Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Gift Set (coffret)
QVC Day of Beauty - Thursday the 9th!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jolene4him
5% products discount

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
QVC is having a Day of Beauty Very Happy today which for me on the West coast began at 9 p.m. last night. The first 2 hours were what I call "speed beauty" where each company spends 5 - 10 mins profiling 1 or 2 of their products - even Dr. Brandt was in attendance pushing his Laser Tight. Three standouts for me - the YSL Touche Eclat for $36 - a pen highligher for spots all over face; a set of Dr. Denese exfoliating pads & Moisturizing Serum .50 for $59 and last but not least, a "try-me" of 5 Ojon products for $30. What an education watching all the pros apply one targeted product and hearing the testimonials of product results! Wanted you to know. Cool
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I have never seen any of the QVC beauty segments but always see lots of mentions on what has been advertised and demonstrated.

Hmmmm do I want to get hooked on yet another TV station, it's bad enough having Sky One!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Jolene,
Does your YSL pen ever smell? And if so do you have any clue why? I find when I havent used it for a bit the smells awful? Love the results but not liking the funky smell.

Melissa
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Jolene,
Does your YSL pen ever smell? And if so do you have any clue why? I find when I havent used it for a bit the smells awful? Love the results but not liking the funky smell.

Melissa

how old is it???
I've had one about 5 months...I use it occasionally (with so much else to use, I forget about it). I just checked it, it doesn't smell.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
My YSL pens never smell, but one of them turned gray. I don't know why, it looked like mold, but I still love the product!!!! I figured it must have been an old pen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
wow thanks for replies, maybe I received an old one, it has done this since I first used it, it is now getting rather old, but this isnt a new problem.

Melissa
jolene4him
5% products discount

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
use your make-up and skin care products within six (6) months of purchase for best results so say every make-up artist that applied make-up to my modeling day mugg Wink . And that's in cool, dry environment, not lugging around in our cars, purses, desk drawers (where the a/c is off for the weekend). Cool Love you ladies, have a great weekend!
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
i have ysl pens that were bought in france over 1 year ago.
they do not smell and did not change their consistency.

don't know if products sold in usa are somewhat different. someone on mua mention that when discussing french perfume.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
May I stress the advise given me was for "best results." Exposure to air oxidizes. The better quality the product to start, naturally the longer shelf life. Smile
Mabsy

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Jolene,

Melissa

The last two that I've had did end up going mouldy and smelling moldy as well. I try to clean them with rubbing alcohol now to prevent this. I once went to a dept store and had a look at their YSL pen, it was also moldy and smelly. It seems to be a bit of a problem with those pens - perhaps the constant dampness and maybe also, in my case, added Australian humidity. That makes me wonder if I will buy another one again as the constant cleaning of it is a) tedious and b) wastes product. Btw, I buy my pens from Australia or the USA, depending on if I'm traveling ocerseas. The last two that I've had were from USA and Singapore I think.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have also seen on qvc that you hold the pen down and clean the brush with a brush cleaner, just like you would all your other makeup brushes.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
adrianaL wrote:
I have also seen on qvc that you hold the pen down and clean the brush with a brush cleaner, just like you would all your other makeup brushes.

Brick wall I didn't even think of that! And I even have the Colorescience spray-on brush cleaner! D'oh!

Thank you! Embarassed

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Thalgo Marine Shower Gel (250 ml / 8.45 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml)