Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

CG Smoothers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer? CG stands for Cover Girl. I was too impetuous one day to order a tinted moisturizer on-line (although I got great recommendations from the folks here) and I picked up a tube of this Smoothers at a local drugstore. I gotta say.... I love this stuff. It's been about 3 weeks and I use it 3-4 times per week. It suffices as a moisturizer, might have an SPF (not near the tube now), gives a nice dewy finish, and seems to have decent longevity. I'm not ready to give it a rave because I'm convinced that it's too good to be true and I'll wake up one day full of red bumps or something.

Anyone else ready to yay or nay this product?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this product b4 a few yrs ago and I found it just ok cuz it's not enough coverage. If u have dry skin, then it might not be suitable for u cuz I found it enhances the flakes on my skin. I would recommend this product to someone that has normal skin type and doesn't need much coverage. Smile
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yah, extremely light coverage. Great if you have fab skin and just want to glow a little. I have sensitive skin and it's never made me break out. [The packaging says "Oil Free" but if you know Covergirl like I do you know they're a bunch of liars, considering that on their "Clean" line some of their packages say "oil free" and some don't, and all of them contain mineral oil. Sad ] I use this product mostly in the summer when I want SPF and don't want to look gooey if I start sweating off my makeup. Also nice in the winter when your skin is too dry to wear normal foundation without flaking apart.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this product Very Happy Perfect for me cause I don't normally wear makeup so it is nice and light and I don't feel "made-up" just slightly improved Embarassed I also use Murad's tinted moisturizer but I had to use a seperate moisturizer (too drying)so I actually like the CG better
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Still loving this product! I bought the darkest shade for my return from Mexico and it looks just as natural as the light/medium shade I was using. What a good find!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping up this review to add a comment about the SPF 17 in this product. Just returned from a long weekend in Arizona. I applied it in the morning one day when we went out for breakfast, then headed to the pool for the afternoon. I remembered to sunscreen my body but totally forgot my face. Well, the SPF in this moisturizer must work, and it must be waterproof, or close to it, because I did not have any burning at all after several hours, which included swimming in the pool. Just can't say enough about this stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
LandB~ I'm curious if you applied a vitamin c serum in the a.m. before your sun time...regardless it sounds like a find of a product...but I'm wondering about the additional sun-protection benefits of topical C...and C & E combined.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
CyndiK. wrote:
LandB~ I'm curious if you applied a vitamin c serum in the a.m. before your sun time...regardless it sounds like a find of a product...but I'm wondering about the additional sun-protection benefits of topical C...and C & E combined.

Must admit that I packed very lean for the trip... including skin care... so I didn't use my usual routine, which includes a vitamin C serum and spot treating with ADCE. I'll be trying this combo for the summer, though, so we shall see!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin C DOES NOT offer sun protection!!! Always, always, always use a sunscreen on top of your vit C serum....
Mabsy

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Vitamin C DOES NOT offer sun protection!!! Always, always, always use a sunscreen on top of your vit C serum....

I don't think anybody's suggested using it instead of SPF (or at least I hope not) but vitamin C and vitamin E have been clinicaly shown to boost the effectiveness of SPF (can't remember how, but I do remember reading this).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I've read the same thing Mabsy. I don't remember the explanation, but I do remember that at the time, the science of it made sense to me.

I may have misread the post, but I honestly thought there was an "instead of" implication in there.

Took me awhile to figure it out, BUT I'm convinced that finding a great sunscreen that works for you is one of the best things you can do for your skin Exclamation
Mabsy

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Took me awhile to figure it out, BUT I'm convinced that finding a great sunscreen that works for you is one of the best things you can do for your skin Exclamation

I couldn't agree with you more! A good sunblock and vitamin C serum are my two "must haves"

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this tinted moisturizer b/c it was the only one available at CVS and it is wonderful--the 'dark' is a really nice, creamy shade without any chalky or pink undertones. All I needed was a bit of sheer coverage, and this evens out my skin tone and makes me look dewy (but shiny in photos, for some reason!). And to Katee--I put it OVER my CE Ferulic/Stimucoll AND my SC physical defense 30 sunblock, AND it happens to have an spf of 15 as well! (And it wasn't even sunny out). Aren't you proud of me?
Wink

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
All I needed was a bit of sheer coverage, and this evens out my skin tone and makes me look dewy (but shiny in photos, for some reason!). Wink

Come to think of it - this might be my only "complaint." I was a bit shiny in my vacation photos even though I did not consider myself shiny in person... just a nice glow. But heck, I'm not a model, so who cares! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I used a CG Smoothers product once-- it was in a compact. It broke me out HORRIBLY and since then I've never really trusted Cover Girl products. I recently bought a CG Cheekers blush because it was a pretty color, and then I remembered why I don't like their products-- it actually stung when I put it on and gave me little bumps (milia?) on my cheeks. It had clove in it. Why, I ask, does a blush need cloves? It's my face, not a ham.

But, that's not to say the product in discussion is bad. I'm a fan of tinted moisturizers. And their "Fresh Complexion" line isn't bad-- my sister has used the compact foundation for years.
whimsy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I have to say that I found my best colour match in CG Smoothers All day hydrating make up in Buff Beige, waaay better than ones I have had in Chanel , Clinique and Lancome. I'd really recommend trying this foundation! I think it might have clogged my pores though, so at the moment I'm trialling out mineral foundation (and I LOVE it).

Has anyone ever used Buff Beige in this foundation formulation (the colour is very different from formulation to formulation, and can give me any advice on colours in Lauress or EDM? In Lauress I tried Soft Beige and Light Natural which both seem very good, but I wonder if I might go a shade darker...are they forgiving if I choose wrong?

Sorry, that was a lot!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |