Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Cellulite Musings
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have gone over some old posts and learned alot about cellulite and why it is so hard to get rid of. Like my husbands battle with eczema, I'm not looking for a cure, just some CONTROL. It seems that the jury is still out, some products work a little or not at all. I read that one of the reasons it is visible is thinning skin. I would agree as I haven't had it all my life, just since my skin started aging. So I thought - isn't retinol for thinning skin? Idea Why, could it be that it would work for the backs of the thighs? I wonder....has anyone tried this or looked into its possibilities?!

I am going to try the coffee grounds first as I have experienced some smoothing and tightening of the skin when it is in lotions. I want something direct and stronger. The effect from lotions only usually last one day for me. So my second question: How long does the effect last with the coffee grounds method?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know the answer to your questions, I'm pretty much in the same boat myself! But I've used Clarins Body Lift 2000 and the original Body Lift and - I could have just imagined it, but then again I'm sure my pants were looser around the thighs - they seemed to work at reducing the flab (eww...I have flab!). And they both have caffeine in them. I've never tried anything else to treat cellulite, so I'm a fat lot of help here (no pun intended Laughing )

It never crossed my mind to slap on retinol on the back of my thighs, but now that you mentioned it... but don't you think it'd be expensive to have to do that on a regular basis?

The ground coffee is definitely a good idea, I'm going to try that. I've only used it as a scrub for my hands (ladies, particularly DIYers you'll love this! rub your hands together for a few minutes with the leftover from your percolator, and when you rinse them your hands are the softest! You can do this with instant coffee powder, too, 'cept that it's not grainiy at all, in which case you'd have to leave it on a while before you rinse. Ehm, sorry to hijack your thread, pnw hehe).

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I do think it may be expensive to try the retinol approach, although my retinol is probably cheaper than anything else I'm using except for cleanser and toner. PSF is pretty reasonable. I tried the coffee grounds today - just added 2 spoons of my normal grind to some grapeseed oil and warmed it in the micro for 45 sec. It covered my whole butt and thighs all the way around and turned my skin flush. I have to say I really like the texture of coffee as a scrub. I feel really soft. I did it at the same time as my pumpkin mask so I was a scarey mess hanging out in the bathroom. I had to put towels on the floor to catch stray coffee cuz I got bored so I did a few leg lunges - what a sight it would have been for a peeping tom Laughing When my husband got home he wondered why I smelled like coffee. He thinks I'm crazy but cute Very Happy

Gosh, I wish we knew of someone who has tried retinol below the neck....
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Aha! Little did I know that retinol is often used in cellulite creams for this very reason! Just doing a general search on cellulite products revealed this so I guess that answsers my question Laughing
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I read that Neutrogena's Cellulite product with Retinol is pretty good and smoothing dimpled areas and making a noticeble long term difference. I haven't tried it myself, though.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |