Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

oral antibiotics - how long do they take to work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Okay I'm pretty sure I have both Comedonal acne (requiring topical treatment) and Pustular (requiring an oral antibiotic). These pictures of a girl I saw on a website are identical to what my skin looks like. Scroll down and you'll see the two top pictures. Her cheeks are EXACTLY what my cheeks look like and her chin is EXACTLY what my chin looks like.

http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/acne.html

Now I need to find a dermatologist in Philly to accept my insurance.

How long do oral antibiotics take to show results?

And I don't know what I should use for the topical treatment (if the problem even is what I think it is). My skin dries up so easily and it seems like the best ones are really irritating.

All input is appreciated! Thanks ladies!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
it'll take one month or so before you notice results. Are you on birth control? If you're on the pill and sexually active you will need to use condoms or some other protection because the oral drugs will make your pill less effective and increase the chances of getting pregnant. (You should always use them anyways, unless you've been with them a long time, are exclusive and have been tested.)

As for the tropical treatment, just tell the dermatologist you see that you need to be on the lowest dosage to start with and work your way up because you've had products burn your skin before.

There's also that blue-light therapy...maybe that's a better option?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Never trust these pictures, they are just there to lure you into using the product.

I was on antibiotics, topical applications all though my teens for acne, then I was put on the contraceptive pill.
The antibiotics really messed up my stomach (friendly bacteria) and I constantly suffered from thrush and cystitis.

I am still on the pill but for contraceptive reasons not for acne.
The most effective acne treatment for me was taking daily supplements of Zinc, B 100 Complex and Vitamin A/fish oils.

The zinc especially worked wonders on my skin, I took 50mg a day for months then reduced to 25mg when I noticed my skin had cleared significanty.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |