Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
black heads! so TUFF!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi, i have alot of white and specially black heads on my face, specially nose and cheeks...i tried OCM...dosent seem to do anything for me with aspirin mask.
is there any 100% working alternative for removing my deep inside stuck black, yellow or white heads. theres some Neutrogena black head remover and some other products from the same line...is that good? any good advice!?
I will go buy grapeseed oil, will mix that with castor see what i get...thnx in advance.
Ejay90

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello
"I" found that the Neutrogena products for specific problems ie: Black heads, was just another gimmick to get you to buy yet another product for a specific problem. Black heads are tough, I will tell you for me..I have found that you have to "work" at them. The deep ones take time. I know the asprin mask has worked for me, it seems to draw them out. Also, if you steam or warm your skin on your face and then use your finger nails to try to draw them out (I know a bad NO NO, don't touch!) I know I can not be the only one that does this. I find if "they" are not ready to come out, STOP. Try again another time...repeat the process. Evenually you work them out. At least that is my findings.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I dig at blackheads too...You do need to be careful though. My friend did one a year ago and it just made a mess...and is still visible.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
thnx alot for the advice...i guess i just need to be more patient...thing is, i use a warm flannel on my face, i dont use steam or hot water...my skin turns really red...im very sensitive to heat, as my skin reacts quickly to it. I wish there was another alternative to open pores...but i guess, ill just have to be patient...thnx again!
Ejay90

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ejay,

I'm sorry that OCM and the aspirin mask didn't help you at all. OCM, as you know, was my salvation in terms of blackheads.

However, there are two ingredients that really help with blackheads ... salicyllic acid and Retinoids.

Both things work in a similar way. Salicyllic acid works to peel away layers of skin ... as do retinoids ... but retinoids are stronger and work at a deeper level.

I'd go to your doctor and get him/her to prescribe some form of retinoid for you. Note that retinoids come in two forms ... cream based and alcohol gel based. The alcohol gel based will be stronger than the cream of the same concentration ... and the cream might actually clog your pores making the situation worse.

You work up to retinoid use slowly ... so that your skin doesn't get too irritated ... and the your skin should look improved after about 6 weeks of treatment.

I have recently begun using retinoids for wrinkle reduction and firming ... and I often use a salicyllic acid peel as well ... to help faster dissolve the little flakes of "dead" cells that need to come off.

I can see how retinoid treatment could eventually get rid of deep-seated blackheads and other blemishes.

However, you might try to find some salicyllic acid products that could also help you should you not want to get a prescription.

I never did find any commercial salicyllic acid products that helped ... but I did purchase some salicyllic acid from the pharmicist and mix up my own solutions ... and they work very well.

Good luck

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh,those nasty blackheads and huge pores.I use Queen Helene Mud pack Masque(OTC &cheap)I warm everything and let it draw out the nasties.Then I use my good stuff.I like Topical VitC,GC,Emu clear,and love to try new things.
Be beautiful..smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Face Wash Cream and Dr. H CC are the best for blackheads. They won't disappear all in one day but with continue use, you can definately tell a difference.

Asprin mask is still the best. It is possible that you didn't leave it on long enough. When I leave asprin mask on for over half an hour, I would peel a little. Then I use Jurlique Face Wash Cream to draw all the impurity out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've had black heads for close to 50 years. they are tough little buggers.

The best thing I've found is Differin gel. It is a form of retin-a and needs a script in the USA. You can order it from inhousepharmacy without a script. I think it's about $48 - 50.

Differin along with gentle expressing has been the best thing by far that I've used in 50 years.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I had some really stubborn blackheads on my nose and what worked for me was the 55% Lactic Acid Peel from MUAC...www.makeupartistschoice.com . I noticed a big difference the first time I used it.hth
Mabsy

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
My vote goes to the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream or the Jurlique Face Wash Cream. It takes a bit of effort but I saw results in two weeks time and my face was looking really healthy as well Smile

Apart from that, Decleor Essential Balm is good as well IMO. I am yet to re-try the aspirin mask (with honey this time) so can't yet comment on that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
allright, thnx alot all for taking the time to answer my question!
Ejay90

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Try the Homemade Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, it has worked wonders on my pores and Blackheads Very Happy :

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=0

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
The one thing that has helped my blackheads is Paula's Choice 1% BHA (salicylic acid) lotion, which I have been using now for about three weeks. It's gentle, and I haven't experienced any stinging. I have red, sensitive skin, so I have started with the lower concentration (there is also a 2% lotion), which seems good enough for now. I might upgrade to the 2% when I've finished this bottle. My blackheads haven't disappeared altogether, but there are definitely fewer of them, and the ones that remain are significantly smaller and less noticeable. Very Happy

I love Dr H Cleansing Cream, I have been using it for five months, and my overall skin tone has really improved - but I can't say it has really done that much for my blackheads. The salicylic acid lotion is the only thing I've ever used that has actually made a noticeable difference. It exfoliates my dry, flaky cheeks too, which also makes me very happy!

Cheers! Smile
Yulia
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask. I tried a sample of it yesterday. I noticed a big difference with my blackheads and I didn't even leave it on for the full 15-20 minutes.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
My goodness, now I want to try that rejuvenating mask more than ever!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that my skin looked different but I couldn't pin point what. After a good couple of minutes of staring at myself, I noticed that I had fewer blackheads. Amazing. Smile I'm sure it'd work for you too Liz. We have similar skin. Laughing
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yep they're tough little buggers Sad The cleansing creams mentioned didnt work for me. I used the oil cleansing method for the first time yesterday and i think a few blackheads came out! I could feel a few little grainy things as i was massaging and when i looked closely i thought they may be blackheads.Paulas choice BHA products are good,they have helped a bit but found my skin becomes to dried out when I use it everyday so have had to cut back.
Seeing as you have so many,maybe a prescription retinoid might be the way to go of your skin can tolerate it.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Grr...hate my blackheads. I have tried it all, 1% bha, 2% bha, green cream, rx retinoid, mandelic acid, clarisonic brush, Dr H CC, cleansing oil. I think they have decided to take permanent resident on my nose.

I haven't tried the gel version of rx retinoid since I have really dry skin.

I may try 5% bha next if it doesn't burn my skin off Shock

PS. Dr H rej mask and CC cream gave me contact dermatitis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
Grr...hate my blackheads. I have tried it all, 1% bha, 2% bha, green cream, rx retinoid, mandelic acid, clarisonic brush, Dr H CC, cleansing oil. I think they have decided to take permanent resident on my nose.

I haven't tried the gel version of rx retinoid since I have really dry skin.

I may try 5% bha next if it doesn't burn my skin off Shock

PS. Dr H rej mask and CC cream gave me contact dermatitis.

Have you tried a BHA in a product with alcohol in the ingrediants? I've heard its more effective as the alcohol acts as a carrier.I might try something different to Paulas next. I know how you feel. I have had them since i was 14. I had good skin them bam....blackheads that havent left me since.If only the skin on my t zone was like the skin on my cheeks(no blackheads at all)
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="carolb69]Have you tried a BHA in a product with alcohol in the ingrediants? I've heard its more effective as the alcohol acts as a carrier.I might try something different to Paulas next. I know how you feel. I have had them since i was 14. I had good skin them bam....blackheads that havent left me since.If only the skin on my t zone was like the skin on my cheeks(no blackheads at all)[/quote]

Hi,

I have tried all of PC's version (lotion, gel, liquid) and Linda Sy's acne oil control gel which is alcohol based. Sad All I got was a dry flaky nose. I just have blackheads on my nose and clogged pores on my cheek area next to my nose. Hate them!!! Guess I shouldn't complain...at least they are not full blown acne.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah BHA's dry my skin too. I've decided not to let them bother me so much, just aim to get my skin looking healthy as i can-then your flaws dont look so bad. Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Yeah BHA's dry my skin too. I've decided not to let them bother me so much, just aim to get my skin looking healthy as i can-then your flaws dont look so bad. Smile

Yep! I like that! I just need to stop staring at my nose and learn not to squeeze. I am sick of sporting the rudolph look on the weekends Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
i use Dr. H CC and it helps with my blackheads
pinkmelody
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
i tried using those acne gel on my nose, and it actually diminishes a few pores and some blackheads
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I too have tried all of PC's version (lotion, gel, liquid) and they did not work for me at all, even Retin-A could not get rid of all my blackheads, it helps somewhat though. I would love to find a product that could get rid of them.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |