Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
emu vs jojoba oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolynbronte

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
New to this site but have been glued to it ever since I discovered it.
You've saved me an absolute motsa on skin care.
I've looked around on the benefits of Emu Oil and have left even more confused than ever.
Can anyone please tell me whether Emu Oil is better than Jojoba oil?
Cheers
PS In 40s and desperately trying to stave off the inevitable!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I would not mind seeing what gets suggested about this too, I like to use Jojoba at night time and have been wondering about Emu oil for a while now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Just to make things even more complicated, I have to tell you that I'm using rosehip oil at the moment - and it's great! Laughing

Haven't tried emu or jojoba oil, though, so can't give you a comparison.

Camellia oil's pretty good, too.
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
i bought emu oil based on all the claims found on the web. If you believe them – emu oil is THE best thing since sliced bread.
tried it for several weeks, it was ok - no noticeable benefits but, thankfully, no irritation. It is probably an ok moisturizer, but that’s all.
what i disliked the most is the smell. i ended up adding a few drops of eo, just to kill its awful smell Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Is emu more suited to dry or oily skins?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I know a bit about this. I've been using emu oil for several months as part of my protocol to cure my dehydrated, oily skin. Here's what cool about emu oil:

It is very anti-inflammatory, therefore is excellent for skin that's under stress. It helps heal the skin barrier. It has the most (I've read) affinity for human skin because of its structure and biochemistry, than any oil. It is totally non-comedogenic/non-acneic. Will not clog pores.

Here's what's cool about jojoba oil. It's really a wax, not an oil. Because of its biochemical structure etc., it is the best "oil-type product" for very oily skin as it has the ability to deter oil glands from over-producing oil. Something about the oil glands think that there's already enough oil so they limit their own production.

Both of these products would be suitable for oily skin, and are preferable to commercial moisturizers because they won't harm the skin barrier. If your goal is to improve the health of your skin, emu oil is the better choice. If limiting oil production is most important, maybe jojoba oil would be a good option. Some people think that a compromised skin barrier is a cause (or contributing factor) to overproduction of oil...if true, emu oil would still be a good choice.

It is possible to obtain emu oil that is completely clear and odor free. You have to buy "triple refined, clear emu oil." LB Processors is a source of that as well as other grades of emu oil. I use that, as well as Skin Biology's thick one (which does have a smell).

Hope that is useful info...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |