Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
New finds 2006
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Happy new year, and wishing everyone here prettier and happier Smile

Been away for a while, figure it's about time to share some of my new finds :

1, Clarins Beauty Repair Concentrate -- It beats all the detox/drawing stuffs I have tried, which includes Yonka juvenile, Decleor balm essential, Decleor ylang ylang oil and balm, Darphin purifying balm, Dermalogica clearing gel........ It's not drying, it actually moisturize, I use it on my whole face, eyes too. I put it on at night, it flattens any bumps overnight, even the ones which have been hanging around for ages and never seem to surface. Comes in a small bottle, but only takes 3 drops each time, so it lasts a long time.

2, Sexy hair Silky shampoo & conditioner, the best I have tried, other than Audrey's Organics. It gives life and bounce back to my over-processed hair after 2 uses. I will get the mask later.www.sexyhair.com

3, Juice Beauty -- Green apple peel, absolutely stunned by it. I first got a sample from Sephora, didn't feel a thing when I had it on, then I noticed 2 days later, my freckles and acne scars are much lighter. This has become one of favourite exfoliant now. I am currently trying other "green apple" products from Juice Beauty, loving them all.

4, Johnson & Johnson baby bedtime cream wash -- DON'T see MINERAL OIL in this one. Absolutely lovely scent, I am hooked on the baby scent, and I know I am not the only one. My skin feels soft afterwards, it claims to have natural lavender and chamomile in it, and it really seems to relaxes me. I know it's not the best, but what can I say, I love the baby powder scent http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009STDHO/103-0806344-5579808?v=glance

5, Jane Iredale Blush in PARFAIT, lovely color and texture.

6, Bee's Burt pure honey lip balm, very nice.

Anyone has other new finds ?

D

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say that I'm slowly becoming a fan of some of the Burt Bee's products.

I know it might sound a bit weird but the lip balm not only helps the winter chapped lip syndrome, it has also been effective in preventing my cuticles from cracking. (A friend told me years ago to use chapstick on my cuticles to keep them from tearing and cracking in the cold weather.) It worked fairly well but the Burt Bee's lip balm works much, much better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, diderot. Smile

Do you still find the Clarins BRC to be better than Decleor Y-Y balm? DYYB is the best overnight pimple treatment and pore-clearing potion I've used, but hey this CBRC is a must-try, then!

I've never heard of Juice Beauty until you mentioned it, so I'm going to check that out, too. Can you post the ingredients for the exfoliant?

This year so far my purchases have been products already much discussed here, so they aren't particularly 'new' finds - but give me a couple of weeks ... Wink

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pumpingmummy,

I definitely find Clarins BRC better than Decleor YY balm. Decleor YY dries me out since I don't have oily skin, and I see result much faster with Clarins BRC. Before you spend the $60, try to ask for a sample at Clarins counter, it's a good size sample.

I am using Juice Beauty Green Apple cleansing gel, Green apple antioxidant serum, GReen apple sheer spf30 moisturizer, and Green apple peel. THey use all certified organic ingredients, I am loving them all. The ingredients in the green apple peel are : Ingredients:

2 oz: Organic Hydroxy-Acid Juice Solution Of Pyrus Malus (Apple) Juice (Malic), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Juice (Citric) & Vitis Vinifera (White Grape) Juice (Tartaric), Organic Raw Cane Sugar (Glycolic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract (Salicylic), Organic Milk Peptides (Lactic), Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Algae Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate & Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Phospholipids, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium Edta, Xanthan Gum, Azulene, Citrus Reticulata (Mandarin), Litsea Cubeba (May Chang) & Cinnamomum Camphora (Ho Wood) Pure Essential Oils.

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
This is a good thread Very Happy

Here are my recent discovceries:

*MAC Strobe Cream - Where have I been in the morning without this, it really does perk my skin up in the morning, looks really good when mixed with the Dr Hauschka Transluscent Bronze Concentrate.

*Yves St Laurent Cinema - The Perfect winter scent, I have been wearing it all over Christmas and the New Year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I must stop reading threads, I keep finding things I want to buy. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I just tried out Weleda's Everon Lip Balm and I love it! It has such a nice scent and is less sticky than Dr Hauschka's Lip Care Stick.
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
My recent finds are:

Aromaleigh Mineral Loose Blush in Verve: it's pretty pigmented, but when I apply it very sparingly with a fan brush, it's a very pretty soft pinky rose with subtle sparkle

Prada Lip Tint #2: Makes my lips nice and soft and imparts just a hint of peachy rosey nude shine. I like that it has SPF15, too. I also heard this is being sold at TJmaxx and Marshalls for only $8 for a box of 8 or 10!!! Ackk! I wish I could be so lucky to find these deals! It retails for $38! :P

Dove SPF 15 Eye brightening eye cream: it leaves my eye area nicely moisturized without causing milia(I'm highly prone to it). I don't think it's doing anything to remove fine lines, but I'm definitely not getting any new ones. As for the brightening, it has thise super fine shimmer in it so it makes your eyes look brighter, but it definitely doesn't fade any dark circles or anything like that.

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask: This does a great job of drying out those "that time of the month" monsters. It has Benzoyl Peroxide as its active ingredient.
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I can't get over how much I like a new Oil of Olay product. I got a sample in the mail of Moisturinse in shower body lotion.

I've noticed a difference in my skin, so soft and NOT flaky at all (a big winter problem for me). It came with three individual packets. I turned the water off after my shower, slathered it on and turned the water back on for a quick rinse off.

Wow, really effective!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite products of 2006 (so far...) are:
L'Occitane Shea Butter-good for lips, cuticles and hands.
Burts Bees Cuticle Cream-I use this and the Burts Bees Banana Hand Cream before I go to bed
Alba Sugar Cane Body Polish-smells so good too
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been all over the boards with Dermadoctor
Wrinkle Revenge for eyes and face
Fauxfillment-to fill lin wrinkles temporarily but does a nice job at smoothing.
POUTlandish-super rich and wonderful for super dry and cracked lips[/b]
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
It's been a good start to 2006 skincarewise for me. I have found my holy grail every day moisturiser and been pleasantly surprised by a few other products I never knew I needed. Here is my list:
- Devita Solar Protective Moisturiser 30
Light texture, no chemicals, no breakouts, physical SPF 30
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Brightener
Got rid of my light freckles in three weeks
- Johnsons Bedtime Babywash
Just so relaxing and moisturising
- Jo Woods Organics body lotion Amka
Beatiful decadent glass bottle with black flower print, first class organic ingredient (orange fruit water is the base in stead of water) and a sensuous blend of Iranian rose otto, Egyptian jasmine, neroli, bergamot, green mandarin and sweet orange grounded in a soft base of cedarwood.
- Liz Earle Superbalm Concentrate
I love this little rollerball of soothing moisture for easy on the go application or a deeply nourishing treat. My skin literally drinks this blend of organic rosehip oil, argan oil, lavender, neroli, chamomile and natural vitamin e.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
Not much to report in terms of new faves....the only stars I've discovered for myself are Prevage and FACEatelier foundation!
Pudoodles Very Happy
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings!

A couple of new finds I've enjoyed so far:

Yardley's Scrub Me Tender Sugar Body Scrub: Smells absolutely delicious - a nice sugary pineapple scent. Has lots of sugar granules that disolve on your skin as you scrub (no grit left in your shower). Does a great job of exfoliating and refreshing the skin on your body.

Alba Organics Vitamin C Moisturizer:
I wasn't optimistic about this one, as it looked very heavy in the jar (almost like a balm). However it has a heavenly orange scent and does leave my face baby soft.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Discovered some more little luxuries:

*Physicians Formula Plumping Lip Palette, I can't really say it did much plumping but I love the colours and the fact that it is a natural lipstick, staying powder is good too and the packaging is cute.

*Burt's Bees Lipshimmers......yes I have only just discovered these Rolling Eyes

*MAC 219 Brush, this is like a a pencil brush and it is fantastic for smudging in my eyeliner or using eye shadow as an eyeliner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
1. Dior Eyeshadows (my new splurge)
2. Neutrogena Face wash
3. L'Oreal Acne Peel Kit
4. Juice Green Apple Peel
5. Perscriptives Flawless Makeup and Concealer...unbelievable coverage!!!
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
Quote:
I just tried out Weleda's Everon Lip Balm and I love it! It has such a nice scent and is less sticky than Dr Hauschka's Lip Care Stick.

I'm always looking for good lip balms, and just ordered the Everon lip balm to try it out! Thanks for sharing this.

Here are a couple of products that I've tried this year that I will be re-ordering:
--Mario Badescu Rose Hip Nourishing Oil--a few drops of this before I moisturize in the AM, and my skin feels maintains a feeling of freshness and hydration throughout the day. It is not oily at all. Here are the ingredients: Ingredients: Rose Hips Extract, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Germall.

--Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream--awesome for dry eye area. Highly emollient. Ingredients: Ingredients: Deionized Water, Polyglycerylmethacrylate (and) Propylene Glycol, Carnation Oil, Propylene Glycol (and) Water (and) Euphrasia Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth-20, Vegetable Oil, Aloe, Polyquaternium-24 (and) Hyaluronic Acid.

--Dermalogic MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque--my face is loving this in the evening after I cleanse. The directions state to wash off after 10-15 minutes, but I leave it on all night. The skin on my face and neck does feel a bit firmer. This has become one of my favorite masks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ojon hair products. Little pricey but smells awesome and leaves my hair soft, but managable. My stylist noticed the difference too, far fewer damaged ends.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Guerlain Fleur de Teint Foundation

The best foundation ever. Moisturizing, ligh to medium coverage, great smell. Best of all, I get no breakout from it. Laughing Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
1. RoC Peel-EX Radiance

2. The Organic Pharmacy Rose Gel Cleanser

3. IS Clinical Super Serum (and I think my new Active Serum will soon follow)

4. Guerlain Fleur de Teint (love it, especially our special colors in Japan that suit my ghost-like skin)

5. Weleda Rose Cream Bath (and Weleda products in general)
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I started really buying up stuff from EDS this summer so I have a long list

Dr Hauschka's Cleansing Cream (I can't find anything that works as well, though Primavera comes close)
Dr Hauschka's eye balm
Dr Hauschkas's clay mask
Dr Hauscka's lip balm and stick
Dr. Hauschka's bronzing concentrate

Decleor Ylang Ylang oil and balm
Decleor Purifying mask
Decleor Rose d'orient oil and balm
Harmonie Cream
Decleor lip balm

Dermalogica Daily microexfoliant
Dermalogica Skin prep scrub
Dermalogica Anti bac mask

Bioelements Decongestant Cleanser

Juice beauty anti-redness serum

I've started using Ice Elements Anti ageing serum and Edelweiss serum, souffle, Radience cleanser, 2mm mask, n/o moisturizer.

B. Kamins Acne gel with BP
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
I must stop reading threads, I keep finding things I want to buy. Confused

Me too!!! Embarassed
My finds are:
Skincubed Eye Repair treatment (holy grail for my eyes - replaced my Prevage)
Dremu emu oil
PSF Retinol 1.0 night treatment
MAC gel liners (goodbye Smashbox!)
Laura Geller Bronze and Brighten (first bronze powder I have ever used that doesnt make my uber fair skin look dirty!)
LipFusion XL
Pudoodles
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Lips2Kiss...I love these products.

Skin Cubed eye cream *Thank You Louis!*

Carrie's Lash Conditioner

1000 Lash Tint kit

Emu Oil

Nars Orgasm blusher

Nars Primer
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Gosh, it's been a long year and I don't remember half the products I've discovered. Here are the ones I can think of for now.

PSF Emergen-C Repair Serum 12% Vitamin C
PSF Nite Repair 0.5% Active Retinol
Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk (my HG cleanser )
Yon-Ka Lotion
Yon-Ka Serum
Yon-Ka Pamplemousse
Yon-Ka Phyto 58
Yon-Ka Masque 105
Borghese Fango Brilliante Mud Mask
Karin Herzog Mild Scrub
Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream
Sisley Phyto-Lip Star Extreme Shine
La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream
The Organic Pharmacy Rose Cleansing Gel
Smashbox Eye Shadow
Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner
Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Boots Mediterranean Body Butter

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Yeah not much that Ive discovered in 2006 that I would re purchase
Clinique moist surge gloss
Guerlain kiss kiss gloss
Skinceutical vitc ferlic serum

I cant think of anything else at this stage, Im sure it will come to me later
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |