Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

using gel blush and not looking like Bozo The Clown
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just thought I'd post this tip because I've always had trouble with making gel blush look natural.

I was recently discussing gel blush with a friend of mine who happens to work at a Clinique counter (not that this has any relevance apart from the fact that she does mini-makeovers A LOT). I complained to her that I was silly a while ago and bought a MAC gel blush (I think MAC actually calls it a 'stain' instead of gel blush, but whatever) because I loved the colour yet I ignored the fact that my past history with gel blushes couldn't even at best be described as 'shaky'.

I could never make gel blush look natural and I found it very hard to blend. I was left with very obvious circles where the blush was applied. I don't know if anybody has the same problems but she told me to mix some of the gel blush with a tiny bit of moisturiser and apply it then. It worked like a charm and looks very natural as well. Such a simple little tip and yet I never thought of it because I was applying the blush to already-moisturised skin.

Do you guys ever do that? Know that you have tried a particular make-up item (e.g. liquid eyeliner - my worst nightmare) yet every-so-often you still buy it because you convince yourself that surely you'd be able to do it by now? And then find out that nothing has changed? LOL I think I buy one liquid eyeliner a year and end up throwing it out shortly after. I used to do the same thing with the gel blushes but now that I know to mix them with moisturiser I don't actually have to throw them away anymore. I've taken an empty sample container and mixed enough to last about a week. So now it's nice and handy Very Happy :P
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I keep buying red lipsticks because I want so bad to have a Vav SurprisedSurprised m sexy mouth. But no matter which shade of red, I end up looking like Bozo the Tramp.Sad

And I keep buying cream blushes because I like how they look on other people, but I've never been able to master them.

But lucky for me, I grew up in the 80's when makeup was bold and fun. Bright pink and blue eyeshadow was the norm. (It matched my pink and blue mohawk! Very Happy)

Anyway I discovered some great tricks along the way like this one:

1) Rub a bit of moisturizer on your cheeks
2) Before it soaks in, use your fingers to apply a bit of POWDER blush.
3) Blend

The result looks a lot like cream blush, but it's easier to get it right. And you can also use powder eyeshadow colors like soft pink and frosty peach. (Copper looks HOT on a summer face!)

And since eyeshadows come in way more colors than blushers, you get lots of choices.

--Alohagirl:P
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |