the recipe from the DIY thread....

Recipe for Dr. Holland’s Super Brightening Super-Sonic Facial Mask

What you’ll need:
• Large bottle of plain/generic, uncoated aspirin
• Clean, empty small jar or other similar container
• Granulated (i.e.: white) or brown sugar
• Lactic Acid Concentrate
• Aloe Vera juice (may substitute plain distilled water, or strongly-brewed green and/or chamomile tea *made* with distilled water)
• Aloe Vera Extract (may substitute Jojoba or any other oil of your choice)
• French Green Clay (optional)
• Honey (optional)

What you do:
• Fill jar with approximately 50 aspirin tablets;
• Add just enough aloe vera juice/water/tea to completely dissolve the aspirin tablets into a smooth powder;
• Stir in two teaspoons of sugar;
• Add one-eighth teaspoon of Lactic Acid Concentrate (available from the Personal Formulator website);
• Stir in one-fourth teaspoon of Aloe Vera Extract or oil and a splash of honey (if desired);
• If desired, gradually add a portion of French Green Clay to mixture. I like to include the clay in my version simply because I have serious oil control issues so I need all the oil-absorbing help I can get!
• Blend all ingredients by stirring thoroughly. If necessary, drizzle in a bit more oil or other liquid until your mask has reached your desired consistency.

Note: the above-recipe yields approximately enough mask for a one month supply, however you *can* make a ‘single-serving’ size of the mask fresh each day by doing the following:

Use only 2-3 aspirin, a pinch of sugar, a couple of drops of *whole milk* (this replaces the lactic acid concentrate above) in which to dissolve the aspirin, and one drop each of aloe vera extract or oil and honey. Mix it altogether in a small dish or the palm of your hand.

How you do it:
• Two to three times per week, apply thin layer of mask to entire face and neck, avoiding the eye contour area.
• Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes, then moisten fingertips and gently massage mask into skin, rewetting your fingers often.
• Rinse with lukewarn water, pat dry.
• Followup with ACV Toner, then any serums or moisturizers as desired.

Important Note: This mask can be drying for some users, so do not use more often than recommended, no matter how much you may be tempted by the miraculous reduction in red marks from previous breakouts!

Also, it is a good idea to followup this mask by applying a nice, rich facial moisturizer after rinsing mask off and applying ACV toner.

For extremely sensitive skin, you do not need to leave it on for as long as directed, or else you may cut back and use mask only 1-2 per week.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
i know that recipe...i was wondering if i could add a little bit of milk everytime I want to use it...i want to mix everything besides the milk and keep it in a jar and then add a little bit of milk to a small portion of the mix. i don't want to have to mix all the ingredients everytime I want to do the mask but i don't want the milk to spoil either...i don't know if this makes sense Sad
thanks for the replies:)
lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well - instead of the actual dairy product you could get the Lactic Acid then you wouldnt have to worry about it spoiling. I'm def not the DIY expert here, I'm sure someone with far more knowledge will post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Well - instead of the actual dairy product you could get the Lactic Acid then you wouldnt have to worry about it spoiling. I'm def not the DIY expert here, I'm sure someone with far more knowledge will post.
Yes, buying a bottle of lactic acid from the Personal Formualator's means you wouldn't have to worry about the milk-product going bad if you made a large batch, but there is no reason why you couldn't premix all the other ingredients as you suggested, then just scoop out a bit and add a couple drops of your milk-product (cream, buttermilk, anything but skim!) each time.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
woo hoo
thanks guys
i will whip a batch up right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will go with buttermilk since it makes pancakes taste so much better.
lisa

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |