Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Casper Sends a Hello!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! Finally, you get to see me!!
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
How beautiful!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh, he's gorgeous! (And I see from his colouring why he probably got his name. Very Happy )
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
She's beautiful. Very Happy
Is she feeling better now?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
wow, what gorgeous eyes! What a beautiful cat!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Casper is adorable!!!
Aww I love his collar with the little heart Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Awww..what a pretty kitty Very Happy

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
She's beautiful. Very Happy
Is she feeling better now?

Yes, she seems to be doing better since her trip to the vet on Friday evening. I have been giving her an antibiotic (which she hates! Treats must follow each dose!) as well as a pain reliever (a few drops in her food). The vet also gave her an injection of an antibiotic & pain reliever while there, to get them into her system right away.

I had to bring in a "sample" yesterday, as they're doing urinalysis to determine if she has simply a bladder infection or kidney stones. I am hoping, and I am concluding it's only an infectinn, based on her present state. Happy, comfortable, improving, etc. Playing & frisky.

The worst part of the trip: trying to get her into her carrier/kennel. As soon as she sees it, she's not a happy camper. I have scratches on my shoulders and chest, from her resisting getting in. I've now figured out that it is easier for me to take the thing apart, put her in, and then screw the top back-on. Embarassed She's not a lightweight either: 13.5 lbs. Her vet is about nine blocks away: a good 15 minute walk, carrying her royal highness. It's faster for me to walk there, than wait for a cab, as not all cab drivers accept animals.

Oh-well. She had an adventure: seeing things on the streets, hearing (scary) noises, etc. All from the safety of her kennel Very Happy
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello beautiful Casper. wave
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh.....I want a cat!!!! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
He is Gorgeous!!!
Caspers Mum

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
He is Gorgeous!!!

SHE! Casperilla. Casperilla Petunia. Casperdoodle. Mama Cass ... as-in Cass Ellliot: both she and the late singer had big tummies.

Caspie: she's very, very girlie, and her newer collar is pink, with little flowers & tiny, white * spam *-cats leaping! Same, pink, heart-shaped name tag though.

Casper: girlie-girl cat, and better-looking than Hello Kitty!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Caspers Mum - Casper is just beautiful -- she reminds me of my very first kitty Monty, may he rest in peace.

I'm giving Bustopher antibiotics. He's very very sick (CRF) and I fear isn't long for this world. Enough said.

Antibiotics are extrememly bitter, and are therefore the most difficult pills to administer. After suffering bite marks all over my hands and still failing more than half the time to get him to swallow them, I've gotten a pill gun which really helps (but not always 100%), and at least spares my hands. You may want to try one. Good luck!!! I hope Casper gets well soon!!!
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Casper is so cutieeeeee!!!!
She is so gorgeous...what a lovely cat u got.
I wanna have a cat too....
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Sorry, I just guessed that Casper was a he because of the name! Shock

I know I can't believe it when people refer to my own little cat as "he". She just looks and acts so girly and twee to me! Laughing
Caspers Mum

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
I've gotten a pill gun which really helps (but not always 100%), and at least spares my hands. You may want to try one. Good luck!!! I hope Casper gets well soon!!!

Yes, I agree: it is difficult to administer pills to cats. However, I asked for a liquid-form this time, as it's easier to administer. She takes 1 cc, twice per day, and I use a syringe (no needle, of course). I have to hold her head still, and gradually push on the plunger. Otherwise, she'll choke. If a bit remains around her mouth, it's okay, as she has to clean herself, and ingests the meds then.

BUT ... she's now eating canned, prescribed food. She LOVES this, of course, and I hate the smell. I can simply mix her antibiotic with the food, and she's none the wiser.

The antibiotic is Amoxicillen, and I swear it's the SAME stuff that I took as a kid, because it smells like the same banana-flavoured one from my youth.

Re: administering pills/tablets. Wrap your cat in a towel, grab his jaw from behind, and gently press on the joint. If your hand overlaps his nostrils, he HAS to open his mouth to breathe! Pop the pill in, tip his head back, and rub his throat. This will stimulate him to swallow. Reward him with a treat afterwards, but check to see that he HAS swallowed the meds. Sometimes, I've found soggy pills, which Casper has hid in her gums.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I am very sorry, that I made such a foolish mistake.
I also guessed that Casper was a he because of the name.

She is beautiful!!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |