Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Peach fuzz
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've always had a small amount of white-blonde peach fuzz over the sides of my upper lip near the corners of my mouth that was so barely visible that I've never bothered to have it waxed. But over the last few years, I've noticed that the hair is getting thicker to the point where I'm considering getting it waxed.

For folks with a similar issue, are there any negative consequences to waxing in this area? Will the hair grow back even thicker? Does peach fuzz like this wax well? Will it cause break-outs?

Thanks in advance.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I wax on a regular basis because I don't like powder sticking to the fine little hairs. It does wax off very well and doesn't grow back thicker. Waxing usually makes hair thinner and sparser but I can't say I have noticed that in the lip area. One thing though - I hate having my lip waxed because it is the most painful of all the waxing I get done. Give me underarm or bikini wax any day over this one!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Our hair growth and texture changes as we age. In the nursing home every woman I have seen has long dark hairs on their upper lip, chin, overgrown eyebrows and cheeks. If they want, we tweeze these hairs. Body hair decreases as we age but facial hair for some reason increases. Men get it in their ears, nose and unruly eyebrows.
I wax my cheeks, chin, and upper lip. I always had fine peach fuzz, but it was thick. I was teased as having a mustache in 6th grade, and have been waxing ever since. My eyebrows were also half an inch thick when I was younger. So I thank God for Wax!! Just so you know it doesn't hurt as much anymore, but it will send you to the moon the first few times it is done. I have probably deadened most of my nerves around the hair follicle base by now, but it still does hurt.
Waxing does not change the type of hair growth that you have (If you are blond, it will not all grow in black), but as for peach fuzz it WILL NEVER BE THIS FINE AGAIN. I have mostly blond hair with some scattered dark hairs, but when they grow out a little they do feel prickly. This means I wax very often, or at least tweeze the prickly hairs until the finer hair is at a length I can wax again. I think the hairs get tougher a little bit. Feel your leg hair after waxing a small area. This is what kind of hair you will have on your face. If you truly do have a hair problem as I do, you have no choice. I am saying this because if you have fine blond hair and you think it is too much, please please just trim it first because once you rip it out of the hair follicle it will not have the baby down fine quality it has now. You can purchase those facial trimmers with attachments really cheap and see if that helps first, and wax your leg. This way you get a feel of the wax and see how your hair grows in. Waxing does reduce the amount of hair that grows back at a time because hair grows in stages.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy and laurabeth, thanks so much for your replies! I have to have my eyebrows waxed nearly every two weeks and I'm thinking that if the upper lip would hurt even more... it might be too much pain in my life!

Laurabeth, never thought of trimming in a million years and this might do the trick. It's exactly as Mabsy says - my primary concern is the way that makeup sits on the peach fuzz. Trimming might be enough to solve this issue. Gonna try it later today (when my allergy meds wear off and my hands aren't so shaky Laughing ).

Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
You are going to think I'm crazy, but with a new razor, I shave the peach fuzz on my face. I use powder foundation, so the hair becomes noticeable when it gets too long. It doesn't grow back prickly like one would think it would. I do it about once a month. Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I don't have a big problem with peach fuzz, but it has gotten a bit more as time goes on.. I'm blonde and you can't see it, and my eye brows are all but invisiable, so I am very lucky, {except for, you can't see my eye brows...LOL} but, it bugs me... I use one of those skinny little razors they came out with a few years ago.. Mine is IGIA, but there are many brands now.. Cost: anywhere for a dollar, at a dollar store to 10.00.. The hair doesn;t grow back at all stubbly, at least for me.. I also shave the hair on my arms. I'm not hairy at all, never have been, maybe that's why it bugs the heck out of me...LOL I don't know if something like that would work as well for people with dark hair tho...

I will say that this razor doesn't work for shaving under arms or legs or anything else really... IMO and on me anyway...
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Land B-- You're welcome, I hope that helped Smile This is a plight woman are embarrased to talk about, even though everyone thinks about it! Powder really does define the hairs doesn't it?

Kiwi-- that is a great idea using a fine small razor. I think that is the same razor that is sold with bikini shaving gels for the bikini area?

I have also shaved in the past, my dermatologist had me shave for laser hair removal which was IPL and did not work for me in 3 sessions. (All I could afford at the time) I'm considering laser hair removal in the future when I've saved up for it because now they have a spray that darkens the hair follicle when used daily. It is supposed to work on peach fuzz, red hair and blond hair. The spray is called "meladine". The laser I used previously didn't do much for me, but it was a long time ago and technology has changed since. I now know that it takes probably 8 sessions for light hair. You uses the meladine spray on the area every day for 3 weeks prior to being lasered. So every month you have the laser treatment on the 4th week. So it could take almost a year of this to be hairless, and it hasn't been shown to be permanent permanent. In other words, it may last for a while but years down the road you may have hair grow back. No one knows for sure yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
LauraBeth, I'm not sure if it's the same razor you're talking about or not.. The one I use is battery powered.. I've never seen them sold with gells.. Doesn't mean they aren't just means I've never seen it...LOL What I have I don't think works at all on the bikini line, legs or underarms, but I love it for my face, the strays that pop up and my arms...

I want electrosis {sp?} SOOOOOO badly on my under arms! The permanent kind tho..

Kiki
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I know what you're talking about now. It's a trimmer/razor gadget.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Laurabeth,
I've shaved my face, hands, fingers, arms, legs, toes, feet and neck for years and years. It's fast, painless and cheap. You are also less likely to have ingrowns or other "bumps" with shaving. I've used all types of razors and don't find any to be "special". The best thing I've learned is to use moisturizer to shave with.
woolly

Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Laurabeth,
I've tried that spray you mentioned prior to laser for blonde hairs, and it did not work for me. Was very expensive, and I sprayed that stuff on morning and night for six weeks, with 2 treatments and absolutely no improvement. I had had great success previously with laser for my coarse,dark hairs, but it just didn't work for the blonde stuff even with the spray. Could be you'd have better luck though. What kind of wax do you use for facial hair?
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
That's great shaving works for you Donnababe, I may shave again in the future when I have laser or may not if it proves not to work. I have red/blond hair and a few darker hairs that I remove with a vengence. It's all genetics for me, I've had tests run to make sure my hormones aren't causing it.
wooly-- that is really a bummer the laser with the meladine didn't work on blond hair. I thought that was what it's purpose was. GRRR. Maybe something else will come up. What do you do for your hair? I use "moom" wax and dust cornstarch on the skin prior to the wax. It's very gentle, and doesn't leave a wax residue that won't wash off. This was a problem for me in the past as the oil I would use to remove the wax residue would cause pimples in the open pores. I tried a gentle soap and that didn't help either. I now rinse with cold water and apply aloe vera gel. I don't do any treatments until the next day. I usually wax in the morning on a Saturday I'm not going anywhere. I pluck any errant hairs in between waxing. I am also using retinol every 3 days at night so I make sure I haven't used any at least 3 days prior to waxing. I used to buy Sally Hansen wax strips and use the azulene oil that came with it-- do not ever do this. That oil is evil! Yeah it soothes (but no better than aloe) but it also will plug up every follicle that just had a hair removed from it. I started out with waxing at a salon, learned the technique, and do it myself now. It's really not hard, but you have to be careful or you can remove layers of skin with it. Just like shaving, we all had to learn how to do it and the best way for waxing is by watching a professional.

Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the info on waxing,Laurabeth. I'm a little afraid to try it (don't like pain). I just have a few blonde chin hairs that wouldn't laser off, so I shave them every day. I really want to find a permanent solution that WORKS!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
has anyone successfully used a hair minimiser on these areas?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone tell me the best disposable razor to use for the face? I've heard about the small ones but I don't know where to get them. I looked at Target and didn't see any. Thanks!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
gosserj wrote:
Could someone tell me the best disposable razor to use for the face? I've heard about the small ones but I don't know where to get them. I looked at Target and didn't see any. Thanks!

I haven't looked, but I wonder if Sallys would have something.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
You might find them in the hair removal section by bikini area shaving gels.
OR-- Get one of those nifty trimming things for $10-- the kind for the bikini shaving or trimming mustache, sideburns, back of short hair. Use that on your face, it's tiny and has an attachment so you don't actually "shave" your skin with it you just trim!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |