Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica skin smoothing cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Here I go again! Reviewing another Dermalogica product.

It is winter here in the midwest, and the temperatures have plummeted to below zero windchill factor. My normal/dry combo skin has been quite parched due to the excessive forced heat in my house and workplace.

I have been using this moisturizer for the past 3 weeks and have been quite happy with it. The scent is very faint (ylang ylang), and the moisturizer is not too thick nor greasy. I have had absolutely NO breakouts or blackheads with this -- which, for me, is an important factor due to my miniscule pores on my face.

As far as hydration goes, I would give it a 7/10 for this winter. I think it would be perfect for someone with normal-oily skin in the winter. And, I think it will be wonderful for me in the summer months. But, I am sill searching for the UberCream of my dreams for winter --- one that will give my face a nice dewy glow.

Sigh.... the quest continues.

My next purchase: Decleor!!! Smile

Dagny
ramsi
5% products discount

Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review og the skin smoothing cream!!
I've been wanting to try it for a while, but didn't know how it was regarding clogged pores. But now you've really convinced me that I should give it a try!

Since I have normal/dry slightly dehydrated skin, this sounds like a really good cream.

When it comes to Decleor moisturizers, I recently got some samples from EDS.
I really loved Nutri-Delice Meltingly Soft Nourishing Cream, it came on very smooth and gave a nice glow to the face, without getting shiny during the day, and it sank right into my skin. I also tried Nutri-Delice Delicious Ultra-Nourishing Cream , but that one seemed to be too rich for my face, and made it shiny and didn't sink in as well as the other one did.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dagny I am sill searching for the UberCream of my dreams for winter --- one that will give my face a nice dewy glow. My next purchase: Decleor!!!

Dagny, have you tried Decleor's Hydrafloral Cream? Supposedly it's for normal skin, but I find it to be very rich, and leaves my (dry) skin with a "nice dewy glow" that lasts all day. I've found that most other moisturizers will soak in and disappear quickly.

For me, Decleor's Delicious Ultra Nourishing Cream does a better job of moisturizing and makes my skin feel wonderful all day, but it doesn't leave as much of a dewy glow.

Alohagirl;)
dagny
5% products discount

Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:45 am      Reply with quote
HI you guys!

It is funny you should both mention the Hydra Floral and the Nutri-delice because I was contemplating both of those.

My questions for you: any blackheads with them? Do you recommend the emulsion or the cream in the hydra floral? How about the smell? I don't want anything too powerful in scent.

Thanks again! Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love reading reviews and hear what you ladies have to say about the products you're using. I've been using the Dermalogica Skin Soothing Cream for a week now on top of my MD Formulations Facial Lotion at night. The good thing about Dermalogica and MD Formulations is that the products work in total harmony with each other.

The Skin Smoothing Cream is a light cream that is particularly soothing when applied over the top of my MDF Lotion (which contains 12% Glycolic and stang the break out area around my chin), owing to it's Cucumber, Mallow and Arnica. I hadn't noticed it's smell as the scent is so subtle (it's funny how my sense of smell is rendered completely useless when my contacts have been taken out at night!:P)....however this morning, I detected ylang ylang as Dagny wrote.

In terms of hydration, I agree with Dagny in that the Skin Smoothing Cream is better suited to normal/ oilier skin and would be a good, light moisturiser for summer. For my normal/ dry skin the formulation isn't rich enough, that's why it's perfect for night. For me, this antioxidant cream with Grape Seed extract, vitamins A, C and E is great used as a decongesting product for my recovering break-out. I'm using it in the interim while I'm a lady-in-waiting for my Phytomer package from EDS.

And Dagny, as you are on the quest for an "UberCream that will give your face a nice, fresh dewy glow", allow me to recommend mine-- Phytomer Extended Youth Night Cream. It's phenominally turned my skin care around and made this sceptic of anti-ageing products believe!

Summertimegirl Smile
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Dagny,

Decleor's Hydrafloral Cream definitely has a stronger fragrance than the Ultra Nourishing Cream. It smells like floral perfume, and it's the only thing I don't like about the product. I'm "scentsitive", so I won't be reordering the Hydrafloral Cream.

The Ultra Nourishing Cream, on the other hand, has a lighter fragrance. In my opinion, it smells like a pleasant combination of vanilla and freshly cut grass.

Neither product clogged my pores or caused any blackheads. (FYI: I have dry, sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts.)

--Alohagirl:P
dagny
5% products discount

Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the rec, you guys!

Summertimegirl: tell me more about PHytomer's Extended youth cream! what is the scent like? Is it ok for skin prone to blackheads?? I rarely get pimples, but my poor pores get clogged, clogged, clogged. I looked back at some of your Phytomer posts --- wow! You seem to really like the products! I am drawn to products that will benefit my skin (anti-oxidants, protective factors, etc) and also want a product as natural as possible (to eliminate toxicity, etc). Out of curiosity, have you tried any of the Decleor products? I have yet to purchase --- I am currently debating which to buy.

Alohagirl: which of the two is your "favorite"? I am debating between ordering the neroli oil/hydrafloral cream special, or getting the neroli oil and then just ordering a different bed-time cream. As for the UltraNourishing Cream: any sunscreen? I didn't see any mentioned on the EDS website (or other sites, for that matter).

Thanks! Smile
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Of the two, the ultra-nourishing cream is my favorite because it makes my skin feel wonderfully soft and smooth all day, plus the fragrance is nice.

The Hydrafloral has a nice light texture, but the perfume is so strong, it makes my eyes water!

Sorry, I don't have an answer to the sunscreen question. I can't find the ingredients listed online either, and Decleor doesn't list ingredients on samples. (My only complaint about Decleor!)

ramsi
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi, just thought I had to butt in and say that the Decleor moisturizer doesn't contain sunscreen. I only think the Alpha Morning does. So you have to wear a sunscreen on top of it.

The ultra-nourishing cream contain: Active Ingredients: Cereal Concentrate (Quinoa, Sweet Corn, Rice, Sesame Plant Oils, Oat Milk, Barley Grains Extract) 17.5%, Imperata Cylindrica Extract 4%, Angelica Essential Oil 0.03%.

And soft nourishing cream: Active Ingredients: Cereal Concentrate (Quinoa, Sweet Corn, Rice and Sesame Plant Oils, and Oat Milk) 12%, Imperata Cylindrica Extract: 2%, Angelica Essential Oil: 0.03%.

Couldn't find hydra-floral though. I'm sure they contain more, but couldn't find it at Sephora. They're quite similar, but the ultra nourishing is thicker, more like soft butter?
phdfordlg
5% products discount

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
A good friend of mine (a cosmetic professional) gave me a sample of this to try since I have dry skin. The next morning I applied a small amount and within minutes my face was red and inflamed. I was shocked! I immediately removed the cream, doused my face with cold, purified water, then applied my usual Decleor Gentle Soothing Cream. My face was much happier with that.

Dermalogica makes excellent products, but for me, with my dry, sensitive, reactive skin, I was not able to use this product.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Decleor's fragrance is rather strong but when you put it onto your skin it feels so soft and most importantly for me it feels like i'm having aromatherapy on my face! really a wonderful experience!
lisampetersen

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I use this as my night cream along with glotherapeutics retinol serum. I love the light scent. I often find night creams to either be too greasy or fragrant but this is neither.
peachy3001
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I like using this product, I use it day and night. I have oily skin, and it did NOT make my skin oily
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
alohagirl wrote:
Dagny,

Decleor's Hydrafloral Cream definitely has a stronger fragrance than the Ultra Nourishing Cream. It smells like floral perfume, and it's the only thing I don't like about the product. I'm "scentsitive", so I won't be reordering the Hydrafloral Cream.

The Ultra Nourishing Cream, on the other hand, has a lighter fragrance. In my opinion, it smells like a pleasant combination of vanilla and freshly cut grass.

Neither product clogged my pores or caused any blackheads. (FYI: I have dry, sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts.)

I have dry and sensitive skin just like you!! I've tried the Dermalogica skin smoothing cream yet I found it to be a bit rich in texture... After applying, i feel a bit oily. I didn't really like it. I got a 100ml bottle and stopped using it for a long time (left with about 30% in there). I live in tropical Singapore so perhaps this product felt a bit rich for my dry skin in this climate but I am sure it will be okay for those in winter.

I am contemplating Decleor Harmonie (not Hydra Floral though I heard rave reviews). Harmonie is more for sensitive skin and would also address the hydrating portion of the dry skin once the sensitivity is settled. PM me if you've found the perfect moisturiser for you alohagirl!
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
i also bought it , found it irrated my face and stop use it for long time .
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 am      Reply with quote
When i first started this beautician of mine, she recommended i use the the Skin Smoothing lotion. I bought it, and frankly I dont see what its' doing to my skin...I have combination dehydrated skin, which the product didnt seem to make a difference.

I suppose this product would be more suitable
for someone with a more oily face.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |