Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dry Heels Solution!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I always have dry heels and have tried many different creams/lotions or remedies but no help at all. I have deep lines on my heels, thick skin on the ball of my feet, little tiny skin lift up from my heels, feels like sand paper. If people out there have the same problem should know how frustrated it is to try to have soft and smooth heels. About a month ago I bought Jan Marini Bioglycolic Hand and Body lotion. Why I bought this lotion?? Because it's on sale, 75% off at dermstore.com. Yes, price was the only reason I bought it. I did not expect much. To me, it's just another body lotion and I've used many different brands. Not a single body lotion really impressed me. For last 2 weeks, I did my regular routine, scrub my feet twice a week, put on this Bioglycolic Body lotion on my entire feet and ankles after I showered. I noticed the line were all gone after 1 week, all thick skin were gone after 2 weeks. And now I have soft and smooth heels as I always wanted. Yes, in two weeks, only applied 4 times, well, maybe 5. I used other brand lotion in between but not daily. I will continue using this lotion and definitely purchase again when I'm out.

It helped my heels but did nothing to my nasty hands. I better surf on internet for other sales, maybe I'll find something on sale for my hands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like I remember reading a few months ago that the Skin Eternal HA helped with dry heels....anyone else remember this????

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
It seems like I remember reading a few months ago that the Skin Eternal HA helped with dry heels....anyone else remember this????
Yes, it's documented in the "Eureka" thread. Don't forget about the Diamancel or imposter Diamancel diamond foot files for helping to keep those nasty heel calluses at bay!

MACrisis - what are the ingredients in your JM lotion? You could probably make a simplified homemade version....

Speaking of which, I just discovered the wonders of Mango Butter to treat my severely and chronically dry skin on my lower legs and it works great! I even tried it as a lip balm and it kept my lips moist and hydrated all night, although the taste/scent leaves something to be desired. I need to work on that part, adding in some EOs or mixing the Mango with Cocoa Butter and see if it gets more palatable. But the Mango Butter has worked better for me on my legs than did the pure lanolin! Just in time for shorts/capris/dresses weather too, so I'm not afraid to reveal my legs -- I think I'm in love! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I love to smother my heels in Vasaline, then spend half an hour with them up resting on a foot stool while I read a good book Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Also great to sleep in cotton socks after you slather your foot creams on.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
JM Bioglycolic Hand & Body Lotion Ingredients: Deionized Water, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, C12-C18 Alkyi Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate and Peg-100 Stearate, Sorbitol, Hexyl Laurate, Sorbitan Stearate, C12-C18 Alkyl Ester, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Aminophylline, Methylsilanol, Theophyllinacetate Alginate, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Methylpaabgen, Propylparaben, Fragrance.
Its texture is more like a cream than a lotion. Believe me, I have tried all remedies you girls mentioned. I had to consistently put on cream daily and if I missed few days then dry heels again. Also creams, vasaline only gave me soft heels but did not help my calluses. I'll stop using JM lotion for 1 week to see if the result maintained.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
...but did not help my calluses.
Really, you need to try the Diamancel #11 Tough Buffer Foot File, or the imposter "Luxor Diamond Pedicure Wand" or "Ms. Manicure Diamond Dust Pedicure Wand" to completely buff away the calluses -- I don't care if you've used other foot files or pumice stones, a diamond foot file is 100% better. After you've buffed the calluses away with the diamond foot file, then you could use your creams/lotions to keep your heels soft and to prevent the calluses from returning. The Diamancel is just under $50, but the Luxor or Ms. Manicure versions cost only around $12 or less.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
My mother has had great results with Gehwol products for callouses and cracked heals. She LOVES the herbal foot soak (maybe because the smell is so strong that it sends my dad out for his 5 mile walk!) Laughing

Seriously, I was about to demand that she see a podiatrist because I couldn't bear to see her feet or hear her complain about them any more but Gehwol did the trick.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, has anybody (in the U.S.) tried that stuff advertised in the commercial where the woman is sitting on the couch with her husband and he says, “She never used to let me touch them...” (leaving viewers with the implication that he’s referring to a more personal place on her body) and then the wife chimes in “I hated my dry, cracked feet until I found <insert name of wonder product here>...”

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the DDF 18% glycolic for about 9 months now first on my hands and now on my feet. It seems maybe strange that a glycolic cream works well on cracked hands and feet but it really seems to help me so I can see how the bioglycolic also works. My hands are so much smoother. I've also started using the cocoa butter yellow stick and I love that during the day because it isn't sticky at all sort of dryish.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it works. Use vaseline and wear socks when you go to bed.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |