Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

yellowish + veiny eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
not_her
5% products discount

Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
does anyone have or know how to get rid of yellowish/veiny eyes? does anyone know what causes it? the whites of my eyes seem to be yellow only where they are exposed..if that makes sense Rolling Eyes any help would be greatly appreciated!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nother,

I would consult your family doctor first and foremost.

While I certainly can't be certain, and I'm not a doctor, when the whites of the eye have a yellow tinge, it can be a sign of jaundice.

Jaundice is a symptom rather than a disease and there are a number of conditions that result in jaundice, one of which is a specific form of anemia.

Once you've ruled out a medical cause for this, then you can figure out a cosmetic remedy, if one exists.

Good luck

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with Mary. Schedule a checkup with your doctor. Jaundice can also indicate liver problem. My father's doctor noticed how yellow his eyes were when he went in for a totally unrelated problem. He ended up having his gallbladder taken out.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
hm, i go to the doctor regularly, and they always seem to check my eyes but didnt say anything about it. also, ive asked an optometrist about it and he said it's nothing to worry about, but it's ugleh! Laughing

anemia causes jaundice? ive only heard of it being caused by the liver, but if you have anymore info on that, it might be helpful! my mom is anemic so there's a chance that i might be too. i did a blood test for anemia about 3 years ago and i just did another one im waiting on the results Neutral
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Not Her,

Here is a good article on the things that can result in jaundice:

http://www.medicinenet.com/jaundice/article.htm

Good luck!

Mary

5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
thanks a lot!!
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Press your finger against your skin on your forehead, if it blanches yellow then you may have high levels of bilirubin deposits in your connective tissue.
OR-- the Sun can yellow the whites of your eyes. Children and babies are the only people I have seen with really white eyeballs. So wearing sunglasses can prevent further yellowing. There used to be an eye drop that would neutralize yellow that was called Mavala Eye Tint and it was blue. It was taken off the market because the preservatives used in it were not working and causing conjuctivitis and other infections of the eyes in people. I am not sure if they are going to redo their formula and remarket it or not.
ALSO high cholesterol can cause a yellowish tint and visible blood vessels on the eyes
ALSO diabetes can cause this condition- retinopathy.
Go to the doctor and get a blood test to see if you may have a medical condition causing this. Otherwise not much you can do but drink plenty of water and wear sunglasses. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
hmmmm i did a blood test recently and brought home the results, it has my bilirubin levels in there, do you think you would know whether it's high or normal?
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
0.5-1.1 mg/dl serum bilirubin is normal in adults. This is the value that we use at the hospital, but labs can test things differently and have different values that are normal in that institution. If you have a serious abnormality your doctor will tell you and treat it. So if you're a little higher than this I wouldn't freak because you are probably just fine. The doctor will be looking at all your lab values and symptoms for a complete diagnosis, so this value alone is not necessarily a diagnostic factor for jaundice.
Anyway your eyes will get yellower with age, just wear sunglasses and sometimes detoxifing your body will help. Cool Cool ha ha

I have also heard that blue mascara can counteract the yellowness making your eyes look more white!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
My son in college has a hereditary disease called Gilbert's Syndrome. It causes jaundice as a babe and keeps your bilirubin count high w/ more yellow in your eyes. There are no lasting reprecussions other than you have to be aware taking tylenol, accutane (which is why I never let him take for acne in high school), or drinking excessive alcohol. That has always kept him in check because he is aware he has it, and it gives him a reason to be the designated driver, nonbinger (since he is in a fraternity this is a blessing).

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Its not jaundice... if the yellowish part is only the exposed area...it is definitely not jaundice if it is jaundice, the whole white of the eyeball is yellowish... your problem is called dirty sclera... it maybe due to stress, lack of sleep..or you sleep too late..or you're washing your face while your eyes are still tired..
emark14

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
hi...like nother ...same problem yellowish eye,the doctor said just a dirty sclera..can the yellowish part have a chance to go back to its normal color?? Crying or Very sad please.help...
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to look into taking some Milk Thistle. This might help...if it does, you may have a stressed out liver.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:12 am      Reply with quote
If you've been to the Dr. & your blood work is normal you could try going to a good health food store & ask them for advice as to what supplements to take.

Detoxifing your body is always a good place to start by going on a light cleanse & eating healthy & drinking lots of H20.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:04 am      Reply with quote
In TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine), yellow eye white is due to :

1) aging and
2) poor blood circulation

Some people here against TCM, so if you don't, you can try to roll your eye balls whenever you are free. Try foot bath and avoid certain food in your diet.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:

1) aging and

Some people here against TCM, so if you don't, you can try to roll your eye balls whenever you are free. Try foot bath and avoid certain food in your diet.

this makes sense. discolouration would be an indication of ill health.

i wonder what it means when your white parts of eyes are blue-grey.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
critic wrote:

1) aging and

In TCM, white parts of eyes are blue-grey is due to having too much wind in the body, but usually seen from babies and small kids.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
llina wrote:
critic wrote:

1) aging and

In TCM, white parts of eyes are blue-grey is due to having too much wind in the body, but usually seen from babies and small kids.

what is wind? too much wind?
i've had blue grey eyeballs since i was a child and it will not go away. sometimes, it is a vibrant color and pple look at me weird.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
In TCM, wind is everywhere and will easily go into your body and damage your health.

You should know mom has to pat the baby's back after feeding her, which is to help baby release the wind from the bottle.

Said women, when we deliver our baby, tons of wind go into women body, and for Chinese people, we don't allow to take a bath, wash our hair after give birth. We eat ginger everyday to get rid of the wind.

If you were baby, I will recommend you to roll you eyes with a hard boiled eye. (remove the egg shell, wrap the egg with a thin cotton towel) I saw my mom did it for my son when he was little, and it was amazing that the blue color will fade after few times rolling. And don't eat the egg after rolling.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
In TCM, wind is everywhere and will easily go into your body and damage your health.

You should know mom has to pat the baby's back after feeding her, which is to help baby release the wind from the bottle.

Said women, when we deliver our baby, tons of wind go into women body, and for Chinese people, we don't allow to take a bath, wash our hair after give birth. We eat ginger everyday to get rid of the wind.

If you were baby, I will recommend you to roll you eyes with a hard boiled eye. (remove the egg shell, wrap the egg with a thin cotton towel) I saw my mom did it for my son when he was little, and it was amazing that the blue color will fade after few times rolling. And don't eat the egg after rolling.

why not! its all good! Laughing

well, i'll try this. thanks. it can't hurt. if you think of anything else for it, let me know.
thank you!

critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Try to add ginger to your daily diet.

e.g. if you steam or boil veggies, add one or 2 slices of ginger.

if you like the taste of ginger, just boil a cup of water together with few slices of ginger. I drink it very often in winter.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
thanks critic. yes, my mom says so too. that i should drink homemade fresh ginger tea, and eat ginseng.

(i usually drink coffee all day, or if it is too cold, i will drink a gentle white tea.)

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
wow, you're very informed on this health and well being.
i think this kind of down to earth knowledge is a great asset!

Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
It's not jaundice, or liver problems, it is just aging. This is what my eye doctor told me...the sclera develops fatty deposits over time and becomes discolored, and sorry, no amount of dietary changes or Chinese medicine is going to help. There is an eye whitening procedure that was floating around the board for a while, but it is quite pricey.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
It's not jaundice, or liver problems, it is just aging. This is what my eye doctor told me...the sclera develops fatty deposits over time and becomes discolored, and sorry, no amount of dietary changes or Chinese medicine is going to help. There is an eye whitening procedure that was floating around the board for a while, but it is quite pricey.

Eye whitening procedure sounds very scary!

No Chinese medicine is going to help, but rolling eye balls will help, it is a popular method in TCM to bright-up the eye white, I am doing it whenver I got nothing to do. Most books are recommending to roll 50 times a day.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |